Dutch Passion Desfrán Test Grow

AutoMaster

So, We move into final phase with the Desfran......... Day 79 (11Wks) & Flower, Day 49 (7Wks)

They have changed up a gear in the last week, re trichome loading........... one or two of my previous strains have looked like this at the end, not with 3-4 weeks left to bulk out even more....

Ive got them on 200ppm of pk13/14 for last 8-10 days............. and in addition, "Canna Boost Bud Accelerator" 2ml/Ltr......fed separately to nute, with very slight amount of Mollass........ nute Ec reduced for Pk @0.4 mS/Cm.

The superb extra air exchange is showing benefit already, now the space cubic volume 13.5m3 is changed out 10-15 times per hour..................... removing sweet perfume as it is produced............

Fran only knows how much these will stack in the final 3-4 wks of fruitification............................ but it is looking to be an enormous final loading with this 100% "Sensimelia" Sativa........ Umaaa me favorite fruit.

The Df WK 11 Fwr Wk 7.............. like Kellogs Frosty "Long Candy Sticks"............ AM's DF's.........

international blog indoors

Day 79 Flwr Day 49 Dutch Passion DF 004

Day 79 Flwr Day 49 Dutch Passion DF 006

Day 79 Flwr Day 49 Dutch Passion DF 007

Crystal Packed Solo Flowers De DF...

Day 79 Flwr Day 49 Dutch Passion DF 002

Day 79 Flwr Day 49 Dutch Passion DF 003

Day 79 Flwr Day 49 Dutch Passion DF 005

Day 79 Flwr Day 49 Dutch Passion DF 011

Day 79 Flwr Day 49 Dutch Passion DF 012

Here is one i did earlier !.... (Not Really)

But this is what i am aiming at, this is 100%

Sativa as well....... "A Clonker Of A Flower"

kalisnapple

DF Full Load;

Desfran dutch passion 05

A mental journey so far......... and it has gone very quick to..

There is no doubt you could chop these now, and harvest a superb bounty of nature at 7Wks without doubt..

making a 9Wk finish no worries...... i am going to push on from here for another 21-28 days of loading....

Enamored properly with this strain........ it is probably going to push out the TD from the top spot of me best alltime 5 strains, relegating TD to second place...... Automaster

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 9

It will be interesting to see how this smokes mate. I'm sure you'll let us know :)

There are only two reports out there Tee...Re "Destroyer x Destroyer"...... they both use the word 'Insane "Smoke" Tee..................... Tetrahydrocannabivarin must be out the other side of 22% if chromoed !!............

Probably the reason there is only two smoke reports out there might be, "I will Keep This One To Myself"..it's that good, or like "TripBudz" say's "Me New Permanent, Sativa Crystal Buddy".!!

or, it could be,...... two days after a "Destroyer" session destroyed em.............................

.... they couldn't remember the site log details where they found the strain in the first place !!.....

.....bearing in mind Sativa is higher in THCv than Indica, and Sativa is lower in CBD, CBN, CBC & CBL..compared to Indica, which is lower in THCv but higher in,CBD, CBN, CBC & CBL ..........

Insane to me, is a THCv content, "North Of 24%"..............that will trip your day for sure...........

........ if it is so, 24%+, this will be the strongest kit i have done so far...!!.............. Insane.......... yep.......tremble at the thought of that power to weight ratio !!,.......yep....crystal loading continues !!.............Automaster

DF Trich ball...... 90 trichs cm/1....... "North Of 24% THCv...??? Cant Wait For Those, "Crystal Loaded DF Sweet Candy Sticks" to roll into me percy jars...!!

Cannabiogen   Destroyer thumb

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 2

For those who are not aware of the exact difference between Sativa & Indica strains, Content see below;

.............hence my favorite fruit is "100% Sativa" Queen Of Strains" and much more sensitive to grow to, with faster feedback when grown properly out to the max !!........... enjoy the read.............AM

The Active Ingredients Of Cannabis

THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) gets a user high, a larger THC content will produce a stronger high. Without THC you don't get high.
CBD (Cannabidiol) increases some of the effects of THC and decreases other effects of THC. High levels of THC and low levels of CBD contribute to a strong, clear headed, more energetic high.
Cannabis that has a high level of both THC and CBD will produce a strong head-stone that feels almost dreamlike. Cannabis that has low levels of THC and high levels of CBD produces more of a buzz or stoned feeling. The mind feels dull and the body feels tired.
CBN (Cannabinol) is produced as THC ages and breaks down, this process is known as oxidization. High levels of CBN tend to make the user feel messed up rather than high.
CBN levels can be kept to a minimum by storing cannabis products in a dark, cool, airtight environment. Marijuana should be dry prior to storage, and may have to be dried again after being stored somewhere that is humid.
THCV (Tetrahydrocannabivarin) is found primarily in strains of African and Asian cannabis. THCV increases the speed and intensity of THC effects, but also causes the high to end sooner. Weed that smells strong (prior to smoking) might indicate a high level of THCV.
CBC (Cannabichromene) is probably not psychoactive in pure form but is thought to interact with THC to enhance the high.
CBL (Cannabicyclol) is a degradative product like CBN. Light converts CBC to CBL.
If you are a grower, you can experiment with different strains of cannabis to produce the various qualities you seek. A medical user looking for something with sleep inducing properties might want to produce a crop that has high levels of CBD.
Another user looking for a more energetic stone will want to grow a strain that has high levels of THC and low levels of CBD. In general, Cannabis sativa has lower levels of CBD and higher levels of THC. Cannabis indica has higher amounts of CBD and lower amounts of THC than sativa.

Cannabis is unique in many ways. Of all plants, it is the only genus known to produce chemical substances known as herbal cannabinoids. These cannabinoids are the psychoactive ingredients of marijuana; they are what get you high, buzzed, or stoned.

Most of the cannabinoids appear in very small amounts (less than .01 percent of total cannabinoids) and are not considered psychoactive, or else not important to the high.

Tetrahydrocannabinol - THC

Delta 9-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol - delta-9 THC is the main psychotomimetic (mindbending) ingredient of marijuana. Estimates state that 70 to 100 percent of the marijuana high results from the delta-9 THC present. It occurs in almost all cannabis in concentrations that vary from traces to about 95 percent of all the cannabinoids in the sample.
In very potent strains, carefully prepared marijuana can be 30 percent delta-9 THC by dry weight (seeds and stems removed from flowering buds).
Delta 8-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol - delta-8 THC is reported in low concentration, less than one percent of the delta-9 THC present. Its activity is slightly less than that of delta-9 THC. It may be an artefact of the extraction/analysis process. Almost everyone who uses the term THC, refers to delta-9 THC and delta-8 THC combined, as THC.

Cannabidiol - CBD

Cannabidiol - CBD also occurs in almost all strains. Concentration range from none, to about 95 percent of the total cannabinoids present. THC and CBD are the two most abundant naturally occurring cannabinoids. CBD is not psychotomimetic in the pure form, although it does have sedative, analgesic, and antibiotic properties.
In order for CBD to affect the high, THC must be present in quantities ordinarily psychoactive. CBD can contribute to the high by interacting with THC to potentiate (enhance) or antagonize (interfere or lessen) certain qualities of the high.
CBD appears to potentiate the depressant effects of THC and antagonize is excitatory effects. CBD also delays the onset of the high but can make it last considerably longer (as much as twice as long). The kind of grass that takes a while to come on but keeps coming on.
Opinions are conflicting as to whether it increases or decreases the intensity of the high, intensity and high being difficult to define. Terms such as knock-out or sleepy, dreamlike, or melancholic are often used to describe the high from grass with sizeable proportions of CBD and THC.
When only small amounts of THC are present with high proportions of CBD, the high is more of a buzz, and the mind feels dull and the body de-energized.

Cannabinol - CBN

Cannabinol - CBN is not produced by the plant per se. It is the degradation (oxidative) product of THC. Fresh samples of marijuana contain very little CBN but curing, poor storage, or processing such as when making hashish, can cause much of the THC to be oxidized to CBN. Pure forms of CBN have at most 10 percent of the psychoactivity of THC.
Like CBD, it is suspected of potentiating certain aspects of the high, although so far these effects appear to be slight. CBN seems to potentiate THC's disorienting qualities. One may feel more dizzy or drugged or generally messed up but not necessarily higher.
In fact, with a high proportion of CBN, the high may start well but feels as if it never quite reaches its peak, and when coming down one feels tired or sleepy. High CBN in homegrown grass is not desirable since it represents a loss of 90 percent of the psychoactivity of its precursor THC.

Tetrahydrocannabivarin - THCV

Tetrahydrocannabivarin - THCV or THV is the propyl homologue of THC. In the aromatic ring the usual five-carbon pentyl is replaced by a short three-carbon propyl chain. The propyl cannabinoids have so far been found in some strains originating from Southeast and Central Asia and parts of Africa.
In one study, THCV made up to 48.23 percent (Afghanistan strain) and 53.69 percent (South Africa) of the cannabinoids found. We've seen no reports on its activity in humans. From animal studies it appears to be much faster in onset and quicker to dissipate than THC. It may be the constituent of one or two toke grass, but its activity appears to be somewhat less than that of THC. Some people use the term THC to refer collectively to delta-9 THC, delta-8 THC, and THCV.

Cannabichromene - CBC

Cannabichromene - CBC is another major cannabinoid, although it is found in smaller concentrations than CBD and THC. It was previously believed that is was a minor constituent, but more exacting analysis showed that the compound often reported as CBD may actually be CBC.
Relative to THC and CBD, its concentration in the plants is low, probably not exceeding 20 percent of total cannabinoids. CBC is believed not to be psychotomimetic in humans; however, its presence in plants is purportedly very potent has led to the suspicion that it may be interacting with THC to enhance the high.

Cannabicyclol - CBL

Cannabicyclol (CBL) is a degradative product like CBN. During extraction, light converts CBC to CBL. There are no reports on its activity in humans, and it is found in small amounts, if at all, in fresh plant material.

Cannabinoids And The High

The marijuana high is a complex experience. It involves a wide range of psychical, physical, and emotional responses. The high is a subjective experience based in the individual and one's personality, mood, disposition, and experience with the drug.
Given the person, the intensity of the high depends primarily on the amount of THC present in the marijuana. Delta-9 THC is the main ingredient of marijuana and must be present in sufficient quantities for a good marijuana high.
People who smoke grass that has very little cannabinoids other than delta-9 THC usually report that the high is very intense. Most people that don't smoke daily will feel something from a joint having delta-9 THC of 3 percent concentration to material.
Cannabis products having a THC concentration of 5-10 percent would be considered good, 10-25 percent would be considered very good, and over 25 percent would be excellent quality by daily users standards. In general, we use potency to mean the sum effects of the cannabinoids and the overall high induced.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

DesFran Update; Day 89 overall & 59 of flowering;

Ec is now 0.64 mS/Cm nute only

Ph is 6.6 this end of flowering

And the gland loading is still powering on, 60% cloudy now

No issues encountered at day 89 of 105-120

The bouquet continues to get stronger !.......

have cut 6no golf ball sized nuggs 3 days into cure now post 6 drying

down to 65% RH before air tight curing.

So will be smoke testing next week.......

still got 2-3wks left of gland loading to go inc

10 day RO flush......... should bring out the fruits !1

DesFran Sticks of "Sensimellia" Candy;

DF Candy now at 23 inches long...

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 020

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 021

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 022

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 031

DesFran Solo Fruits;

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 014

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 025

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 028

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 029

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 030

looking forward to cured Df smoke test this week...!!
There is a lot of gland on sample flowers, so will be like testing hash i would imagine;...
Thanks for dropping in guys......nxt update 10 days, 2nd to last one already.... Automaster
Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Desfrán is a Destroyer x Destroyer crossing. Its a variety which the sativa lovers should really enjoy but beware of the stretch in bloom. More info is here http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/cannabis-seeds/product/desfran-feminized-cannabis-seeds/

The plants look great AM, enjoy watching them fatten up!

Here They Are Then Tone/Jo/Henk/mahmoud............... "Fat" & "Frosty" & Frothing With The Shear Weight Of Solid Trichomes of DesFran............

..... 14 weeks overall (From 1st Wetting Of Seed) & 10.2 weeks 70 days Flowering Fruitification.

Second to last update;...100/70......... 30% amber trichs today on scope test, looking at least 23% volume of trichs, the largest crystal outcome, for me, to date.

The 1.4m canes 4no to a cultivar container, have done a great job of holding these Df's up. Still, a couple have gone over with the shear weight of fruit load. There are so many trichs, some have merged into a matt of resinous trichs in places......... shear mentalness !!............. the talent of this strain nows no bounds........

Final Ec was 0.987 mS/Cm... minus tap water buffering of RO @ 0.320 = final nute Ec @ 0.667, inc silicone throughout the grow.

Very economical on nute costs !! but very productive, efficient in conversion of nute, to somatic growth & fruits. Atm, above 80-85 trichs per cm squared, not easy counting em under 250 mag.

They have been on "Pure RO" flush now for 10 days, and run off Ec has dropped to 78.6, where i like to be near end of flush. So extremely pure, very low nute content in flowers in other words... 'Pure"

What, & How to describe the DesFran Bouquet De Aroma from Flowers ??................ i will have a go;.........

Bouquet / Aroma / Pungency 10/10....... make that 100/10 !!.......... simply the best i have had the olfactory pleasure of........

Sweet; Fruity; Tropical; Passion Fruit; Cantaloupe; Banana; sweet mango Spicy; Herbs; Pepper; Thyme; Saffron; Sandalwood; Cedarwood; Pine; Maple; Hashish; Coughsyrup; Organic; Coffee; Onion; Musky; Sweat; Alcohol; Soda; Sweet mollas; sweet pea Floral; Rose; Spicy nutmeg; Honey citrus lemon General Impression Indoor: is all together extraordinary strain, and quite recommendable.

Days = 100/70 Pics....... DesFran Sensimellia....... 100% sativa.......... 30% amber trichs.............. this is going to kick hard !!............

DesFran 23 inches long, "Candy Sticks" of Sensimellia............. in no particular order; a cultivar for cultivators De extreme........ will surly rank among Dutch Passions Top Sativa Strains.

From This;

Day 52 Flwr Day 24 Dutch Passion DF 006

To this in 100 days...

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 021

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 022

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 014

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 025

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 028

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 029

Day 89 Flwr Day 59 Dutch Passion DF 030

Day100   Flwr70 Dutch Passion DF 012

Day100   Flwr70 Dutch Passion DF 014

Day100   Flwr70 Dutch Passion DF 016

Day100   Flwr70 Dutch Passion DF 017

Day100   Flwr70 Dutch Passion DF 020

Day100   Flwr70 Dutch Passion DF 021

Day100   Flwr70 Dutch Passion DF 022

Day100   Flwr70 Dutch Passion DF 023

Day100   Flwr70 Dutch Passion DF 024

Day100   Flwr70 Dutch Passion DF 025

Just 2 days left on flush, making 12 day flush in all........... run off Ec is now down to where i like it, 78.4............ so very little nute left in the medium and plant now. Accordingly she is sucking back all she can get from her reserves in store................ just started to turn the fans very light brown on 2-3 Df's......... They will be coming down, after 2 days drying out no watering, in 4 days, and into brown bag for vectorization of moisture. Which will be low, due to 2 days drying of plant before harvest. Then into the cure period.................... havent cut any for a pre taster, going to wait untill cure is 7-10 days old................. looking forward to that evening !!.... Automaster

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 3

A lovely sight.... beautiful looking buds mate...... I admire your restraint not having a crafty taster, I hope these dames smoke as good as they look.

let us know...

Tee

• Like 1

A lovely sight.... beautiful looking buds mate...... I admire your restraint not having a crafty taster, I hope these dames smoke as good as they look.

let us know...

Tee

Tee, thanks for dropping in my canna compardrie.... im sure they get fatter every time (Once A Day) i go in the cultivar space............................. recon 3 pos 4 zip a dame, if the collapst flower bow in my hand is anything to go by........................ so heavy Tee.................. with that concentration of trich a squra cm, i can wholly understand why................. "She Cant Hold Her Own Weight" !!............... even with the 10mm canes up her skirt !!

There are so many trichs on the 5-7mm diameter calyxes, they form a shimering matt of glossy trichomes..................... the picture i can tell you, dont tell lies................ not taken by me, but by "TripBudzz"

Cannabiogen   Destroyer thumb

Didant get em, quite the same size as the 100% sativa "KalliSnapple" 34 inches of glory;

kalisnapple

But had a dam good go at it !!.......... 23 inches DF of glory...

Still at 23 inches, quite a clonker of a flower though Tee....... Automaster
Addendum;; The breeder Alberto/Francis, from Argentina deep down south America way;..... after 9yrs defining the strain to f8 say's, he describes the DF aroma thus;
"Desfrán has a fruity aroma like pear and green apples, the taste is like enjoying a pear caramel with hints of grape and melon. Desfrán produces unusually dense and compact flowers for a Sativa".
yes, can agree to that.............. 23 inch "Argentinian" candy sticks........................ aint complaining mind........... as the shear volume of terps produced by this strain, are the thickest in air i have savored.
Apples & Pears....... i wont be able to make it up them after 0.5g of this kit....!!........ bad enough standing !.... let alone stairs !!...... i'll be locked up tight, rigid couch locked !!, recon 24% minimum.....AM
Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 6

Beautiful AM, how I missed this I don't know. I've given myself a right slap on the wrists. Those colas are amazing. I love the way the bud formation makes them appear to spiral. I look forward to reading this thread from beginning to end. Great work as always mate. :yep:

• Like 1

These grabbed a hold of you didn't they AM. lol. Don't think she'll be letting go any time soon either. Your explanation n' technique for keeping the internode distance n' consequently this 100% Sativas height down is a valuable insight as was the info that they took to all kinds of manipulation well. Without any signs of intersex prob's. Mainlined for an eight ball cluster looks the way to go then . A great test grow loaded with all the genus,nutes,lights,enviro' info needed for us the reader to go on n' produce a decent grow ourselves. DesFran is taking a slot in my to do list I like to get high. Your work helps me do that AM. Cheers big time bro. :)

• Like 3