Silence!

Penny Arcade

My apologies dude I thought you meant the 800/200 :doh: Get what you pay for eh :yep:

Penny, Tony is spot on with the SMSCOM Mechanical, it is controlled automatically by a thermostat just like the primair or the ecotechnics but the difference is it steps up and down instead of dimming the power meaning there is no hum or buzz at all, pricy and big/heavy but it is my best groom purchase to date, and, I believe, the best controller there is, just set ya desired temp and leave it.. tn_gallery_69331_3997_304800.jpg Mines the old version cos the new "hybrid" version has a temp probe meaning you could have it outside the tent where mines fixed, also the hybrid is smaller ;)

:yinyang:

E2A: Theres a whole thread on it here fella.. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=286522&view=findpost&p=3019004

Yeap, good staff it is. I still use that crap electronic one for 40 quid, but will get hybrid one ASAP. What is the point of having quiet fan if buzzing drives you mad :taz:

The cheapest one cost £200. Next week maybe :yep:

• Like 1

For about 90 slides there's always the Airforce variac. You can always make your own for about 50. They are hard to find but if you live near London, I know a small grow shop. As long as your extraction is larger than the intake then you always get negative pressure, and can run both fans on the same variac. [As long as the usage is less than 1 amp for both]. Otherwise get the 2-3 amp variac.

This renders your fans almost silent, after a few tweaks, which would also depend on how many 1000w ballasts are operating. :yep:

SMS mechanical is the rolls royce controller. I only needed a silent fan speed control with 4" and 6" fans. Humming is a no no. :nono:

• Like 1

all sounds good m8, i was thinking similar for myself only im thinking of 8" mountain air cf,6"td fan extraction,intake 4", accoustic ducting, im only running 1 x 600w

i was thinking bout ducting from tent cut hole in ceiling have my fan in loft pushing through the cf what you think?

Go for it mate...

Same as my old setup to be honest & I cut a hole in the ceiling into the loft to extract. As for the pushing thro the filter I couldn,t say,Ive heard people do it,Ive only ever had it setup like this filter>fan>duct>attic and it worked a treat. Both extraction fan and filter where inside the tent.

Tony

Sorry for the mishap fella when taking pics,dont you go blaming me now lol

Thanks for the links,setup looks great and has gave me something to work on.

Todays research will be these fan controllers,a few has been mentioned already,so I will have a look around today,like the sound of the hybrids to be honest.

Was looking for 1k parabolics yesterday in greens,cant seem to see them anymore? Either them or the growstars (large) would be ideal.

Once again,thanks to everyone involved in pimping my new tent,much appreciated.

Penny.

• Like 1

Morning

So yesterday I had a look around at suggested fan controllers mentioned here,Ive decided on the Hybrid sms controller,either 8a or 4a,need to read up on the difference apart from the £40 odd pound in price difference,I thinks its just loads they can take,will have another read today.

So there was me thinking that was that,fans/filter/lights and a controller was job done,not so! I think I might need a contactor for either 2x600 or 2x1000 lights. Now before I only ever used a single 600hps and plugged it in manual,Ive never ever used a timer and most of these seem to have a timer attached,but if Im manually switching lights on/off theres no need for a contactor...or is there?

I only have two single bedroom sockets,one will have a 10way extension and thats fine for fans/osca fans/fan controller ect without fear of blowing a fuse,so what about the other single socket I want to use for the lights only but I dont want the timers! I understand 2x1000 lights will draw 5a each and the 2x600 will draw 3a per light,was looking at something like this>> http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/categories/Grow-Lights/Timers,-Contactors-&-Accessories/Maxiswitch-4%252dWay-Light-Controller-%2813A%29/# but again it has a timer! Any ideas folks on a contactor that will plug into ONE single socket and enable me to run both seperate sets of lights at different times without the need of a timer?

Thanks in advance.

Penny.

Guest w33jy

if money aint an option then get one as you dont want overload risk a fire the 1st thing i bought was a decent timer to run my lights heres mines can run 4 600w similar to the one in greens only mines has built in timer

gallery_32288_6211_77834.jpg

gallery_32288_6211_67306.jpg

Edited by w33jy
  • Like 2

Cheers mate

Im having a look now and can only find ones with timers on,I dont really want a timer,will unplug manually,also they all seem to require a double socket,well the heavey duty ones anyway,i want one that fits one single socket,maybe Im looking for the wrong one,but a 13a would be about right for 2x1000 or 2x600,gonna have another look just now.

Penny.

Guest w33jy

no m8i think 1000w use 4amps im not to sure them maxipros look good m8 from greens ;)

Edited by w33jy

Hi Penny

On the subject of lights... if u want the best, get a couple of Gavita Pro 1000's. Adjustable between 600 - 1150 watts and 400v, which translates into serious radiation for growth. I've got one and will upgrade to another asap. They're pricey at 450-500 depending on your shop but so controllable and plants finish quicker and tastier - and the best bit, i'm not joking or plugging anything, just a brillaint light. Sounds like you've got the rest under control mate, ATB :yinyang:

no m8i think 1000w use 4amps im not to sure them maxipros look good m8 from greens ;)

Aye they do,but its got a bloody timer on it lol

Hi Penny

On the subject of lights... if u want the best, get a couple of Gavita Pro 1000's. Adjustable between 600 - 1150 watts and 400v, which translates into serious radiation for growth. I've got one and will upgrade to another asap. They're pricey at 450-500 depending on your shop but so controllable and plants finish quicker and tastier - and the best bit, i'm not joking or plugging anything, just a brillaint light. Sounds like you've got the rest under control mate, ATB :yinyang:

Hello,

Im pretty happy with my choise of lights (parabolic shade 100 ) I did say money wasn,t an option earlier on but I dont think the wife would be happy with me if I asked for x2 of them,they do look nice tho,like the idea of turning them up and down.Maybe in the future eh,who knows!

Cheers folks.

Penny.

Could you not put a two way extension into your single spare socket then plug your double plug contactor into that extension Penny?

Ck

In all honesty..I dont know mate,most probally tho! Electrics just aint my thing,they scare me to be honest. :unsure:

Before I thought about an upgrade it was so much easier,1x600 plugged into the socket and that was that,none of this contactor buisness.

I was even thinking off just phoning an electrician and getting another socket fited,seems the easiest way..well to me lol

Cheers mate.

Penny.

• 2 months later...

If manually switching on/off there is absolutely no need for a contactor/relay. The contactor is there so that the startup current on the ballast doesn't fry the timer. Or even the running current with the type of lighting you will employ.

cheers

Hm