Micro Stealth Cab

Evelyn Pickaxe

Thanks very much for all the kind words. Its certainly worth it imo. I just dont know how people pull off pc casegrows seriously its a skill balancing all the variables on such a small scale. Does your head in! Looking forward to being able to pop things into a grow tent like putting ur pants on :P

I got a pic at 46 days to go up but its not really worth it. I'll put an 8 week shot up and one just before I have her at 9.

Fingers crossed I hit 56 grams other wise -> :schmoll:

Painful this is I gotta get christmas lot underway soon as this is done. No time to build that inline mini heater to put on the intake for winter temps.(consisting of a lightbulb in a biscuit tin) Ill have to just put lights on 24 and run with shitty autos for christmas smoke.

So unless someone wants to come up with a way to heat the cab Im doing autos for christmas. The rootzones sorted with a heat mat its just canopy temps dropping to 8 which is a problem!

• Like 1

i wouldnt try the old lightbulb in a biscuit tin method, too dodgy for my liking but this might be a good idea,

could you make a small enclosed stand for the cabinet to sit on & put a 1ft tube heater under the cabinet.

Edited by Joint hogger

I hear you. Sadly no more room for a stand. A tube heater might be able to be fixed to the outside of the cab. Problem is the room that the intake is drawn from is poorly insulated and gets to 7 or 8 on some winter mornings. The heat mat beneath the container does a pretty good job of keeping the lower part of the cab warm but its the ambient air temperature i need to raise which can only really be done by warming the air as it comes into the cab.

Biscut tins and cracker boxes are a running theme in this grow as a biccy tin lid has been used in the carbon filter too lol not that I'm determined to keep this up I do need some something fire proof.

If the ducting running to and out of the inline heater is aluminium I dont see it being any more of a hazard as the cab itself. I could also position the inline pixie filter withing range of the external auto extinguisher.

Instead of a light bulb I could experiment with ceramic heat lamps. The smallest I can find so far is a 40 watt which could be overkill or shyte. I'll have to experiement. The cold mornings are already happening so I better get a riggle on. I really do not want to grow autos.

Here is a very crude drawing on paint to try and get some ideas flowing. I'm going to have a lil fiddlle over the next few days and see what I can come up with.

I would probably have to have it running on a timer and have it switch on 30 mins after lights off and turn off as they come on again, rather than bugger about with thermostat control.

med_gallery_24037_4662_33317.jpg

• Like 1

8 Weeks and 2 days

med_gallery_24037_4662_269494.jpg

Its coming down at 9 weeks I'm not having any messing about I need to get the next one started.

• Like 2

this is a great diary, how well does your diy filter work and how often do you replace the carbon also what wattage are you using right now? Thanks.

The DIY filter works perfectly. Fully trained stoners cannot detect the smell of herb from it. Compare that to during the first grow with no filter. You could smell it about 300 meters away :wassnnme:

Its by no means efficient cost wise mind tho mate very expensive to top up, it takes nearly a kilo of fluval fish tank carbon granules.

My cab is in a bathroom so it has to deal with the steam from the shower about 2 meters away and that takes months of the carbon filters life span so knowing that I like a regular change just to ensure I keep the stealth.

Main right rail consists of 135 Watts cfl and I have included two positionable 20watt cfls at the front, will bang a pic up in a bit when lights come on so in total 175 watts.

• Like 1

Plant is 31 cm tall and 35 cm wide. 175 watts of cfl Come on 56 grams! :unsure: Who wants to have a few guesses

med_gallery_24037_4662_71752.jpg

Here's a nice moody shot of it inside. This is like a dolls house grow seriously! Daddy long legs flew in there last night, still not happy about that.

med_gallery_24037_4662_114158.jpg

• Like 8