Cream of the Crop - November 2012

Joolz

647 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tough call

I'm drooling over both the extract pictures.

Ed's looks like a Golden Honey coated one of them chocolate crisps you can buy.

and couchlocks bubble looks toooo moist it's literally making my mouth water :wallbash:

But had to go with my first love which is oil :wub:

don't be daft about swopping them out I think the "all plants grown outside"

may have been left over from last months purple maroc? special maybe.

one of The best oil shots I've seen mate.

cheers for the nomination and votes fellas

:skin_up:

• Like 1

I'm a sucker for anything purple and wouldn't normally vote for oil or hashish, but Couchslouch has won me over big time!!! Well done everyone :hippy:

How many of this months entries were grown outdoors? At least one looks like its an tent.

Why do you keep claiming this is an outdoor competition? That was last month! :doh:

• Like 1

Brilliant selection this month, love the tidyness of them all & all the colours, makes the homepage look great!

For me it has to be that big fluffy cloud looking Purple wreck bud, i can imagine being small and rolling around on that purply comfyness, smoking bits as i go...

Couchslouch was a close 2nd with that lovely looking hash :guitar:

TS :yinyang:

so are you saying the pics get altered?to an acquired taste ?or just a software issue :rofl: sensi

It's a software setting... I believe this months may have been done on a different pc/person??

My picture is slightly different to the original too. The CotC one has whiter pistils.

:yinyang:

For members that have followed cotc since it started in 03, part of intro used to say:-

The pictures have had the gamma reset between the optimum for macs and pc’s and been re-sized down to a max of 700 pixels wide so you can see them without blowing out the form to much. There is a link to each growers thread below their picture if you want to look in more detail.

Apart from the maximum size limit of 700 pixels which we no longer have, what is involved is to correct all pictures to the best view between how they look on a mac, pc or linux system, each of which represent pictures viewed on the web in a slightly different way, this gives every one looking and judging no matter what system as near as possible equal view, the pictures are water marked and reprocessed for progressive loading, this takes the load of of our server and makes downloading for people on slow connections much faster.

We try and make the best all round experience for all our members no matter what computer system they are using, for anyone who does not like how the processed picture looks to them, all you have to do is say I think my original picture looks better and post a link to the original in your gallery, we did used to add a link, but it is to much work arranging cotc every month as it is, so we dropped it.

Every one involved spend hours if not days every month, from the mod team searching out what they feel are the best pictures, reducing them down to the best nine to me editing and Joolz doing the html and publishing the topic.

We all do this work on a voluntary bases, it is not encouraging to continue doing all this work when we get flack for making the effort to to organise cotc every month, we have had a couple of members leave in a hissy fit and have their account deleted because their picture that they thought was the dogs best bits was not nominated, the other usual petulant comment we get from a member who has had a picture nominated, is posting saying I’ve uploaded much better, pictures than that, why weren't they considered. As it happens they often may have been, sometimes several pictures are nominated from the same member, its our mod team that reduce to the best one in the teams opinion for editing and final entry.

The way I see it hundreds and hundreds of pictures are viewed every month by our mod team, if picked for the final nine, you have a one in nine chance of winning a pack of beans, cotc is a something for members to take part in every month, we have had a lot of feedback from members saying that they look forward to it and its the highlight of the month for them, its the members who decide the picture they like best at the end of the day.

• Like 10