cannabis hypocrisy protest

Jiffa

The Dutch users are not exempt from UK law which does NOT recognise the Schengen Agreement. I would be very careful if I were a Dutch person hoping to come over, HM Customs will be all over them like a rash.

Please don't tell me that "Norml" are saying otherwise?

E2A

Oh, FFS! I can't believe Norml would be so inaccurate. They are badly misleading some folks if they think that just because they are Dutch they are "Legal" users in the UK! They are NOT.

Fuck me, this is a disaster waiting to hit some poor Dutch medicinal user. I hope Norml pay their legal fees when they get busted. Poor sods. Misled by the folks they should be able to trust.

Not good, not good at all.

That's a bit harsh towards the seemingly good people of NORML-UK, especially considering the fact that you are wrong when you say UK does not recognise Schengen.

It would be gentlemanly to reflect on some of the comments you made.

I wish all involved a very good day in London peacefully protesting against this hypocrisy.

Excellent Idea.

I see it as an opportunity for the police to video a few faces and make a few arrests. I think its a bad idea for anyone who has a grow on the go to attend such an event. Nice sentiment though.

• Like 5

and they say weed makes you paranoid :fear: :fear:

thats not likly or everyone from the hyde park meet there was 2k plus there smoking or all the other protests this year or last would have been lifted too

this is why we never get anywhere because everyone hides at home wishing other goodluck instead of standing up , most users dont admit it theres are normally the people we need to admit and come forward the teachers,nurses and whatever else

i know its not the same , but the people made it happen in america

Edited by Jiffa
  • Like 10

I see it as an opportunity for the police to video a few faces and make a few arrests. I think its a bad idea for anyone who has a grow on the go to attend such an event. Nice sentiment though.

You should change your name to missbiggirlsblousebob

BTW, the legality of this concerns 'residency' and has nothing to do with Nationality at all

Edited by DANZIG
  • Like 7

NORML UK is a den of Vipers full of egos and people with vested interests and self regarding agendas, ex Reynolds apologists and people that have already

demonstrated they lack judgement and perspicacity, UKCIA and CLEAR are fraudulent ego trips for those concerned and a handy scam for one in particular,

why trust a bunch whose personal agendas and fondness for self aggrandising titles blinded them to a right wing con man in their midst for many months

and scrambled desperately to separate themselves from PR by forming NORML UK, pity that by then their integrity and plausibility was shot to fuck before they even started.

NORML UK is a den of Vipers full of egos and people with vested interests and self regarding agendas, ex Reynolds apologists and people that have already

demonstrated they lack judgement and perspicacity, UKCIA and CLEAR are fraudulent ego trips for those concerned and a handy scam for one in particular,

why trust a bunch whose personal agendas and fondness for self aggrandising titles blinded them to a right wing con man in their midst for many months

and scrambled desperately to separate themselves from PR by forming NORML UK, pity that by then their integrity and plausibility was shot to fuck before they even started.

Not everyone in NORML UK were in Clear, Sarah McCulloch for e.g.. There's always going to be people with egos in any organisation, that's human nature, the question is whether the rules of the organisation allow any underlying odious egos that might be present to rise to the surface and run riot.

• Like 1

thats not likly or everyone from the hyde park meet there was 2k plus there smoking or all the other protests this year or last would have been lifted too

this is why we never get anywhere because everyone hides at home wishing other goodluck instead of standing up , most users dont admit it theres are normally the people we need to admit and come forward the teachers,nurses and whatever else

i know its not the same , but the pyeople made it happen in america

Ain't that the sad truth.

Edited by Fat Charlie

You should change your name to missbiggirlsblousebob

BTW, the legality of this concerns 'residency' and has nothing to do with Nationality at all

In that case I think it would be good if some British medicinal users resident abroad (health permitting) are able to make the protest. Adds an extra twist to proceedings.

Edited by soto
  • Like 2

That's a bit harsh towards the seemingly good people of NORML-UK, especially considering the fact that you are wrong when you say UK does not recognise Schengen.

It would be gentlemanly to reflect on some of the comments you made.

Indeed it would.

Yes, I am wrong in that the UK Gov seems to have made certain exceptions to its opposition towards the Shengen agreement. But I am right to say that it is NOT a signatory to that Agreement, and that any Dutch person entering with Cannabis is very much an exception granted by HMG, with a load of hoops to jump through first.

I wonder if Norml will take time to publish all the conditions any Dutch patients with cannabis must conform to before entering the UK with herbal cannabis? And I hope to dear God, that no Dutch person gets arrested due to their ignorance of the hoops they need to jump through, or due to Norml's being lax in making the situation crystal clear.

Given the potential for serious trouble for any Dutch patients entering the UK with weed, I don't believe I've been at all harsh. I wish the protest well, although I disagree with much of what it is trying to accomplish. And I hope that no one gets arrested or has any legal bother.

Edited by Arnold Layne

i know its not the same , but the people made it happen in america

Well said Jiffa! this is exactly the sort attitude we need to push things forward! (and the tide is slowly turning )

And although I do attend protests on occasion I must admit that I have been guilty of this in the past due to paranoia and probably a bit of laziness too.

And yes also guilty of not admitting being a smoker (when asked) in front of certain people (likely to judge, get wrong impression etc), but why should I hold things back

and go along with the myth that only lazy people smoke a bit of weed? or "it sends you mad".

So...... let's smash the stereotype :boxing:

Because I for one have had enough of this legal limbo! :skull:

• Like 1

Not everyone in NORML UK were in Clear, Sarah McCulloch for e.g.. There's always going to be people with egos in any organisation, that's human nature, the question is whether the rules of the organisation allow any underlying odious egos that might be present to rise to the surface and run riot.

Enough of them are to make it another dead end, what part of cannabis activism causes myopia because as far as I can see cannabis activism has done

sweet fuck all for over 50 years, whatever gives activists the idea that the complete bunch of utter bastards we have in power will do anything realistic

or sensible regarding drug law when they are attacking ordinary citizens because of circumstances beyond their control such as unemployment, disability

and illness, do you really believe they will cut some slack for those it regards as drug addled psychotic criminals?,

what planet do you people live on?, there are far more important issues to be addressed and cannabis is a minority interest always has been always will be,

to imagine that the government will bow to the demands of criminals is delusional in the extreme, can you name one country that has changed it's drug law

as a result of cannabis activism?, none that I can see, Einstein said to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result is the definition of insanity,

to keep doing the same thing and get no results, ever, is the definition of futility.

• Like 3

what planet do you people live on?, there are far more important issues to be addressed and cannabis is a minority interest always has been always will be,

to imagine that the government will bow to the demands of criminals is delusional in the extreme, can you name one country that has changed it's drug law

as a result of cannabis activism?, none that I can see, Einstein said to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result is the definition of insanity,

to keep doing the same thing and get no results, ever, is the definition of futility.

Apart from the massive legalisation movement in America of course ;)

• Like 5

Indeed it would.

Yes, I am wrong in that the UK Gov seems to have made certain exceptions to its opposition towards the Shengen agreement. But I am right to say that it is NOT a signatory to that Agreement, and that any Dutch person entering with Cannabis is very much an exception granted by HMG, with a load of hoops to jump through first.

I wonder if Norml will take time to publish all the conditions any Dutch patients with cannabis must conform to before entering the UK with herbal cannabis? And I hope to dear God, that no Dutch person gets arrested due to their ignorance of the hoops they need to jump through, or due to Norml's being lax in making the situation crystal clear.

Given the potential for serious trouble for any Dutch patients entering the UK with weed, I don't believe I've been at all harsh. I wish the protest well, although I disagree with much of what it is trying to accomplish. And I hope that no one gets arrested or has any legal bother.

In the absence of any reply coming from Norml-UK to your request. Maybe I can help.

For Dutch residents, read the instructions here http://www.cannabisbureau.nl/MedicinaleCannabis/Patienteninformatie/medicijnenopreis/

Then complete the form found here http://www.cannabisbureau.nl/doc/pdf/2010%20Schengen%20reisverklaring_32854.pdf

Where are these "hoops" that you speak of?

Fully understand and share your concerns Arnold Layne about the welfare of those attempting to do this.

The UK authorities may not act within the rules. Who knows?

I am sure that the Dutch residents involved in this particular protest are fully aware of all risks involved.

Good luck to them on their travels.

• Like 1

Fuck me, this is a disaster waiting to hit some poor Dutch medicinal user. I hope Norml pay their legal fees when they get busted. Poor sods. Misled by the folks they should be able to trust.

Not good, not good at all.

@@Arnold Layne

On this website you teach people to grow their herb properly. Good on you, but it is actually illegal here in the UK and most other places.

Should you or UK420 be expected to pay any legal fees if members subsequently got charged with production/cultivation of cannabis?

• Like 1