Silence!

Penny Arcade

Aye,unlike Mr oneil haha,never seen that coming..did you?

Fuck no, bit gutted but what can ya do eh, squeaky bum time, maybe the crazy Italian can do a job, we'll see :russian:

Do have a look at the Etalines fella, love mine, it's quiet as a mouse, got it from "justfans"

atb :yinyang:

Just had a look on justfans,

Whipped this straight off their site:

ETALine is a completely new developed fan series with a lot of aerodynamic constructional features applied for the first time in the ventilator industry.

Outstanding qualities are the compactness and the extremely high efficiency which is more than 50% above other duct fan constructions.

Due to the high aerodynamic efficiency ETALine is also extremely quiet.

ETALine with its economical alternating current (AC) motors exceeds the efficiency of conventional fans with three-phase alternating current.

The results represent a milestone in the history of the ventilation industry. A leap in technological innovation of this kind, particularly in terms of efficiency, is unparalleled in fan manufacturing.

The facts speak for themselves, 50% increase in fan efficiency. Power consumption down by 30%. Caring for the environment. Reducing budgeting costs. Around 70 to 90% of the total costs of an installed fan is down to electricity charges. These will be cut by 30% with Etaline!

* 230 Volts

* 50 Hz

* 38dB(A) Breakout noise

* 100 Watts

* 920m³/h

* Ø 200 mm

These fans are the lastest technological breakthrough in terms of efficiency and power.

Heres mine with the Rhino, hope you got someone to help ya put it up :sweaty:

tn_gallery_69331_3997_49857.jpg

:yinyang: :yinyang:

• Like 1

6" TD with 8" filter. 1m tent and it was on a controller on the lowest setting still insane negative pressure, if i was u id go 10" TD for a 2.4m? others may know i never seen that size tent to be honest.

but they do work and quiet they are! airflow and carbon filter sucking was the loudest and also the air circulation fan.

Acoustic duct works well with the airflow noise also

+1

I am using TD 1000/200 Silent-T, manufacturer claims it can pull 1100m3/h at full speed. Right now along with electronic controller, so humming is an issue. Will get hybrid one some time this month. 2.4x2x2m tent. Anyway. Fan itself is unbelievably quiet, even running at full speed. I only use 2x600W and have controller set to about a third. Does the job and at this speed you cant hear it working. Air flow noise is a different story though. I use silencer along extraction line but think acoustic duct would be better option if I ever needed this fan to run at full speed. Was a good buy, defo. Peace.

• Like 1

Just had a look on justfans,

Whipped this straight off their site:

ETALine is a completely new developed fan series with a lot of aerodynamic constructional features applied for the first time in the ventilator industry.

Outstanding qualities are the compactness and the extremely high efficiency which is more than 50% above other duct fan constructions.

Due to the high aerodynamic efficiency ETALine is also extremely quiet.

ETALine with its economical alternating current (AC) motors exceeds the efficiency of conventional fans with three-phase alternating current.

The results represent a milestone in the history of the ventilation industry. A leap in technological innovation of this kind, particularly in terms of efficiency, is unparalleled in fan manufacturing.

The facts speak for themselves, 50% increase in fan efficiency. Power consumption down by 30%. Caring for the environment. Reducing budgeting costs. Around 70 to 90% of the total costs of an installed fan is down to electricity charges. These will be cut by 30% with Etaline!

* 230 Volts

* 50 Hz

* 38dB(A) Breakout noise

* 100 Watts

* 920m³/h

* Ø 200 mm

These fans are the lastest technological breakthrough in terms of efficiency and power.

Heres mine with the Rhino, hope you got someone to help ya put it up :sweaty:

tn_gallery_69331_3997_49857.jpg

:yinyang: :yinyang:

Well, much less power than TD Silent line, but still noisy, 38dB is a lot when compared to 21dB

JustFans, hehe, one of my favourite shoping sites, ATB

Edited by werby
  • Like 1

Well, much less power than TD Silent line, but still noisy, 38dB is a lot when compared to 21dB

JustFans, hehe, one of my favourite shoping sites, ATB

WRONG.. TD silent 800/200mm shifts 880m3/hr, which is less than the Etaline, 38dB is not "noisy" mate, I can't hear it over my oscilating fan and as said, the rush of air is more of a concern than the actual noise of the fan.

Etaline is German "Ruck" engineered and costs £99 compared to the £172 TD :eek:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hiya Penny

I'm running an 8" acoustic extract through a 1 metre 8" mountain air filter with acoustic ducting - it's pretty damn silent at 40% but at 70% + there is 'whooshing'. I have an ecotechnics controller too.

I ran this all last year summer included up to 2k lights temps did touch 31 degrees at times but no problem really, with the extra extraction they handle the heat just fine. This winter my temps have been 27.3-27.7 lights on runnin 2k watts.

Don't forget to set your controller so it's 'heater on / extract fan on' as default is 'heater on/extract off' which can lead to smell issues :yinyang:

• Like 1

Morning all

Thanks very much to you all for your input sofar,theres some interesting reading ahead for me today,will have a proper look at these Etalines today Ck sounds like its doing its job for you fella,I will also have a more in depth read and search on the td silents,I know they are almost twice the price,but like Ive mentioned,money aint a problem (she,s paying) My main concern is the NOISE.

Carpodiem

That setup sounds very interesting indeed mate,pleased to hear its as quiet as,theres no rush really,just planning it all at the mo,Ive read a good few reviews on the td,s mate and 90% of them sound what Im looking for. A good friend has one of them ecotechnics that Im welcome to have,looks abit too technical for me tho,gues once its installed I,ll get used to it tho. Before I used a primair on my rucks and that was simple enough,anyone run a primair on the td silents please chip in.

Did I read that an old 6" ruck db was 46? And from reading here the Etalines are 38db and the td,s are 21db?..now if thats true thats a vast amount of noise reduction before i plug them in lol

Werby

Thanks for your input fella,running at a 3rd with 2x600 sounds really nice,Im really thinking the td silents could be what Im after,my daughters room one side and the neighbours the other side is why pluss my sleeping meens this time around it must be as quiet as possible. Thanks again fella.

Mr Cooper

Long time mate eh! Hows things with you fella? Hope your well buddy.

55 :)

Penny.

I looked at a good few fans and none come even close to the db levels of the td silent range, probably why they can charge so much :)

these are apparently db level equivalents, in case it's useful:

80 Vacuum cleaner at 1 m (3 ft), curbside of busy street, PLVI of city 

70 Busy traffic at 5 m (16 ft) 

60 Office or restaurant inside 

50 Quiet restaurant inside 

40 Residential area at night 

30 Theatre, no talking 

20 Whispering 

10 Human breathing at 3 m (10 ft) 

0 Threshold of human hearing (with healthy ears); sound of a mosquito flying 3 m (10 ft) away

• Like 1

Dewder

Thanks for that mate,anything between 0-20 on that chart would be ideal huh! Been having a look today at my options & heres what I think I will opt for:

Etaline 200mm shifting 920m3 / hour @ 38 db nice price but been put off slightly,on greens the 250mm rhino pro filter dont fit with Etaline 8" fans.

For intake Im going for a td silent 350/125mm (5") 380 m3/hour 20db

For extraction Im going for the td silent 1000/200 (8") 1100 m3/hour 21db Both fans will be on a ecotechnics controller too. Maybe wrap the intake fan in a space blanket aswell.

Filter= 10" rhino pro with 8" reducer + accoustic duct.

Hows that sound folks..on the right track?

Hopefully thats the fans/filter sorted,now if you dont mind,the lights?

Im wanting to run x2 600 from may till oct,then run x2 1k till may,would prefare the 100mm parabolics again.

Is there a dual spectrum that will take both these bulbs or do i need 2 sets of lamps & just change when I want?

Thanks in advance folks.

Penny.

• Like 1

Guest w33jy

all sounds good m8, i was thinking similar for myself only im thinking of 8" mountain air cf,6"td fan extraction,intake 4", accoustic ducting, im only running 1 x 600w

i was thinking bout ducting from tent cut hole in ceiling have my fan in loft pushing through the cf what you think?

Penny I think you will NEED the parabolics with that much room, lucky fecker lol

Ya gonna get dimmable ballasts? I'm no expert on this but maybe you can put a 1kw bulb on a 1kw dimmable ballast and turn it down to 600 in the winter that would be ideal but maybe you will need a seperate 600 bulb for when you do turn the ballast down?

Sure someone will know.

Didn't realise you were after the LARGE 8" TD.. ya certainly not gonna have air exchange problems with that bad boy lol

It will create it's own black hole when it comes on full whack :taz:lol

atb :yinyang:

• Like 1

WRONG.. TD silent 800/200mm shifts 880m3/hr, which is less than the Etaline, 38dB is not "noisy" mate, I can't hear it over my oscilating fan and as said, the rush of air is more of a concern than the actual noise of the fan.

Etaline is German "Ruck" engineered and costs £99 compared to the £172 TD :eek:

Cheers.

TD 1000/200 shifts 1100m3/h not 800. 21dB at full load. Whisper. I use old TT double speed fan in my veg room rated at 38dB, so I can tell the difference between 21dB and 38dB. Guess you would have to compare it yourself to believe it, but if you are OK with 38dB, that is fine. Like I said, I still use old fan in my veg room and dont mind the little noise. I prefer TD Silent cos all the competitors were too noisy for the amount of air I need to shift. Peace.

• Like 1

lol

Cheers Tony & goodluck with the betting :)

Any pics of your setup chief? Just wanna see what Im up against with this new setup,my bedrooms only 10 feet wide so im gonna be left with around 2 feet and Im a fat fooker,this could get messy hahaha.

Be lucky.

Penny.

Hi mate

Tried getting some pics to night but had a nightmare, snapped the main stem of one of my girls :doh:

Anyway, here's a few pics from a recent diary, Click

Few more Click

Filter and reducer

Hope this helps, you know where I am if you need any more info :yinyang:

E2a: be cautious of the Ecotechnics controller, it will cause humming at certain speeds and they are a bit awkward lol ideally I'd like to get a mechanical SMS, TheSaint has one and swears by them

Edited by Tony Montana
  • Like 1

TD 1000/200 shifts 1100m3/h not 800. 21dB at full load. Whisper. I use old TT double speed fan in my veg room rated at 38dB, so I can tell the difference between 21dB and 38dB. Guess you would have to compare it yourself to believe it, but if you are OK with 38dB, that is fine. Like I said, I still use old fan in my veg room and dont mind the little noise. I prefer TD Silent cos all the competitors were too noisy for the amount of air I need to shift. Peace.

My apologies dude I thought you meant the 800/200 :doh: Get what you pay for eh :yep:

Penny, Tony is spot on with the SMSCOM Mechanical, it is controlled automatically by a thermostat just like the primair or the ecotechnics but the difference is it steps up and down instead of dimming the power meaning there is no hum or buzz at all, pricy and big/heavy but it is my best groom purchase to date, and, I believe, the best controller there is, just set ya desired temp and leave it.. tn_gallery_69331_3997_304800.jpg Mines the old version cos the new "hybrid" version has a temp probe meaning you could have it outside the tent where mines fixed, also the hybrid is smaller ;)

:yinyang:

E2A: Theres a whole thread on it here fella.. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=286522&view=findpost&p=3019004

Edited by CK.
  • Like 3