monolith on mars moon

im talking about the food chain

so were top, that`s life atm

this is a very good tool for understanding evolution

Some say it was canna and mushrooms that helped us along the way to more awareness in the very distant past, the opposing thumb and big brain helped a fair bit too, which makes us very special.. I can see that being the case from my own experience. There is so much going on around us that we are all totally oblivious too most of the time as the conditioning for the masses generally works. We are capable of living in this world in harmony, just needs a change of attitude really....

Edit, a good read is "food of the gods", Terrance McKenna (hope thats allowed)

Edited by shire

Guest bazzad9

cards on the table for me its simple we live we die and thats it .....and im perfectly comfortable with that

this could just be me making things simple for myself so my question is

what do we think else there is ? what do we mean by it and why do we think it ?

not trying to start an argument just interested ,from my point of view it seems like wish full thinking ,it used to be god and an afterlife but now it seems we have the same thing only this "more to life"

is it just a comfort blanket ,a modern god thats not a god sort of thing

Guest bazzad9

Some say it was canna and mushrooms that helped us along the way to more awareness in the very distant past, the opposing thumb and big brain helped a fair bit too, which makes us very special.. I can see that being the case from my own experience. There is so much going on around us that we are all totally oblivious too most of the time as the conditioning for the masses generally works. We are capable of living in this world in harmony, just needs a change of attitude really....

Edit, a good read is "food of the gods", Terrance McKenna (hope thats allowed)

i read it was eating cooked meat or something (bit vague i know )

i read it was eating cooked meat or something (bit vague i know )

Finding certain grass seeds that contained a certain amount of protein that could be stored for a long time and either eaten or sown, eating cooked meat not really up there if you consider that Papua New guinea have been eating cooked meat for as long as the rest of man, but they just did not have a protein bearing grain.

• Like 1

cards on the table for me its simple we live we die and thats it .....and im perfectly comfortable with that

not trying to start an argument just interested ,from my point of view it seems like wish full thinking ,it used to be god and an afterlife but now it seems we have the same thing only this "more to life"

I have absolutely no idea.

If we live then die and there is nothing else, that's cool. After all isn't that pretty much what we seek every night when we go to bed? If anything, I think that that is the most comforting scenario.

But I think that all that we know is such a small proportion of all that there is to know or be perceived that I just don't know with any degree of certainty.

When I was growing up we were the only planet in the Universe that could conceivably support life and bumble bees couldn't fly, by the time I'd qualified as a teacher there was life everywhere and bumblebees could fly, so who knows?

• Like 2

Guest bazzad9

Finding certain grass seeds that contained a certain amount of protein that could be stored for a long time and either eaten or sown, eating cooked meat not really up there if you consider that Papua New guinea have been eating cooked meat for as long as the rest of man, but they just did not have a protein bearing grain.

makes sense mate

looks like i have more reading to do

First time I've logged in today and I hate to drag the thread back to such irrelevances as the original topic but there isn't a sculpted monolith on Mars. I'm surprised that video didn't include the image which started the monolith story, which appeared to show a tall 3-sided monolith with a flat top. Mars Express photographed the same area in great detail and revealed there's nothing there, even that rock which cast the long shadow didn't look anything like as impressive.

Guest bazzad9

I have absolutely no idea.

If we live then die and there is nothing else, that's cool. After all isn't that pretty much what we seek every night when we go to bed? If anything, I think that that is the most comforting scenario.

But I think that all that we know is such a small proportion of all that there is to know or be perceived that I just don't know with any degree of certainty.

When I was growing up we were the only planet in the Universe that could conceivably support life and bumble bees couldn't fly, by the time I'd qualified as a teacher there was life everywhere and bumblebees could fly, so who knows?

i think i get what your saying mate

i often think why wasnt the computer invented 3000 years ago ,we are the same inteligent beings that made them today ,so this makes me think what do we now have the capability of doing /creating that we have no clue about and the only thing holding us back is us ,there is no reason in terms of brain power etc that says we couldnt have made them thousands of years ago

but i do sort of have an answer ,its the accumulation of knowledge ,this takes time to make the computer a thousand years ago is not a single thing it includes lots of different technologies that all had to come together before it was possible

we are standing on the shoulders of those that came before us ,if the universe /earth had formed 2000 years earlier in the grand scheme of things we would have had the computer 2000 years ago so i think its just time that is the thing that limits us

and seem to be waffling again ,what was the question :rofl:

so yes there is certainly more than we know now ,but that may mean it all turns out much simpler than we imagine ,it may turn out that the key to life is so simple a 4 year old can grasp it no problem ,we have just gone around the long way so then is there more or less than we know now ?

yes i realise i have started waffling again

Guest luang

Isn't that just(to quote yourself->) "wishful thinking" ? because you're(to quote yourself->) "perfectly comfortable with that" explanation.

IOW(to quote yourself->) "is it just a comfort blanket?"

Edited by luang

Guest bazzad9

Isn't that just(to quote yourself->) "wishful thinking" ? because you're(to quote yourself->) "perfectly comfortable with that" explanation.

IOW(to quote yourself->) "is it just a comfort blanket?"

if you read the whole post or even quote it i clearly say ,and i quote "this could just be me making things simple for myself"

your answer is right there in the same post

edit

to say there is something else as if true would require something to back it up

the we live we die thats it is the default position

Edited by bazzad9

but there isn't a sculpted monolith on Mars.

he said the moon Phobos mate, but it`s still the same answer

• Like 1

When I was younger this is exactly how I used to think. I also used to get a lot of deja vu as if I had already been through a lot of life experiences that I was currently experiencing (History repeating itself) but was always worried about dropping dead because I didn't want to die and that be the end of it. However, the older I got the less worried about death I've become because something inside me tells me that death is not the end of things as we would know it. Seems to be built in and I can't explain it. My daughter asked me about death when we get old (6yrs old) and I said "we just go to heaven". (Am I lying? just seemed to be the right thing to say at the time) The natural thing for her to say was "I don't want to die" And that's exactly what you'd expect from a young person or child. I thought I'd put my age in 46 now :)

Edited by English Oak
  • Like 1