GuanoKalong Product Range

KTF

I too use the Guanokalong grow and bloom. Not flowering yet, but there is a noticeable difference in the green lushness at the top of the plant. I'm interested in their optional 'taste improver' product. 10ml/l at every watering? must be cheap, but what is in this 'improver'?

:yinyang:

Hi Slippy

May I ask what soil you are using with the a&b? as I'm pretty sure it's designed to be used with there complete mix soil or soil that has guano mixed in. If you check on the bottle you will see the missing P value which is provided via the guano.

I too have seen an overall improvement and that's saying something after using plant magics old timer nutrients. Everything just appears to be healthier. Better roots, lushness & growth.

After a long conversation with Egbert in hollond (owner of GuanoKalong) I discovered that the extract/taste improver is basically a bat tea. You can use this in veg also. You add it to the normal feed once a week @ a rate of 10-30ml per liter in bloom or 10-20ml for veg.

So far I'm very please with the current progress and can see me dropping the OT line for sure.

Edited by KTF

Guest Kawasaki Ninja

Dunno if its relevant..but i am using their soil. Found out the hard way that its loaded with nutrients. It needs no feed till flower.ni am at day 11 of flower andnhave fed nothing..and they grew 30cm in ten days of 12/12. Just thought id add that.

• Like 1

Dunno if its relevant..but i am using their soil. Found out the hard way that its loaded with nutrients. It needs no feed till flower.ni am at day 11 of flower andnhave fed nothing..and they grew 30cm in ten days of 12/12. Just thought id add that.

Thanks for the input buddy :skin_up:

Yeah there soil is loaded up with sea weed powder, palm tree ashes, cotton seed powder, fish powder and volcanic loam all from GK Organics.

What nutrients you planning on topping them up with? If you can mate go with there own range.

My soil is Plagron All Mix. Not very impressed, but I think my cheap seedling mix is mostly to blame. I'll pick up some Guanokalong compost next visit. If they don't stock it, I'll get some of this taste improver and or guano powder for mixing into the Plagron.

The only reason I didn't choose Plant Magic, is that the guy said it wasn't organic. Organic stuff is a good buffer for noob mistakes :wassnnme:

• Like 1

Guest Kawasaki Ninja

Thanks for the input buddy :skin_up:

Yeah there soil is loaded up with sea weed powder, palm tree ashes, cotton seed powder, fish powder and volcanic loam all from GK Organics.

What nutrients you planning on topping them up with? If you can mate go with there own range.

Was told to wait till leaves turn a paler green then add some canna floures? might just stick to guanokalong if they stock it.

My soil is Plagron All Mix. Not very impressed, but I think my cheap seedling mix is mostly to blame. I'll pick up some Guanokalong compost next visit. If they don't stock it, I'll get some of this taste improver and or guano powder for mixing into the Plagron.

The only reason I didn't choose Plant Magic, is that the guy said it wasn't organic. Organic stuff is a good buffer for noob mistakes :wassnnme:

Your gonna need something to add that p value slippy or your going to get problems down the road. I would try adding the bat powder as a top dress a few days before you go into flower. I must admit I've never tried the plagron but heard there batmix is good.

I pretty sure its just the Fytocell that stops plant magic being able to labeled there soil organic but I have used pm soil for the past 2 years and had excellent results. I've still got a few bags of pm soil lying in the garage so I'm going to be testing that mixed with the bat powder at some stage.

Was told to wait till leaves turn a paler green then add some canna floures? might just stick to guanokalong if they stock it.

Don't use the canna mate its not organic you will mess up the soil. Go with the GuanoKalong nutrient as its been designed to work with the soil.

I wouldn't listen to that advice mate. I would try them at a very light dose of grow a week before you flip the switch to 12/12 and see how they get on. You want to keep as much green in them as possible so they retain there green/lushness in flower.

Edited by KTF

Surely the the bloom has enough P to satisfy the plants needs? I assumed the bloom had bat poo inside?

I find that annoying. if you need to buy 3 products. I might return to Bio Bizz, or try coco and non organic nutes for a try..

Surely the the bloom has enough P to satisfy the plants needs? I assumed the bloom had bat poo inside?

I find that annoying. if you need to buy 3 products. I might return to Bio Bizz, or try coco and non organic nutes for a try..

Unfortunately Slip it doesn't have any. Here are the values for grow NK 3.6 and the values for bloom NK 2.5-6. All p values come from the bat powder. on the plus side you don't need anything else.

Who ever advised you in buying this nutrient should have told you this.

• 9 years later...

This is a excellent thread .

Looks like quite a few peeps we're using the guanokalong soil back then . 

I wonder how many still use it today in 2022 . 

I'm planning on using Guanokalong complete soil on my following run .