Triacontanol

Laphroaig

On 22/05/2020 at 11:01 PM, F.100 said:

has anyone got more info on brassinolide? I have two plants to experiment on (wouldnt use for whole grow). I applied last night at 0.1 ppm and its already looking good!

I heard it is a type of hormone that the nucleus makes responsible for telling the plant to grow overall not just latteral but can induce stretch as theres a large element of cell elongation and enhanced positive phototropism. 

I have been on other threads and rarely seen anyone getting good results, it seems to onle be me and @Laphroaig

Ive been researching this stuff like mad for the past 2 months and it feels good to finally test it and see good results.

I have been using it on a plant that's in early Veg and it looks at the very peak of its health. I feel like I could up the dose to 0.15 or maybe even 0.20 on the next spray (14 days).

Would anyone know about combining it with 6-BAP?

I ordered brassinolide for this grow n it hasnt arrived through the post. Very frustrating as i did want to try it.

Ive used tricontanol as a foliar every 2 days throughout this grow, the sweetspots between 10 and 25ppm. Noticeable growth occurs within a day.

Important- tricontanol doesnt affect plant negatively in veg or flower, it can be used effectively in both.

I made a foliar up of nitrozyme (growth technology) NPK tri, thats 100ppm nitrozyme, 150ppm NPK  25ppm tri.

Extensive branching has occurred.

Nice uniform well developed budding through most the plant. Internodal spacing is regular, uniform and increased.

The most important effect (i think anyway) is where the branches/bud sites develop. They force a leaf out sooner which in turn starts to feed the branch/bud and it develops faster and larger in turn.

Flowering initiated about 4 days faster than the original mother i took these clones from.

Because of the lateral growth, vertical growth isnt an issue. Im 3 weeks in flower total stretch 8-10inches.

Im trying 6bap too but cant see no difference/results on the test plant.

Ive some kinetin but i think it can mess with the sex of the plant so decided not to use at all.

My previous 2 grows ive used tri as a root feed in flower at a higher ppm, 50-100ppm with positive results.

This is the first grow ive applied as a foliar and in veg too.

youre on the right dose with the brassinolide btw dont overdo it. less is more

speak of the devil, the homobrassinolide arrived this morning.

Im 19days in flower so a bit unsure whats best to do?

Ive a nice pair of symmetrical rose plants in garden, inbetween them is a vegging cannabis plant, il spray that and a rose plant with 0.1ppm brassinolide n see what results are like. Il maybe try just 1 flowering plant too.

If youre mixing hormones/steroids any chems be aware some have synergistic effects when applied together it may mean you use much less chems - even a hundredth of what youd use if "standalone" applying them.

My best results with tricontanol so far is a 5ppm foliar every 48hours btw. 25ppm works but only use for once a week. As a root drench the effects seem a little different i much prefer the foliar, the plant response is telling within 24-48hours. wish i had a fogger to spray aerosolised vapour into the growroom just before lights come on. As is i spray 30mins before lights on, switch the bulb power down to 250w for 30mins until any moisture on plants has evaporated then turn it back up to 600w.

lol 

Christ. This is too far down the rabbit hole even for me. 

You can request samples of alfalfa hay/pellets from many places online for free. Triacontinol + feed for free with none of the faffing. 

• Like 1

On 09/06/2020 at 0:11 PM, Loam Gnome said:

Hi guys does anyone have links to any UK suppliers of Brassinolide and Triacontanol @Laphroaig

Yo, ive just read through this thread, some great stuff in here, i have just purchased some of that power grown brassinolide off ebay, its from Usa so have to wait a week or 2 to get it....my wonderwomen are in week 4 of veg im going to be scrogging them soon as i always do, ive just ordered some ready processed triacontanol concentrate for cheap off ebay called blizzard. Looking for advice on the best timings to apply both the Tria and the brass...done tons of research on both but there seems to be conflicting opinions on when is best to foliar spray these...some peeps say only use brass in veg others say spray twice in flower for huge buds...

Ive Sprayed the tria twice so far, once a week. Might up it to twice a week, seems to be really increasing overall vigor and branching out of the plants. First time dabbling with PGRs like these, so far so good. Ive been mixing my tria with nitrozyme with good results as a foliar feed, id like to know how to root drench with tria aswell but it doesnt seem anywhere near as effective with the doses you use for spraying? 

Whats the safety of using that stuff then for the final product? Also whats the quality usually come out like does it affect terps and flavours. 

As far as im aware Triacontanol and Brassinolide are perfectly safe, they are natural regulators. Ive not seen or read anything to suggest otherwise. Tricontanol is already in quite a lot of boost products in our local stores, Canna Boost being a popular one. However i dont know at what concentration. Its more effective as a foliar spray anyway which you would want to stop at around week 4 of flower. Which would make sense as you dont wana carry on foliar spraying due to risk of bud mold and other things. 

I used a terpene product called Terpinator on my last grow and it just happened to be the most crystally/resiny and tastiest harvest ive done. Not saying this is 100% linked to that but its likely. So il carry on using it this grow in flower, from week 4 as the trichromes are really building up, using at half the max strength got me good results last time! It cost me something like 15 quid and lasted the 4 weeks so no wallet pain there. 

4 hours ago, djayswitch said:

As far as im aware Triacontanol and Brassinolide are perfectly safe, they are natural regulators.

they might be safe in natural doses administered by the plant itself but not sure about using them in any other way:unsure:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buddy13 said:

they might be safe in natural doses administered by the plant itself but not sure about using them in any other way:unsure:

I hear your concern but please do some research on it. Triacontanol has been used in additives and sprays for a relatively long time with no known ill effects. No evidence to suggest anything bad from it. There ARE some pgrs which behave differently and arent natural such as Pacla and thats a known carcinogen. 

Just to recap.. tricontanol is in allsorts of boosts and overpriced snakeoil products in small, i suspect 1ppm amounts so it doesnt have to be declared. Yes it does work and work well. It increases total biomass yield and gives the plant more vigour all around when used correctly.

To answer a question, yes tri can increase the trichome production noticeably.

Application - less is more. 5ppm foliar feed. I mix with liquid seaweed and NPK, @100ppm seaweed + 100ppm 20-20-20NPK. Ive gone upto 280ppm no nute burn. i use 12.5-25-25npk sometimes instead.

10ppm saw no further benefit. 1ppm was barely noticeable.

Things i noticed.. plant 'greens' up throughout. Overall general vigour and health looks very good. In veg increased branching. New nodes 'set' faster pushing out leaves ready for shoot growth (0.01ppm brassinolide sets that shoot stem growth immediately off)

THC appears sooner in flower. Flowering initiates a few days faster.

As a root drench i use 25ppm although 10ppm may be enough youll have to experiment. over 25ppm is no benefit.

Find the MINIMUM what works, give yourself and plant leeway. Unless you perfectly control temperature and humidity you should work with 20% less nute strength to allow for evaporation and plant drinking excesses due to enviroment. Once its in you cant get it out so use less and add more if desired.

That reminds me that i knocked my nute strength back from 925ppm to 700-750ppm and plants responded very well.

I foliar the tri with a light mist on undersides of leaf only every 48hours or so. Im in flower and continuing foliar to about the 5th week. My growstyle enables it as ive many uniform size buds well spread out rather than 1-2donkey dicks per plant which would hold water and promote molding. ive defoliated heavily, BUT i left a dozen or so fan leafs at bottom of the plant expressly for foliar feeding and observing for defiencies/over/underwatering etc.

I try not to spray flower pistils.

Yellowing bottom leafs, increase the N (seaweed). Soft saggy leaf =need watering.

Tricontanol revives poorly plants very well too, ive brought several house orchids back from the brink with just a couple foliar sprays.

It can be used to good effect throughout veg and flower and standalone or in combination with other products.

Used well it can give you a much more uniform canopy and even bud growth. And increase thc + yield

Ive just tried the brassinolide as expected 0.01ppm foliar spray there was a few inches of stretch over 24-48hours on the stems. what im interested in is if the topbuds also begin to elongate more. If this occurs after the natural stretch has subsided we may be able to push the plant into growing much bigger buds.

I got 1.58gpw several years ago and suspect the tricontanol boosted my yield about 40% in that grow although i used a product it contained with brass rather than standalone tri.

Edited by geoffo
  • Like 3

On 6/13/2020 at 9:05 AM, geoffo said:

Just to recap.. tricontanol is in allsorts of boosts and overpriced snakeoil products in small, i suspect 1ppm amounts so it doesnt have to be declared. Yes it does work and work well. It increases total biomass yield and gives the plant more vigour all around when used correctly.

To answer a question, yes tri can increase the trichome production noticeably.

Application - less is more. 5ppm foliar feed. I mix with liquid seaweed and NPK, @100ppm seaweed + 100ppm 20-20-20NPK. Ive gone upto 280ppm no nute burn. i use 12.5-25-25npk sometimes instead.

10ppm saw no further benefit. 1ppm was barely noticeable.

Things i noticed.. plant 'greens' up throughout. Overall general vigour and health looks very good. In veg increased branching. New nodes 'set' faster pushing out leaves ready for shoot growth (0.01ppm brassinolide sets that shoot stem growth immediately off)

THC appears sooner in flower. Flowering initiates a few days faster.

As a root drench i use 25ppm although 10ppm may be enough youll have to experiment. over 25ppm is no benefit.

Find the MINIMUM what works, give yourself and plant leeway. Unless you perfectly control temperature and humidity you should work with 20% less nute strength to allow for evaporation and plant drinking excesses due to enviroment. Once its in you cant get it out so use less and add more if desired.

That reminds me that i knocked my nute strength back from 925ppm to 700-750ppm and plants responded very well.

I foliar the tri with a light mist on undersides of leaf only every 48hours or so. Im in flower and continuing foliar to about the 5th week. My growstyle enables it as ive many uniform size buds well spread out rather than 1-2donkey dicks per plant which would hold water and promote molding. ive defoliated heavily, BUT i left a dozen or so fan leafs at bottom of the plant expressly for foliar feeding and observing for defiencies/over/underwatering etc.

I try not to spray flower pistils.

Yellowing bottom leafs, increase the N (seaweed). Soft saggy leaf =need watering.

Tricontanol revives poorly plants very well too, ive brought several house orchids back from the brink with just a couple foliar sprays.

It can be used to good effect throughout veg and flower and standalone or in combination with other products.

Used well it can give you a much more uniform canopy and even bud growth. And increase thc + yield

Ive just tried the brassinolide as expected 0.01ppm foliar spray there was a few inches of stretch over 24-48hours on the stems. what im interested in is if the topbuds also begin to elongate more. If this occurs after the natural stretch has subsided we may be able to push the plant into growing much bigger buds.

I got 1.58gpw several years ago and suspect the tricontanol boosted my yield about 40% in that grow although i used a product it contained with brass rather than standalone tri.

Interesting info here! What was the product that you used containing both brass and Tri?

I received my Powergrown Brass from ebay in the post this morning, took 3 weeks to arrive from usa...the instructions say to use 0.1ppm...you say 0.01...What is the correct amount?