GuanoKalong Product Range

KTF

Thanks for the feedback Big much appreciated :yep:

I'm currently holding back on the purchase until I get a reply confirming that its been ethically sourced. I cant buy any guano products knowing full well what damage these bastards are doing in the sake of money/profits.

It does sound like a good product though. If your using non organic ph down its gonna start playing with the micro heard and that's a big no no. How are you lowering your ph?

Using citric acid dude, its 100% organic but iv found it a pain in the ass to get the ph right because the taste improver you use with the guanokalong range seems to buffer the ph a fair bit! My friend who uses GK says he just puts a capfull (or was it 1 ml :unsure: ) of citric acid in for every 6 litres of water and his plants are always real healthy so i might just try the less scientific approach :smokin:

What does PFNC stand for? Seen you use it a could of times now.

There's a link in my sig, its the blue one right at the bottom of all my posts ;)

Or you can Click me! :)

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well got a reply back from GuanoKalong.

They state its ethically sourced from Indonesia so I've decided to give the full line up a run on the next grow.

My next grow should be up and running by the 1st week of Jan so will run a diary to document the outcome.

Its ok stuff but a nice compost tea made with wormcastings, molasses and or comfry is just as good imo.

I've done comparison grows and I wont use the Bat Guano again.

The worm casts and molasses produce a tasty bud mate.

:spliff:

• Like 2

Its ok stuff but a nice compost tea made with wormcastings, molasses and or comfry is just as good imo.

I've done comparison grows and I wont use the Bat Guano again.

The worm casts and molasses produce a tasty bud mate.

:spliff:

Most of the products I'm currently using are molasses based and as I'm already growing using organic nutrients I never get a problem with the quality/taste/yield of my herb.

The reason for the interest in the GuanoKalong nutrients is that I'm looking to simplify my current schedule without sacrificing quality and yield.

Can I ask what products out of the range did you use?

The reason for the interest in the GuanoKalong nutrients is that I'm looking to simplify my current schedule without sacrificing quality and yield.

Maybe try some of Sannies "Complete Organics"(2-5-3), I've not used it but might be worth a try mixed in PMs Soil Supreme!

"Guanokalong powder is mixed in combination with GK-Organics products like: sea weed powder, palm tree ashes, cotton seed powder, fish powder and volcanic loam. This unique mix of products represents a full bodied pure organic NPK value with loads of trace elements."

I'm considering doing this with a Blumats watering system. Pot up week before flower and supplement with OT Bloom (by hand) at end of flower if needed.

Maybe use an airpot to.

:yinyang:

Edited by -=DrGreenThumb=-

Maybe try some of Sannies "Complete Organics"(2-5-3), I've not used it but might be worth a try mixed in PMs Soil Supreme!

"Guanokalong powder is mixed in combination with GK-Organics products like: sea weed powder, palm tree ashes, cotton seed powder, fish powder and volcanic loam. This unique mix of products represents a full bodied pure organic NPK value with loads of trace elements."

I'm considering doing this with a Blumats watering system. Pot up week before flower and supplement with OT Bloom (by hand) at end of flower if needed.

Maybe use an airpot to.

That's what got me looking into GuanoKalong in the first place as I was thinking about changing my soil to a batmix kind. Following that I then wanting to test the line up as it seems to tick all the boxes.

Would be interesting to see the powder and the GK complete mixed in with the pm supreme.

Edited by KTF

Well got a reply back from GuanoKalong.

They state its ethically sourced from Indonesia so I've decided to give the full line up a run on the next grow.

What else did you think they might say?

:unsure:

• Like 1

Well they stated it's sourced from uninhabited caves and old farm houses in Indonesia so that was good enough for me Arnold :P

Edited by KTF

I think you've missed my point ~ what else would they say? "Our actions kill bat environments"?

I am not saying they are bad 'uns, just that I don't know. I would require external, independent verification before I used their stuff.

Hope it works well for you, and you get a fine crop.

I think you've missed my point ~ what else would they say? "Our actions kill bat environments"?

I am not saying they are bad 'uns, just that I don't know. I would require external, independent verification before I used their stuff.

Hope it works well for you, and you get a fine crop.

I know what angle your coming from Arnold but I'm sure there's still good people left in this world were money isn't there top priority.

There's only so far we can go in trying to do the right thing as our mere existence on this planet impacts every creature living on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Took delivery of the GuanoKalong range on the 21st Nov and have currently 4 different pheno's of killer skunk & blues sitting in there dirt.

All I can say is WOW! I re potted the 4 pheno's on the 22nd Nov into 11 ltr pots and today have seen the thickest whitest roots in all my years of growing. All 4 plants look fantastic with lush growth and I haven't even had to use a single drop of nurient of any kind.

Normally I would use Bio Rhizotonic and PM granules to get the root system established but the performance from this soil is nothing short of AMAZING! If current progress is anything to go by I'll be ditching my current nutes (plant magic, Canna & Humboldt nutrients) and sticking with this.

I will get some pics up at some stage and will be doing a diary to document the outcome.

• Like 1

I too use the Guanokalong grow and bloom. Not flowering yet, but there is a noticeable difference in the green lushness at the top of the plant. I'm interested in their optional 'taste improver' product. 10ml/l at every watering? must be cheap, but what is in this 'improver'?

• Like 1