monolith on mars moon

evrything else has a purpose

does it? how are we different from the rest of life on earth?

life`s job is to survive, otherwise it`s not life

• Like 1

I agree that we are part of everything, but I don't think we evolved from anything. I believe we have always been human beings. We are still finding evidence of civilisation that pre-dates stone age man. My view is that we are spiritual beings that inhabit the human form. When we die we get a choice to be part of everything again or to go back into life as an adventurer. That light at the end of the tunnel could be us coming back out of the birth canal again. May be our spiritual beings like playing life like it's a video game.

Edited by English Oak

but I don't think we evolved from anything.

we did mate

everything has a common ancestor, basic single celled life

cats and dogs evolved from the same animal too, i find that fascinating

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

if you take us away then what changes in the food chain. evrything else has a purpose

Not humans but same principles...

• Like 2

I agree that we are part of everything, but I don't think we evolved from anything. I believe we have always been human beings. We are still finding evidence of civilisation that pre-dates stone age man. My view is that we are spiritual beings that inhabit the human form. When we die we get a choice to be part of everything again or to go back into life as an adventurer. That light at the end of the tunnel could be us coming back out of the birth canal again. May be our spiritual beings like playing life like it's a video game.

Where to start? lol maybe with, what evidence is there of civilisations that pre date the stone age?

• Like 7

I can't think of anything that has evolved with intelligence and has always been intelligent. There's nothing on earth apart from us with culture. Oh and language

Edited by English Oak

I can't think of anything that has evolved with intelligence and has always been intelligent. There's nothing on earth apart from us with culture.

so?

the clue is in the word evolve

Edited by ratdog

What makes us so different that we can send rockets to the moon and yet monkeys are still swinging around in trees. Why hasn't anything else evolved?

I can't think of anything that has evolved with intelligence and has always been intelligent. There's nothing on earth apart from us with culture. Oh and language

a quick google reveals...

http://news.sciencemag.org/brain-behavior/2013/04/strongest-evidence-animal-culture-seen-monkeys-and-whales

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/adaptations/Animal_culture

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/photos/7-cultured-animals-that-share-knowledge/were-not-alone

http://www.animalplanet.com/animal-facts/animal-culture-info.htm

and Whales and dolphins most definitely have language

• Like 3

Guest bazzad9

evrything else has a purpose

i think you are mis using the word purpose

animals dont have a purpose just a niches they have evolved to fit into

What makes us so different that we can send rockets to the moon and yet monkeys are still swinging around in trees. Why hasn't anything else evolved?

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.
  • Like 9

Guest bazzad9

i wonder if rats think they are the best animals on the planet and it was all made for them ,or house flys etc etc

im sure all the animals think (if they had the capacity)they are the "ones" the earth seems to suit them perfectly ,of course they have simply evovled to fit that niche

bit like the puddle again from the puddles point of view the hole it sits in was made perfectly to shape for it ,of course the puddle simply follows the shape of the hole

humans are the best is just arrogance

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

what i was trying to say only much better :hippy:

Edited by bazzad9