Critical+ 2.0

Dinafem-Mark

I'm not going to diary with the critical , I've got 6 of your gorilla there I'm going to get them popped And do a diary with the gorilla. Should have them popped in the nxt wk 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2018 at 8:58 AM, The yeti said:

I'm not going to diary with the critical , I've got 6 of your gorilla there I'm going to get them popped And do a diary with the gorilla. Should have them popped in the nxt wk 

Great news :yep:

Good luck mate I'll most definitely be following your diary once started :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• 1 month later...

Finally came back after being afk for an extensive period of time, I am a ghost when it comes to social media etc, for very good reason.

Anyway I realised it isn't that easy to upload photos on this forum as the coding seems to be from the 90's dial up era as far as images are concerned.

So I've left a link to a folder of some rough images I took when I chopped the girls down.  I. couldn't find any of the thing before I chopped but the structure was lovely and had nice thick buds, that were perfect when fully dried.  And actually a very nice smooth smoke once cured for a month burping through jars.

Anyway here's the link to the gallery.  Sorry about some poorer quality of the photos and the long wait.  

https://app.box.com/s/aoimmaqna3aacfcsajl4asf6w8q1h9qv

Peace

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 05/11/2018 at 0:53 PM, The yeti said:

Just to let you know Mark 10 out of 10 critical 2.0 have popped And are up and out 

Yes they do have an excellent popping ratio and quite a fair few phenos

• Like 1

Any idea what could be causing the older leaves to turn brown and die at the edges? It's only on one critical +2.0 clone out of six, they're all in coco and fed the same canna nutrients. I think the plant first started suffering this leaf problem when it was very young and the temps were too low and it's been the same since. The new leaves look fine for a while.

large.DSCF4334a.jpg

• Like 1

On 13/04/2019 at 0:12 AM, WeedSurfer said:

Any idea what could be causing the older leaves to turn brown and die at the edges?

Can I ask one question please mate? 

I know the leaves are yellowing up and turning brown. Are they also drying out and becoming crispy when touched? 

Thanks mate, let's try diagnose this issue :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 15/04/2019 at 1:57 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Can I ask one question please mate? 

I know the leaves are yellowing up and turning brown. Are they also drying out and becoming crispy when touched? 

Thanks mate, let's try diagnose this issue :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Cheers Mark. Only the brown bits are crispy, the inner part of the leaf that's still green is flexible. I've flushed the plant good and proper the other day so hopefully that might help, it's hard to say yet though as there's still a few of the dodgy leaves at the bottom of the plant, I'll get rid of them all in a few days when they've been in flower for 3 weeks. Weird thing is that a few of my clones are showing the same signs so I can only assume they were from that plant as the rest of them are fine.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WeedSurfer said:

Weird thing is that a few of my clones are showing the same signs so I can only assume they were from that plant as the rest of them are fine.

Did you take cutting from multiple Critical+ 2.0 plants mate?

If one batch of cuts are showing these same signs it could be a genetic issue or the mother plant maybe sick and passed this along to her siblings/clones :)

Keep me posted on this please mate  ;)

All the best 

Mark...

• Like 1

On 23/04/2019 at 0:10 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Did you take cutting from multiple Critical+ 2.0 plants mate?

If one batch of cuts are showing these same signs it could be a genetic issue or the mother plant maybe sick and passed this along to her siblings/clones :)

Keep me posted on this please mate  ;)

All the best 

Mark...

Yeah I took cuttings from 3 different plants which I'd grown from seed so more than likely the dodgy cuttings are from the dodgy plant. I've just pruned away all the sick looking leaves anyway so I'll be able to see if any more leaves start showing similar signs since flushing.

I don't think it'll be genetic because non of the original, grown from seed mother plants showed these signs. It could possibly be epigenetic though as the first cuttings I took were grown in conditions that were too cold for a couple of weeks and I think that's when the sick plants leaves first showed signs of browning. I read somewhere that if it gets too cold the plants can struggle to take in the right amounts of nutrients leading to a deficiencies in certain micronutrients. I'm theorising that one plant cold have passed on epigenetic modifications similar to what happened with humans in the Dutch hunger winter, when starved mothers passed on effects to their children and grandchildren. The mother plants exposure to low temp growing conditions cold have caused a semi-permanent phenotypic effect due to epigentic changes in gene expression.

Or they just needed flushing!

• Like 1

On 24/04/2019 at 8:53 PM, WeedSurfer said:

Yeah I took cuttings from 3 different plants which I'd grown from seed so more than likely the dodgy cuttings are from the dodgy plant. I've just pruned away all the sick looking leaves anyway so I'll be able to see if any more leaves start showing similar signs since flushing.

I don't think it'll be genetic because non of the original, grown from seed mother plants showed these signs. It could possibly be epigenetic though as the first cuttings I took were grown in conditions that were too cold for a couple of weeks and I think that's when the sick plants leaves first showed signs of browning. I read somewhere that if it gets too cold the plants can struggle to take in the right amounts of nutrients leading to a deficiencies in certain micronutrients. I'm theorising that one plant cold have passed on epigenetic modifications similar to what happened with humans in the Dutch hunger winter, when starved mothers passed on effects to their children and grandchildren. The mother plants exposure to low temp growing conditions cold have caused a semi-permanent phenotypic effect due to epigentic changes in gene expression.

Or they just needed flushing!

Looks like the plant must have had some sort of nutrient lock out as no more leaves are turning brown after I flushed the plant and removed all the dodgy leaves. I've chucked the clones from that plant too just in case. Cheers for the advice.

• Like 1

@WeedSurfer What are your Feed levels mate (ppm/e.c)?

Also, what's your run-off reading? And ph reading? 

All the best 

Mark..

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2019 at 8:09 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

@WeedSurfer What are your Feed levels mate (ppm/e.c)?

Also, what's your run-off reading? And ph reading? 

All the best 

Mark..

I use the canna nutes range so just follow their chart. So at the time the ec+ was 1.3 giving a total of 1.8. My ph is 5.8 but always seems to rise a little after a couple of days to about 6.0. I never measure the ec of the run off though, do you think I should start doing that? What run off ec should I be looking?

The plant seems perfectly fine now anyway, no more dodgy leaves at all :)

• Like 1