Micro Stealth Cab

Evelyn Pickaxe

The Pixies Lot

I thought I'd share my lil stealth cab. I'm currently on my thrid run with this set up. Lighting is 135 watts of cfl made up of 3 x 45watt cflb bulbs. With an additional 60 watts that can be added during flower to boost to 200 watts. Growing on a micro scale is a pain. Its fiddly, expensive and does not produce nearly enough, however if you love growing and you dont have the space and you dont mind fiddlin about for hours on end then its a good way to keep skills up.

med_gallery_24037_4662_17846.jpg

My growing container is a jacobs cracker box, exactly 1 gallon. I use a mixture of composts, westlands multi and westlands multi with john innes. I use PM Veg PM root stim and PM bloom.

med_gallery_24037_4662_33454.jpg

The extraction is housed in a little extra box thats been tacked on the side of the main box, it consists of 7 120mm pc fans aluminium taped togther which pulls air through two passive intakes at the bottom and then through a home made carbon filter. The filter cost the same to build as it would of done to buy a pre made one :headpain: However at least by making it myself Its totally customized for the space im working with.

med_gallery_24037_4662_82091.jpg

med_gallery_24037_4662_137922.jpg

Jiffa this is not a wank rag, its a single square of toilet roll, I dont think it would be very accomodating. lol

To make the light rail I scavenged a length of this cable boxing and screwed two lengths of it either side of my cab. I screwed a length of the box section to both walls of my cab. Then the lid that your meant to snap on the cover made two little sliders that went either side of my light rail, I'll pop a picture up cos its a reet handy way of having moveable lights on such a small scale.

med_gallery_24037_4662_136266.jpg

Im paranoid about fire so I have a 2kilo auto fire extinguisher places above my electrics and another 1 kilo auto matic fixed to the ceiling of the cab, the temperature bulb sits just above the light rail, I dont have a photo of the one inside yet I'll take one and pop it up. Here is my external auto extinguisher.

med_gallery_24037_4662_27522.jpg

Here is a side view, that passive you see at the bottom has black foam covering it as a dust filter.

med_gallery_24037_4662_106374.jpg

This is my third run with this set up, here are pictures of my last two crops. 1st photo is Advanced Female Seeds - Knockout deff the most potant indica I've tried to date. Yield = 33grams (not V good)

med_gallery_24037_4662_290966.jpg

Second grow, Barneys Farm LSD went to 11 weeks was still not done! yielded an ounce and a half.

med_gallery_24037_4662_47564.jpg

For my third time round I'm using knockout seed again cos it was so impressive here she is at 9 days old.....

med_gallery_24037_4662_81980.jpg

This is where I'm at so far, 6 days into flower. You'll notice the first pic of the knockout only had 10 colas, with heavy topping and a 6 week veg this Knockout has over 20 available flower tops and I'm pretty confident I'm going to be able to pull over 2 oz this time. It's hard work being this bigtime lol

med_gallery_24037_4662_178361.jpg

Who knows what will happen to this grow cos I was a dozy cunt tother night and forgot to wash my hands after removing botrytis infected buds from an outdoor auto harvest I then fingered my new girl all over her nodes and have probably just deposited a huge number of spores during the first week of flower.... I had a right go at my self. Fingers crossed the plants healthy enough to combat any infections, I'll have to keep an even closer eye on humidity now!

I'll add updates like a mini diary.

Edited by Evil Pixie
  • Like 9

Its fiddly, expensive and does not produce nearly enough, however if you love growing and you dont have the space and you dont mind fiddlin about for hours on end then its a good way to keep skills up.

Exactly, I grew mini-style at nans and ive learned so much.

Your definitely right.

Good luck micro grows are fiddly lol ! nice Start, All the best !

:yinyang:

Wheres the Diary??

Edited by vape_ninja

The diary starts HERE with the last picture! 6 days into flower WATCH THIS SPACE! Your grow was epic vape a great read!!!!!

The diary starts HERE with the last picture! 6 days into flower WATCH THIS SPACE! Your grow was epic vape a great read!!!!!

CoolCool,

And thanks :skin_up:

I love it, stealth grows are my favourite by far, I'm a tent grower, and no disrespect meant here to fellow tent growers but we don't know how easy we have it, I've done a stealth grow before, ad oh my god, the work required, plus my hands are very British (big and useless) in the end I had to ask my friend who is Japanese for some help, he was the only person who had hands capable of operating in such tight spaces, so every time i see someone do this now I take my hat off to you. :shuriken:

Good luck with it, loving your setup and space.

Retro

Edited by retro2807
  • Like 1

Thanks! man I get called spade hands lol its a pain in the arse altho it means we have VERY big gloves :P

Id say it would be easier to kit out a 10 x 10 foot room cos at least everything has its place without havin to bodge it all! :D

hey EP i'll be watching this with interest cos i have to downsize to a micro (cos i can't stop lol )

keep it real :yep: real small :thisbig::v:

• 2 weeks later...

Day 18 Flower

med_gallery_24037_4662_106648.jpg

Just swapped two of the 6400k bulbs for 2700k which has given the image a purple twinge.. At 4 weeks I'll swap to all 2700k bulbs. Shes being fed on PM bloom at quarter strength (when I feel she needs it) + Green Fuse Bloom Sttimulant (fuck knows if it actually does anything)

Temps are bang on in range. Humidity has been keeping itself low, which is a good thing considering there are going to be above average botrytis spores after my clumsey fumble.

This will come down week 9 ready for the Grow show.... Plan to dry it in the engine bay on the drive up! :P If I got enough funds come september that is!

• Like 2

Guest Wizard_Ovanoz

Great work EP :yep:

Looking really healthy mate.

All the best with the rest of the time you have in bloom :wink:

Wizard_Ovanoz......:magic: