GuanoKalong Product Range

KTF

Thinking about giving there whole line up a try. Anyone thinking about doing the same or has done so? Be good to hear some feedback.

Link to there site ht tp://www.guanokalong.nl/guanokalong-iconen

Edited by distracted

I've used them in the past for outdoor grows and can't say anything bad about them (large buds and nice flavor). I only used their grow and bloom, though. I might also trial their range once i've got my indoor set up running again. One can certainly not complain about their price. But i would like to know how sustainable/environmentaly friendly their collection of Bat guano is! Since i used their products in 2010, I've heard that the guano collection can have adverse effect on the bat population and its natural habitat... Just something to think about - not saying that kalong are doing it wrong, but might be worth investigating before use.

AT :oldtoker:

• Like 4

I've used them in the past for outdoor grows and can't say anything bad about them (large buds and nice flavor). I only used their grow and bloom, though. I might also trial their range once i've got my indoor set up running again. One can certainly not complain about their price. But i would like to know how sustainable/environmentaly friendly their collection of Bat guano is! Since i used their products in 2010, I've heard that the guano collection can have adverse effect on the bat population and its natural habitat... Just something to think about - not saying that kalong are doing it wrong, but might be worth investigating before use.

AT :oldtoker:

Thanks AT

Interesting, I never thought that there could be a downside to using guano but you have opened my eyes on the matter. I might try to contact the company direct and ask.

There's been some good feedback online regarding there liquid extract taste improver but non of the other range.

From the description the soil sounds good.

Edited by distracted

Hi KTF a couple of my friends use guanokalong soil, grow, bloom and taste improver and get good results, real healthy plants and the smoothest smoke iv tried so im giving it a try on 4 purple kush iv got going at the mo and they do love it! Fanatstic veg growth, lovely deep green and strong branches. You have to PH adjust your water in flower though because as i understand it most of the phosphorus is in the soil and it only gets released when your ph is 5.8

Like AT says though the main concern is the guano source, think id have to be convinced it was responsibly sourced to use a lot of it on every grow :hippy:

• Like 1

I never have, and never will use bat guano.

Its hardly organic to go raiding delicate ecologies for your profit margins.

PFNC Computer ~ it say "No!"

• Like 2

Also i have noticed in the past with felliw growers in my community bat guano can change the taate of the pkant quite dramaricly . Am i right in thinking bat guano is a very skow releasing fert prodiminantly used for tge outdoor long season ?

A friend was using said products in a more commercial set up where he was using outdoor methods inside , i wouldnt use it but if you do a diary would be good to see the results :yep:

• Like 1

Hi KTF a couple of my friends use guanokalong soil, grow, bloom and taste improver and get good results, real healthy plants and the smoothest smoke iv tried so im giving it a try on 4 purple kush iv got going at the mo and they do love it! Fanatstic veg growth, lovely deep green and strong branches. You have to PH adjust your water in flower though because as i understand it most of the phosphorus is in the soil and it only gets released when your ph is 5.8

Like AT says though the main concern is the guano source, think id have to be convinced it was responsibly sourced to use a lot of it on every grow :hippy:

Thanks for the feedback Big much appreciated :yep:

I'm currently holding back on the purchase until I get a reply confirming that its been ethically sourced. I cant buy any guano products knowing full well what damage these bastards are doing in the sake of money/profits.

It does sound like a good product though. If your using non organic ph down its gonna start playing with the micro heard and that's a big no no. How are you lowering your ph?

Indeed Arnold 100% agree with you. I'm currently waiting for a reply but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Also i have noticed in the past with felliw growers in my community bat guano can change the taate of the pkant quite dramaricly . Am i right in thinking bat guano is a very skow releasing fert prodiminantly used for tge outdoor long season ?

A friend was using said products in a more commercial set up where he was using outdoor methods inside , i wouldnt use it but if you do a diary would be good to see the results :yep:

Thanks for the input G

I've heard this also. After doing a bit more research online I think this happens if you use it to heavy very similar in affect like molasses.

At the moment I've got a tent full of killer & Blues :B): so if all goes well with the reply I will start a diary with the full range and compare it with my current organic line up of plant magic OT and there soil supreme + granules. I do add a couple other products but I've been using this concoction for nearly 2 years now and reckon its gonna be hard to beat.

Edited by KTF

No problems with using peat from peat bogs though Arnie?

No problems with using peat from peat bogs though Arnie?

Au contraire, mon ami! Major problems!

Peat content bugs me considerably, and I do try and look for the lowest peat content I can. But as I'm sure you know, its very hard finding lo - no peat content in composts. I've settled on JAB+JI, which is by no means the lowest peat content compost, but one also has to look for a compost that works, and the peat free items I've tried most certainly did Not!

I have found Levingtons to work very well with cannabis.... BUT, the makers (Scotts) have a very bad rep when it comes to peat mining, and have been found wanting in sound ethical management of the bogs. Therefore I gave up on using that compost.

If I could find a good peat free compost that works as well as JAB+JI, I'd change immediately.

Just found this description of JAB+JI, on the website of Sinclair (the makers of JAB+JI), I don't recall seeing it before and wonder if this is a new departure? I know they've changed the mix, there's much less Perlite these days:

JAB is a

Reduced peat compost containing all essential plant nutrients plus trace elements and a wetting agent.

I'm with you on that and sorry if my post seemed a little abrupt, it was not supposed to. More an attempt to highlight this issue with those people that may not have thought of it. I agree finding a suitable peat free alternative is nigh on impossible, the last lot of peat free I tried (for bedding plants) was atrocious but it was not a 'named' brand just a cheapy from the local discount warehouse. Have you tried the New Horizon's one at all?

• Like 1

I'm with you on that and sorry if my post seemed a little abrupt, it was not supposed to. More an attempt to highlight this issue with those people that may not have thought of it. I agree finding a suitable peat free alternative is nigh on impossible, the last lot of peat free I tried (for bedding plants) was atrocious but it was not a 'named' brand just a cheapy from the local discount warehouse. Have you tried the New Horizon's one at all?

Got to admit Mephitis I've never even consider peat either :headpain: