Think Different

Uncle Larry

Hi Larry, still some weeks to go and they are lapping up that thousand watter for 20 hours a day ! I reckon 3 weeks minimum, but it is too early to say for sure. The longer they go the bigger the yield. Its a jungle !

Hi Tony, yeah I was thinking the same. No hurry, I'll wait til there done. I saw a different grow that went 95 days and thought mine looked about on pace with that. Just hoping I can keep them healthy long enough!

Welcome to UK420 Larry, fantastic entrance. Looks lovely fella.

H2

Thanks hydro2!

DAY 75

Got to the tent today and found one plant infested with spider mites! I noticed them first a couple weeks ago on the same plant. Sprayed all the plants in the tent with neem and some dish soap. Thought I soaked them all really well top and bottom. 3 days later I sprayed again. That was one week ago and today there were nets on the main cola and several other tops. They are only on one plant oddly enough since they are all the same strain? I took a high powered shop vac and sucked those little fuckers up and then treated the whole grow with neem again. I may pick up some stronger something before I go out there again Tuesday. The vacuum shreded some leafs pretty bad, but what can you do!

Another issue is what I think is a mag deficiency due to ph. First noticed this on one plant several weeks ago. Ph was at 6.2, so I raised it to 6.5ish, but that doesn't appear to be high enough as all the plants show it now. Tried it a little higher today, hope it stops.

Buds are as big as many I've harvested at the end. Hoping these still double in size. Figuring 3 weeks to go?

gallery_74106_4612_78658.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_216141.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_165791.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_111063.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_195784.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_199827.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_100848.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_58565.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_93838.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_39819.jpg

• Like 2

Its still looking good Larry! Shame about the spider mites, but it looks like you nailed them before they managed to establish themselves. I have heard of other people using a vacuum on them too, with one of those 'dust brush' attachments to minimise the chance of it 'grabbing' foliage as it sucks up the vermin. Anyway - its looking good and I'm pleased you are happy with the bud production.

As for how long will the plants go for? Maybe you can get another 10-14 days out of them? The next week will be a good guide for you, they will indeed pile on the weight at this stage so good luck with it. With Think Different the leaves will lose a lot of colour at the end, that seems to be normal.

I hope you are set for a good harvest! Get the jars ready

Its still looking good Larry! Shame about the spider mites, but it looks like you nailed them before they managed to establish themselves. I have heard of other people using a vacuum on them too, with one of those 'dust brush' attachments to minimise the chance of it 'grabbing' foliage as it sucks up the vermin. Anyway - its looking good and I'm pleased you are happy with the bud production.

As for how long will the plants go for? Maybe you can get another 10-14 days out of them? The next week will be a good guide for you, they will indeed pile on the weight at this stage so good luck with it. With Think Different the leaves will lose a lot of colour at the end, that seems to be normal.

I hope you are set for a good harvest! Get the jars ready

Thanks Tony! Appreciate your feedback. I noticed the spider mites earlier in the grow and have been spraying with neem and dish soap for the last couple weeks. Was really surprised to get there yesterday and see webbing all over one of the plants. I had sprayed that one especially well previously because thats where I saw spider mite damage to the lower leafs originally. Hopefully they are under control now. I'll be more proactive on the next grow.

Hoping for much larger buds like some of the other Think Different grows I've seen. I'm glad to hear they pile on the weight at this stage. I was thinking 2-3 weeks because I want them to get larger lol. Any suggestions for plumping them up at this stage?

hi Larry,

to keep plumping the buds up just keep doing what you are doing. Keep them well fed, supply them with light and fresh air and they should do the rest for you. I'm looking forward to seeing your photo's

hi Larry,

they look great, heavy and resinous too. Go for it at the weekend and please take a few pics of your crop

cheers!

tony

:eek:

Wow,look at the nugs on them bad girls! Very impressive grow Uncle Larry,you done this before huh? Lookin good there for a bumper haul. Ive been looking at these TDs myself and up till now Ive never seen them grown in soil but they look just as impressive whatever way they are grown. How much soil is in your boxes? What size pots would you advise on Tony? Ive always used 10 litre finals but these plants look like they could use bigger pots than that? Cant wait to see the final weights.

Crack on lad

Salty

:pugwash:

hi Larry,

they look great, heavy and resinous too. Go for it at the weekend and please take a few pics of your crop

cheers!

tony

Ok great, thanks Tony. Harder to get pics on harvest day for some reason (could be cause me and any help I have get really baked before we start!), but I'll get at least a few for sure!

:eek:

Wow,look at the nugs on them bad girls! Very impressive grow Uncle Larry,you done this before huh? Lookin good there for a bumper haul. Ive been looking at these TDs myself and up till now Ive never seen them grown in soil but they look just as impressive whatever way they are grown. How much soil is in your boxes? What size pots would you advise on Tony? Ive always used 10 litre finals but these plants look like they could use bigger pots than that? Cant wait to see the final weights.

Crack on lad

Salty

:pugwash:

Thanks Old Salty! This isn't my first grow, thanks for the nod! I have 3 grows going right now and started a few years ago with an Aerogarden and quickly changed to DWC and HID. Since then I switched to organic and have been growing organic about a year now I'd guess. This is my first time at using this tent, strain and growing method though, so I'm pretty happy it went as smooth as it did. Lowest maintenance indoor grow I've ever done. Considering these TD's took about 90 days from start to finish and the yield looks as good as many indoor photos that I've grown and the bud looks great, I'll definitely continue with this strain for a while if the smoke is as good as it looks. I'll be switching to coco within the next couple grows though. My containers (Earthbox) hold 2 cubic feet of medium and 3 gallons of water/nutrients in the liquid reservoir at the bottom. My two cents: I think 10 litre's might be fine, but a little bigger, maybe 15 litre's would be better. We'll see what Tony says!

Edited by Uncle Larry
  • Like 1

hi Larry, I wonder whether your earth box design will suit coco more naturally than it will suit soil. I think coco might give even better results for you. I reckon 10 litres would do fine but 15 litres would be root luxury.

The only other thing you might want to consider is whether the thousand watter would need to be a little lower to maximise usable light. A wire-mesh plant restraint down the middle (rather than wood) might also be an option.

But this was a great induction for Larrys Tent, I enjoyed seeing the whole thing. I hope the harvest is a good one

• Like 1

hi Larry, I wonder whether your earth box design will suit coco more naturally than it will suit soil. I think coco might give even better results for you. I reckon 10 litres would do fine but 15 litres would be root luxury.

The only other thing you might want to consider is whether the thousand watter would need to be a little lower to maximise usable light. A wire-mesh plant restraint down the middle (rather than wood) might also be an option.

But this was a great induction for Larrys Tent, I enjoyed seeing the whole thing. I hope the harvest is a good one

Thanks for the feedback Tony. I am planning on switching to coco after I run out of soil. I have a different grow right now in coco. Its my first time with coco and only 2 plants. I'll get good at it then switch to coco in my other 2 grows that have similar wick systems and are larger. I'm kinda locked into the wood trellis for a while because my brother in law made it and gave it to me lol. I'll use it for a few grows at least then upgrade. My plan is PVC with trellis netting stretched between. I think I may lower the light a couple inches for the next round. I was considering making it horizontal and moving the boxes closer to the center and removing the trellis all together as well.

I have 7 more TD seedlings ready for the next grow that will go in the tent Saturday after harvest! Here's a couple more pics I took yesterday when I checked on them:

gallery_74106_4612_129849.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_150152.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_12123.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_93310.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_149744.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_163270.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_125962.jpg

gallery_74106_4612_120120.jpg