Auto Wappa and Vertigo

Dirtyhabits

Well thought i would do a Auto Wappa and Vertigo diary, does not look like anyone else has.

Seeds left overnight in tepid water and then into 3/4L Pots, soil supreme and large sprinkle of Plant Magic granuals around seeds. (06/05/14)

Setup

1.2m x 1m x 1.9m Grow Room
Sunmaster 600w Variable power Digital Ballast
250w/400w/600w HPS Sunmaster Dual Spectrum Bulbs
80cm Sun King parabolic
Evolution digital fan speed & Heater controller
RVK 125 5' High Power Fan
RVK 125 5' Low power Fan
5' Rhino Pro Carbon Filter
2x 6' Fans suspended from Easy roll hangers
600w Oil Heater
Blyss 82cm tower fan

Growing Media

Plant Magic Soil Supreme

Base Nuttrients
Plant magic OT Bloom, OT Grow

Additives
Plant Magic Granuals, Catalyst, Root Stimulant, Bio silico
Humboldt Equilibrium

Will be trying Xtreme Gardening Azos for the first time.

Lets Hope we get to see 2 nice Auto's , Never done any Paradise Seeds Before.

I ran Auto Wappa last year, very fruity, nice potentcy after a good cure (I cured mine 6 months cause I had a forced rest from herb). It is a very good strain, reliable and you know what you are going to get. I like that it is not a leafy strain (in the buds), the bud to leaf ratio is high. I did it after checking out the photo period version which also went without a hitch (and it very potent indeed).

Auto Wappa is good a little less cerebral in effects that the photo version in my own experience. Nice thick resinous buds, very fruity and rich smells and flavour. Just watch for bud rot at the end because the main buds are seriously thick and resinous not much air gets in the biggest cola's. A fine strain and I topped mine to keep them low and it did not effect flowering one little bit, day 21 on schedule. I have 1 Vertigo seed freebie here but never tried it. Good luck.

It is the Wappa varieties that inspired my forum name.

Edited by MaxTrichomes

Hi, I have got 5 auto Wappa in 10 litre Airpots. They are currently 2 weeks old. I have done the strain before and I was very pleased with the results. I will be following your diary with interest. :bong:

Hi, I have got 5 auto Wappa in 10 litre Airpots. They are currently 2 weeks old. I have done the strain before and I was very pleased with the results. I will be following your diary with interest. :bong:

Thanks mate , any pics or tips.

Week 1 day 4

PM Catalyst @ 1.0ml/Lt
Root Stimulant @ 3.0ml/Lt
Bio Silicon @ 0.5ml
/Lt

Temps Min 22c Max 26.5c

gallery_80856_7100_23395.jpggallery_80856_7100_48868.jpggallery_80856_7100_14060.jpggallery_80856_7100_22547.jpggallery_80856_7100_40408.jpggallery_80856_7100_19155.jpg

• Like 2

Hello again, My plants are 3 weeks old today and on two of them I have found what I am sure are male flowers! :shock: The other 3 are females (I hope!) I have pulled off the pollen sacks off the two plants and I am hoping that they don`t return, but i think that they are males and not hermies. :furious: To say that I am pissed off is an understatement!

These seeds were a replacement pack after having males from a pack of five I bought. I sowed 4 seeds out of the pack and one turned to mush and 2 were males (balls everywhere) so I was left with only one female. :ranting: I was gutted. I emailed Paradise and they sent me another pack of five and some free photoperiod seeds, which I was happy about. To have the same thing happen again is really disappointing to say the least :bangin: I only flower with a 250W dual spec Hps at the moment due to headroom, so I really need to get a good yeild from 4 plants if I can. All I can do now is keep a close eye on them and remove the 2 plants if they prove to be males. :ouch: To be honest this has put me right off femmed seed and autos too, but not Paradise Seeds. I am lucky to have sorted a little veg room lit by a 4 tube T5 so I will veg my photoperiod strains and take cuttings :thumsup:

I have a Delahaze, Opium, and Wappa which they kindly sent me, so I will buy a SensiStar to go with these and hope for the best.

Oh well, I still have three females so I suppose it could be worse. I hope that you have better luck than I have had and I can say that the one Auto Wappa I had from my last Auto grow was a really nice smoke :oldtoker: thats why I decided to do it again.

Later, PollenBoy :bong:

Day 8

PM Catalyst @ 1.5ml/Lt
Root Stimulant @ 5.0ml/Lt
Bio Silicon @ 0.5ml
/Lt

Temps Min 23c Max 27.2c

gallery_80856_7100_58865.jpggallery_80856_7100_25264.jpggallery_80856_7100_38930.jpggallery_80856_7100_5981.jpg

Edited by Dirtyhabits
  • Like 1

So after the first Wappa and my free Vertigo looked so good i poped the other 2 Wappa seeds.

seven Days later still nothing. so im very upset with a 50% germ rate with the seeds

Well at this point not sure if i will update any more.

Will See what reply i get from Paradise seeds First

Sorry to hear about your bad germ rate man. When I did Vertigo I got all 5 seeds from a seed bank and they all germinated. Maybe you've just had a bit of bad luck of the draw.