The Cream Mandarine Emergency Grow

Serpent

gallery_57657_3504_89730.jpg

.:| The Cream Mandarine Emergency Grow |:.

As I’ve been scratching my head a little with the Red Family grow I decided to crack a couple more beans to try and keep my jars stocked up just in case they don’t pull through, I’m sure they will, but better to be safe than sorry!

So for this grow, I opted for a couple of Cream Mandarine’s as even though I’ve only to date grown 1, it did deliver so thought it was a safe bet, anyway, here’s a bit of info about the strain.

CREAM MANDARINE

3rd generation Autoflowering. This is the result of the development of a very special strain from Cream Caramel Auto with very high production and pronounced sweet citric aromas of the mandarin type.

This curious and exquisite Cream Caramel Auto strain has been hybridized with an elite clone of our Ice Cool to strengthen the mandarin citric aromas. In the end of flowering many plants acquire purple and reddish tones.

Technical data:

100% Autoflowering

Indoor Yield: 400-550 gr/m2

Outdoor Yield: 45-170 gr/plant

Harvest Indoor/Outdoor: 9 weeks from germination

Height: 50-110cm

Lot: #400

Date: 21 Mar 2012

.:| The Grow |:.

This grow is pretty much identical to all my others so I won’t bore you with the details, if you need to know, just check out my other diaries, suffice to say, they’ll stay in my microbox under 24 hour light for about the first 10 days, then they’ll be potted up and put in the tent alongside the Red Family.

The only change this time is I won’t be cutting corners with the soil, Plant Magic all the way and I’ll have to get a new bag when so I know this time I’ll have enough!

.:| Germination |:.

On to the germination, after my bad run last year, I seem to be back on form again (touch wood) so why change?

So on the morning of Thurs 20th June I placed the 2 seeds into a glass of tepid water, within 12 hours they’d sunk to the bottom.

By the evening of Fri 21st June, both beans had cracked, normally I’d have left them in the water for another 12 hours or so, but I am conscious of leaving them in too long, so that night they were placed between a damp kitchen towel, put it in a sealable plastic sandwich box and placed back in the airing cupboard.

On the morning of Sat 22nd June, the tap root was now showing showing so I left them between the paper towels for a few more hours and that evening I put them in their 1st 0.5 litre pots using B&Q Cuttling & Seedling compost, covered with covered with clingfilm and placed into the mircrobox under 24 hours of light.

gallery_57657_3504_118868.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_118792.jpg

.:| Day #1 – 24 Hour Lights |:.

By Sun 23rd June, both seedlings had broken through the soil and we’re poking their heads into the clingfilm, took me a bit by surprise just how quick they were as I don’t think the Red Family were this fast, so trying not to panic I removed the clingflim and let them reach for the light and the seed shells this time around needed no human interaction as they came off themselves au natural.

Feed is just plain water and administered via a spray bottle about twice a day.

gallery_57657_3504_935.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_98141.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_61109.jpg

.:| Day #2 – 24 Hour Lights |:.

By Mon 24th June which was Day 2 both girls had stretched out their leaves with the first set of true leaves now showing and I have to say, at this delicate early stage the girls are looking healthy.

Feed is still fed via a spray bottle approx twice daily and after these photos were taken I topped the soil up a little to help give them a bit of support.

gallery_57657_3504_118257.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_32992.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_116511.jpg

.:| Day #3 – 24 Hour Lights |:.

By Tues 25th June which was Day 3, the girls were continuing to reach for the light and showing rapid growth, so far I’m really happy with how this grow is going, but there’s still plenty of time to mess it up lol

gallery_57657_3504_85831.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_13434.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_19633.jpg

.:| Day #4 – 24 Hour Lights |:.

By Weds 26th June which was Day 4 the girls continue to grow and are now showing their 2nd set of true leaves, feed is still just water but I introduced a wet/dry cycle which is now poured gently on the plants till there’s a tiny bit of run off.

gallery_57657_3504_93014.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_14183.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_1718.jpg

.:| Day #5 – 24 Hour Lights |:.

It’s now Thurs 27th June and Day 5 and other than the girls continuing to grow there isn’t much more to report, other than I’m really happy with how things are going and I’m aiming to pot up around Monday/Tuesday.

gallery_57657_3504_84254.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_78510.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_60849.jpg

So for the moment, that’s ya lot, after this initial onslaught I’m not sure how often I’ll be able to update it, but stayed tuned :hippy:

• Like 11

Cracking smoke the Madarine is Serps, enjoy them mucker. Lovely and tidy as usual in here I see. All the best with the run serps.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 3

Always great to see another serpent diary :yep:

needless to say i'll be following this one also..but i do hope the red family come good for you mate :yinyang:

crackin' pics as usual

atb :hippy:

• Like 3

Cracking smoke the Madarine is Serps, enjoy them mucker. Lovely and tidy as usual in here I see. All the best with the run serps.

Cheers

Thanks HH and she's a fine smoke indeed, only grow 1 out previously and looking forward to the results, just gotta work out how I'm gonna fit everything in the tent lol

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to post your inspirational grow diaries Serpent.

It is appreciated!

Cheers for swinging by Sp1n :yep:

Looking Sweet,

Grow Chum.

Thanks Chum :hippy:

Always great to see another serpent diary

needless to say i'll be following this one also..but i do hope the red family come good for you mate

crackin' pics as usual

atb

Hey benji, thanks for swinging by and the Red family are doing OK, diary update coming soon!

great stuff, serpent, Im about to put a few of these in, Ill be about 2 weeks behind!

Thanks inertia and good luck with your beans when you crack them :yep:

now that is just outstanding timing, mine arrived today and will be going in about 14 days time too

lol and like inertia, good luck with yours when you crack your beans :hippy:

Amazing pics!!

thanks for starting another great job, serpent

the plants are lookin sweet!

Cheers!

jaypp

Cheers jaypp and lets hope I can do them justice!

I got D/devil,R/poison & B/cream on the go, Two wks old . So this will be interesting .

Thanks Sluggers and good luck with your red family grow :yep:

Good luck with these mate

Cheers for swinging by MM :hippy:

• Like 3

.:| Day #7 – 24 Hour Lights |:.

Just a very quick update, the 2 girls are doing really well and continuing to show fast, healthy growth, I’m aiming to pick up some soil on Monday, so Monday/Tuesday they’ll be potted up and put in the tent.

Feed is still just water, no nutes or beneficials & is being poured about once a day or until the pots have dried out and here’s some pics from earlier.

gallery_57657_3504_28216.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_41291.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_81223.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_37669.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_11962.jpg

Stay Stoned :hippy:

• Like 7

.:| Cream Mandarine Day #9 – 18/6 Lights |:.

This update is for yesterday as the girls were potted up and are now sat in my tent next to the Red Family under a 250w HPS on 18/6 lights which I have to say, was a bit of a squeeze :wassnnme:

There’s also a slight deviation as I picked up a couple of 6 litre Air Pots while I was getting my soil, so both girls got put into them with some fresh Plant Magic Soil, a sprinkling of PM Granules and feed was just water with a drop of PM Bio-Silicon, about 1ml per 2 litre.

I did have a minor disaster though and something that has never happened to me, when I was repotting #2, I was just looking at the roots, not sure if I wasn’t giving it enough support, but a clump of soil along with some roots just fell away and on to the floor, gutted! It may not affect her, only time will tell so I guess we’ll see what next few weeks brings us :ninja:

Right that’s it so here’s some pics from last night :smoke:

gallery_57657_3504_89988.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_8604.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_106252.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_62158.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_14507.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_29960.jpg

Stay Stoned :hippy:

• Like 7