Fan Controller

Bond

:badass::yinyang::spliff: i think i understand what you mean raz , cheers mate, i'll have to check tomorrow at growroom, see what i can test with my little budget metre, i think it might do amps and volts ,

Is this thread pinned? If it aint pinned, it needs it! Top thread this, im pleased as punch with my controllers and I reckon every grow room should have em.

:yinyang:

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to add my thanks as well, this thread is great!

I've used the info to sort my new grow box out and I'm well impressed!

Cheers

DF

• 2 months later...

I need a speed controller/s myself for my rvk 150 and 125 fans,with a view to adding the thermostat in the future.

Trouble is my local B+Q is crap and might not have these things,as it doesn't stock the majority of what other poeple have bought from their local B+Q's.

If they do have them what kind of amperage are we talking about ? 1 amp ?

It sounds to me like a heavy duty dimmer would do it if B+Q have them as a previous poster said his was just a dimmer when dismantled.

So what sort of power handling capacity will this dimmer need to have ?

thanks. ;)

its been said b4

dimmer switches work but can be noisy(buzz)

which some people dont like

a lamp "has nothing to run"

a fan has a motor

thats why its best to use a fan switch£12 b+q

Thanks but unfortunately my local B+Q doesn't sell that or snything remotely like it either,just on/off lighting switches and some cable is all they have for sale.

As i said my local B+Q is crap and very expensive too.

Who else sells these things ?[not online].

I made one of these a few months ago exactly the same as Raz's :smoke::guitar:

However my fan comes on full speed when the temp drops :yahoo:

I have wired it up just like raz's photo, which is a great help :yahoo:

Do i need to change the wires round on the thermostat? To get it to turn fan on when temp rises.

Cheers :headpain:

Hi, I've got the same problem, I've wired it up exactly as per Raz's instructions, taken it apart wired it again checking everything, but it still only kicks in full speed when the temp drops below the chosen point :headpain:

anyone got any ideas why this is happening ?

:headpain::yahoo::headpain::yahoo:

this is driving me mad, I've been at this since I got home from work @ 6.30 :smoke:

The only thing I can think of that's different in my setup than from Raz's is that I have an earth on my fan, I've just cut and taped it so that it's out the way and the same as Raz's photos, but I'm wondering wether to wire it up to the other earths in the junction box? :guitar:

Right, just totally undid everything and tried oldtimers way of doing it

post-12001-1144450303_thumb.jpg

but it's still only kicking in full speed when it drops below chosen temp , not above.

So it must be something with the wires, I've just had a thought about electricity always going the easiest route, maybe it's something to do with the cable I'm using, does it have to be the same thickness for all the connections? (controller to stat, stat to mains, etc.) or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Is there a way of switching wires to make the stat turn off instead of on when dropping below chosen temp?

christ, £80 isn't sounding so bad for a fan controller now :yahoo:

Changed my mind on the drawings, I have changed them back.

This will reverse the option to the above diagram, but its not correct I think.. post-338-1144462349_thumb.jpg

prawn I had to get a stat out to test it.

If you turn the stat to high or max the stat is switched to say the room temperature is below the set point, so 1 and 4 are open and the dimmer will be in working mode. If you turn the stat down until it clicks 1 and 4 closes and the stat is in the position where the room is warmer than the set point and the fan will go full speed as the switch is closed across the fan controler terminals.

Make sense?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Changed my mind on the drawings, I have changed them back.

This will reverse the option to the above diagram, but its not correct I think.

Ahhh why won't it work? I have tried Raz's method and also using oldtimers, but the fan still kick's in when it gets cooler.

post-3757-1147011096_thumb.jpg

And also:

post-3757-1147011128_thumb.jpg

It's a honeywell T6360B1028

Been trying to get this to work for a long while and i want to start growing again, but cant until i get this to work :yahoo:

:stoned:

Just trie d swapping the connections for pins 1 3 and 4 around. Dunno if this was safe? lol

Maybe my thermostat is buggerd? ;)

On the above diagram my thermostat shows pins 3 and 4 the other way round. But i have tried swapping the connections.

Please help

:yinyang: