Triacontanol

Laphroaig

I feel like I've got in a lift but got off on the wrong floor accidentally discovering a hive of crazy scientists talking in riddles.

Good luck with it guys just hope one of you doesn't accidentally inject Cannabis dna into yourselves and become "Cannabisman" who stinks like fuck and grabs crim's with your super sticky crystally grip.

Yes I'm bored but seriously you guys are working in some next level areas so good on ya.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Bump...

Can you buy a prepared dilution of this solution for foliar spraying? I don't mean like Canna Boost Accelerator or Shogun Sumo Boost?

(As a side note "Active Boost" also contains (BRs) Brassinosteroids)

Thanks in advance... just getting interested in Triacontanol due to its presence in Alfalfa.

Edited by SolomonBruceman

12 minutes ago, SolomonBruceman said:

Bump...

Can you buy a prepared dilution of this solution for foliar spraying? I don't mean like Canna Boost Accelerator or Shogun Sumo Boost?

(As a side note "Active Boost" also contains (BRs) Brassinosteroids)

Thanks in advance... just getting interested in Triacontanol due to its presence in Alfalfa.

You can buy it in powder form mate and dilute it yourself

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/17/2019 at 3:25 PM, Tempa said:

If always been under the impression that Triacontanol is a pgr???? F**k pgr's no matter how fast plants grow 

Its a natural occurring substance. Plants i believe already contain it, you just give them more, to do more. It's not a PGR as you know it!...

11 minutes ago, trance said:

Its a natural occurring substance. Plants i believe already contain it, you just give them more, to do more. It's not a PGR as you know it!...

Testosterone is a naturally occurring substance too, produced in the human body for the human body.

But if you start injecting supranatural doses into your system for sustained periods of time in never ends well.

The same can be said for lots of "naturally occurring substances".

Most PGR's are either naturally occurring or based around/built on a naturally occurring substance.

It's doesn't mean using them is safe or healthy in the long term.  In the overwhelming percentage of cases the long term effects haven't even been studied, by dearth of the fact they haven't been around long enough yet.

When you look at how the stuff "approved" for use by the agricultural industry has recently been proven to be detrimental to long term human life after consumption, well it doesn't take a genius to work out the non-approved stuff is only going to be worse... Does it?

2p

• Like 2

@Dodgee 

Yes of course you can overdo anything bro!.

Steriods for example are considered relatively safe......'IF' you take them responsibly!.

Fuck me water can kill you....:unsure:

Its all about a balance, as in all things in life.

The whole food chain contains chemicals/pesticides etc, etc. In small doses its deemed as safe? Who knows bro, is it?

Where does it end?

My view is Triacontanol is produced by the plant in small doses. Its natural, right? It certainly beats adding chemicals that have no resemblance of being natural what so ever!. Used in moderation then why not? 

Not sure how you grow Dodgee but have you ever used chemical ferts? 

Good chance you have smoked them though, all those nasty chemicals destroying your lungs!. 

Risk is subjective....:smokin:

• Like 1

I respect your pov mate.

I even agree with some of it.

Personally I grow organic at the moment but have user chem ferts in the past and wouldn't be adverse to using them again in the future in some circumstances.

I've also used some pgrs before and tbh I wouldn't use them again, at least not whilst growing for Percy..

And yes, risk is indeed subjective 

• Like 1

If  canna boost has tri in it then there are plenty of grows that are tri influenced 

To my mind there is a world.of difference  between Alar /paclo grows and canna boost grows?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The triacontanol did wonders to my N defiency and yellowing mid leaves greened right up. They went from pale yellow to very vibrant lush green in just a few days.

I only used around 4ml in 12litres nute solution PPM was @ 700 ph 6.5

I'm sure there are levels to this. Simply saying fuck PGRs is pretty useless. I'm sure some are safer than others, but it's unlikely that the average home grower is going to have the knowledge to know, hence the weak blanket statements. 

Personally I'm ok with triacontanol (not from a scientific standpoint) so I'm ok using the odd product that contains it. 

I actually bought it in powder form ages ago and tested it on some clones. It worked well, but I never used it in that form on my actual grow. But I have used canna and shogun boost as a Foliar feed recently 

• 4 months later...

has anyone got more info on brassinolide? I have two plants to experiment on (wouldnt use for whole grow). I applied last night at 0.1 ppm and its already looking good!

I heard it is a type of hormone that the nucleus makes responsible for telling the plant to grow overall not just latteral but can induce stretch as theres a large element of cell elongation and enhanced positive phototropism. 

I have been on other threads and rarely seen anyone getting good results, it seems to onle be me and @Laphroaig

Ive been researching this stuff like mad for the past 2 months and it feels good to finally test it and see good results.

I have been using it on a plant that's in early Veg and it looks at the very peak of its health. I feel like I could up the dose to 0.15 or maybe even 0.20 on the next spray (14 days).

Would anyone know about combining it with 6-BAP?