Fan Controller

Bond

Here you go Bond :yinyang: ......

Hope it help's........

276236[/snapback]

Thanks Raz, your a true gent!!! Just to be sure then, thats brown to con 4 and blue to con 1.

Cheers

Bond

Cheers Mate, I will give it a go tonight!! If it works i will have a bong in your honour!! All praise ro Raz the magnificent!!!

Cheers Mate

Bond

Bugger yours looks much neater than mine *grumble*

The only distressing thing about the fan controller is the occasional moment of terror when you think your whole grow's blown up or summat cos it's so quiet! God bless the holy thermostat :)

Right, well after lots of swearing and checkiing of wires i finally got it hooked up and it works a treat!!! Absolute quality, I love my toys and this is a great one. It works great and only cost £25. Thanks to everyone for your help and thanks to fazared for a great idea!

Bond

i had one bong for each person that helped me get it up and running, which meant that i got nicly stoned hehe! Just got to get the main room set up with it now, last night was just the mother and clone box.

Thanks

Bond

Hi,

A quick question for you knowledgable stoners! I have an oil filled electric radiator (700w i think) that i am going to start using, i was thinking of hooking it up to one of these Thermostats, is this ok? is it just a matter of swapping the blue and brown cable over (oposite to fan)?

Cheers

Bond

Your rad should come with a thermo on it Bond :blub: ...

No need to wire it up to anything, just keep fiddling with the fan speed and the thermo on your rad and it'll come good ;) ....

RAZ

Your rad should come with a thermo on it Bond :blub: ...

No need to wire it up to anything, just keep fiddling with the fan speed and the thermo on your rad and it'll come good ;) ....

RAZ

277059[/snapback]

Hi Raz,

It does has a numerical thermostat, but i am so impressed with the thermostat on the fan i want to have thermostats on everything. I figure for £10 for the thermostat i have even more accurate control of the temps, should be more efficient on the leccy as well. Whats your thoughts, would this run ok?

Cheers

Bond

I think you'de be wasting your time and money dude but that's me :blub: ...

After fiddling with my thermo I now get a drop of no more than 3 or 4% from lights on to lights off ;) ....

RAZ

OK, maybe i should try it without first and see how i get on. As for wasting money, that really is a talent of mine, hehe!! Thanks for your help!

Bond

• 4 weeks later...

I also built one of these thermostatic fan controllers using the honeywell thermo and the B&Q fan dimmer. There is one problem though, using the B&Q dimmer seems to make loud buzzing sound come from my Ruck fan but when the fan kicks in full speed from the thermo there is no buzzing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? :unsure: