monolith on mars moon

Guest bazzad9

When I was younger this is exactly how I used to think. I also used to get a lot of deja vu as if I had already been through a lot of life experiences that I was currently experiencing (History repeating itself) but was always worried about dropping dead because I didn't want to die and that be the end of it. However, the older I got the less worried about death I've become because something inside me tells me that death is not the end of things as we would know it. Seems to be built in and I can't explain it. My daughter asked me about death when we get old (6yrs old) and I said "we just go to heaven". (Am I lying? just seemed to be the right thing to say at the time) The natural thing for her to say was "I don't want to die" And that's exactly what you'd expect from a young person or child.

i think your lying to your child in the same sense you lie about santa ,yes its a lie but a harmless one at that age ,when she is old enough she will form her own views on it ,as long as your not then still telling her she is going to heaven then its the same as the santa thing ,we dont have an age when we tell kids santa isnt real ,we let them work it out and when they say "he's not real " we have to agree ,but for many years it served them well and where happy with it and the working out and discovery of it is sometimes just as rewarding as the beleif once was

as for adults i have no problem with it except when its promoted as fact ,ie if you dont do X Y will happen when you die and people living by this

your case it seems to me you think there might be something more ,it makes you happy it harmless ....so why not ,your not shaping this life by it ,and add to that you may well be right its certainly not fact that death is it ,its all we know and from what we know it seems likely but who knows

Edited by bazzad9

Guest luang

if you read the whole post or even quote it i clearly say ,and i quote "this could just be me making things simple for myself"

The you go on to contradict yourself by saying your version of 'Life, Universe & Everything' is some kind of "default position" when in reality there is no "default position" there is only your version of events and everyone else's version of events, there is no "default position".

the we live we die thats it is the default position

You can't both be "making things simple for myself" & adopting some kind of "default position", they are almost opposite viewpoints, unless the "default position" you mention involves "making things simple for myself" then its not a default position it's just you adopting an explanation of the universe which you are comfortable with.

So which is it?

Edited by luang

Guest bazzad9

we live ...this we know

we die ...this we know

anything else posited is speculation ,so we have a default position based on what we do know

and can you explain how the simple based on what we know without adding anything we dont know is either not the default position or simple

i make things simple for myself by assuming the default position based on what we know ,no more no less ,this is simple and the two fit perfectly well together

another luang epic fail

Guest bazzad9

You can't both be "making things simple for myself" & adopting some kind of "default position", they are almost opposite viewpoints, unless the "default position" you mention involves "making things simple for myself" then its not a default position it's just you adopting an explanation of the universe which you are comfortable with.

breathing air allows me to breath and live ,the default position ,nice simple and easy

i could say its not the air its unicorns farts that in fact allow me to breath and survive ,i could go through a really complicated version of events to explain why we think its air and why experiment says its air but it is in fact unicorn farts

one is based on what we know and is simple

one is speculation based on nothing and is complicated

does the default position and it being simple for myself conflict ..........i think not

First time I've logged in today and I hate to drag the thread back to such irrelevances as the original topic but there isn't a sculpted monolith on Mars. I'm surprised that video didn't include the image which started the monolith story, which appeared to show a tall 3-sided monolith with a flat top. Mars Express photographed the same area in great detail and revealed there's nothing there, even that rock which cast the long shadow didn't look anything like as impressive.

this is probably the more realistic view, especially with such low quality evidence. but there isnt really evidence to disprove it and its always good to keep an open mind about things until absolutely sure or you maybe wrong. interesting that buz thinks its real tho.

he said the moon Phobos mate, but it`s still the same answer

Sorry, of course that's what I meant to say.

Jimmy, the Mars Express photos were hi-res, there really isn't a monolith there. It is interesting that Buzz and Ed mitchell have had so much to say about anomalies and even in Mitchell's case aliens, purely my own speculation but I suspect it's because they are looking for evidence of which they can speak openly, having been sworn to secrecy about what they found out as Apollo astronauts.

Sorry, of course that's what I meant to say.

Jimmy, the Mars Express photos were hi-res, there really isn't a monolith there. It is interesting that Buzz and Ed mitchell have had so much to say about anomalies and even in Mitchell's case aliens, purely my own speculation but I suspect it's because they are looking for evidence of which they can speak openly, having been sworn to secrecy about what they found out as Apollo astronauts.

so you think its fake or natural phenomena?

so we found a giant eroded 'cock rock' as someone said lol the planets all deformed & the found a rock that sticks out like a dick haha be a hotel there 2250 lol

so you think its fake or natural phenomena?

It's just a rock, maybe one that impacted having been travelling on a shallow angled convergent course with Phobos at similar speed.

its not the air its unicorns farts that in fact allow me to breath and survive

are these unicorn farts from factory bred unicorns or free range unicorns? im only asking because iv read the "any and all information on unicorns" thread and it says nothing about breathing unicorn farts? tbh baz, i think your holding out on us here somewhere along the line!

dj...

• Like 1

this is probably the more realistic view, especially with such low quality evidence. but there isnt really evidence to disprove it and its always good to keep an open mind about things until absolutely sure or you maybe wrong. interesting that buz thinks its real tho.

Buzz Aldrin says 'the universe put it there'. I agree with him.

• 1 month later...

What if we were all wrong, and the real explanations for after death and other unexplainable things havnt been thought of yet

What if we were all wrong, and the real explanations for after death and other unexplainable things havnt been thought of yet

eh?

• Like 1