600w light can be recognized by police helicopters?

mimika

@@Edward They might not do it much but they definitely still do it in the real world..... They might be tracking someone who is running from police even and spot it by mistake...

Of course your there's a lot of reasons your house could be losing heat but not in the same way as someone with a big grow operation going on haha

Check out this link from 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2461412/Police-helicopter-s-thermal-imaging-camera-detected-home-cannabis-factory-heat-coming-lamps-grow-drugs-look-like-flat-GLOWING.html

Agree to disagree mate. I think there is not much risk of being busted by choppers, you think there is. As long as we all try and stay safe whilst we grown our own.. Stay safe mate.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
19 hours ago, FatBoy77 said:

Only shit LED'S dude. 

Only shit LED?

Well I put my clamp meter on mine and read 310mA @ 240V = 0.310 * 240 = 74W,

I haven't bothered factoring any power factor in to this as its only meant to be a ball park figure. 

9 minutes ago, netbuddy said:

Only shit LED?

Well I put my clamp meter on mine and read 310mA @ 240V = 0.310 * 240 = 74W

I don't know what a clamp meter is. If it's supposed to be 600w and is actually drawing 74w, that should tell you everything. If your readings are correct, it's a very shit led. 

It measures AC Voltage and AC Current, instead of being inserted in to or across a circuite to get the readings, they are passive and you clamp a yoke around the wire to get a voltage reading or current reading.

If you want to know more, try search engine for `AC Clamp meter` and see the meters and you will get then why they are called clamp meters.

Show me a case where it unequivocally states the search warrant was issued on the grounds of thermal imaging.

Then, I might panic.

if it pulling 74 watts then its 74 watts, 600watt equivelant is  aphrase made up by  led companies to sell there  low wattage lights as

a better product than it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2020 at 8:28 PM, The Budmeister said:

if it pulling 74 watts then its 74 watts, 600watt equivelant is  aphrase made up by  led companies to sell there  low wattage lights as

a better product than it is.

LED's are typically 80% efficient, meaning less energy to make light with at the rated intensity.

If it says 600W on the light, its light intensity is that of a 600W lamp and is a rough guid to the amount of expected light you can get.

You need to delve in to PAR and PPFD to full appreciate that LED lights vastly differ from make to make.

So you can have two almost identical lamps and both give different amounts of light but both look as intense as each other.

You will not know until you look in to what type of light you have.