StarRyder

DutchPassionTony

Nice grow, thanks for posting Tony. I'm watching closely, so far it sounds like a good strain to grow next!

• Like 1

Day 44 and a lot has been going on. StarRyders pre-flower stretch has allowed her to get to 1.1 metres tall and at least as wide

gallery_70468_4085_52199.jpg

The grow room is 1.5m wide so you can see she has quite a substantial framework to her which will allow a good bloomage. So far this is looking very good. There are bloom points all the way around her main cola and lots of them, Seymour normally gets them all to fatten up

gallery_70468_4085_64192.jpg

She has lots of leaf and has 600W of LED on her so she should have all the light she needs

gallery_70468_4085_116855.jpg

And the stem looks sturdy too.

gallery_70468_4085_33638.jpg

So far I think this is looking great, lights are on 19 hours, off for 5 hours (just an experiment). EC is 1.2, not that strong but StarRyder likes it that way, pH the usual 5.8-5.9. I don't know when she will stop stretching but is should be soon, and then we will see her bud up rapidly. Roots are fizzing away with 60 litres/minute of air under their roots and loving it. The coming weeks should be quite a sight. Perhaps 30 days to go.

Edited by DutchPassionTony
  • Like 2

Day 48 from seed

StarRyder has reached about 1.2m (46"), she has stopped stretching as much but she is a big girl. She is now making the transtion into bloom. As with most good autos there are lots of bloom points, and from experience we know these should all get big.

The next few weeks will be great to see, I have 'high' hopes this will be another of those auto grows that will have people thinking how have autos improved so much in just a couple of years.

Seymour will be using the following nutrients in his DWC system from here onwards

canna aqua flores

HESI pk13/14

carbo-load

cal/mag

rhizotonic

gallery_70468_4085_89469.jpg

gallery_70468_4085_106425.jpg

• Like 2

Guest yosser hughes

looking good atm nice bush bro. :bong: sick colour on the lamp though, i dont know if i could cope with that on the eyes like when singing to them. :rofl:

Hi Yos, the LED's are 75% red which is what the canna plant responds to, but I agree it is an eery appearance.

Well, its day 52 in Seymours grow room and the Starryder is bigger than anything else I can recall Seymour growing from our collection for this stage. She looks to be almost as wide as the 1.5 m growroom and is around 1.25 m tall. This will be the last update for 2 weeks. With any luck, when I get back from holidays (coughs, I mean my strain hunting expedition) this should be in full bloom. I am expecting this to be very special.

gallery_70468_4085_25701.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

DAY 67

ok back to the action. While I was away there was an issue with the pH meter not being proper;y calibrated which has probably cost the buds a little in terms of size. But that has been dealt with and things appear to be back on track. The StarRyder will probably be taken to 11 weeks to allow some recovery and weight gain, so maybe another 2 weeks to go. In this time we should see the 20 or so cola's to get heavier under the 20 hours of daily light. You will also see a good level of resin production continue with this variety. The top of the main cola is around 1.3m tall, the buds look nice and it should all get better still in the last 2 weeks

gallery_70468_4085_18828.jpg

gallery_70468_4085_114532.jpg

Wow, never realized the auto's could get so big! I was thinking of doing 5 in my 1.5m tent, a touch oppimistic maybe. Great looking plant though! :smokin:

Day 74, I think

StarRyder looks good and is probably going to be brought down in 1 week or so. EC is 1.4. Seymour thinks the wrong pH readings allowed the feed to get too low in pH denying the plant Phosphorous when she needed it..... so he feels the buds could be bigger. Even so this will prove a decent harvest as there is a fair covering of bud and the plant is a respectable size (1.3m tall and wide). I suspect one day he will want to run this variety again to push it harder.

gallery_70468_4085_64379.jpg

The buds are resinous

gallery_70468_4085_83990.jpg

and a view of the side cola's, there is typically a crown of these on a well grown auto

gallery_70468_4085_115973.jpg

• Like 1

She IS a big girl for an auto, isn't she! Seymour is such a perfectionist but we love him for it :smokin:

Cheers for the update Tony!

Mr. T :pimp:

• Like 1

tell me tony..the discolouration of the lower fan leaves ,is this a led burn or spectrum burn if you get my drift ,because i had the same thing with an auto recently and am curious as to why this happened ..its it the hot spot of the light ?

hi Trix, yes he is a perfectionist, but I think you have to be to do DWC properly. Here he was let down by a mis-reading pH meter which had his resevoirs just out of pH range, he is pretty focussed on keeping it around ph5.9 In fact he is focussed all the way round his DWC set up, using 60 litre/minute air pumps and the best airstones he can get. I would love to see him in 50 litre DWC containers, but never seen them much above the 20litre size

Vince, I think that was the problem that has given him the discolouration you refer to. DWC is one of the fastest way to grow really big plants but there is little margin for error. I still think he will crop a LOT of weed from this.

Guest funkfarmer(sb)

Those stacking calyxes are beautiful,I will have to have a crack at this for sure..shame about the meter issues,I'm gonna have a re-calibration at next opp I think.

hi guys, thanks for the comments. Mr Bond - yes indeed auto's (or at least the ones from the leading seedbanks) are now a way to get good yields of quality bud. Just a few years ago that wasn't the case, and they continue to improve as we learn more about them. And just FYI we continue to implement these improvements so that all our AutoFems are bred to the same high standards as our top-3 best sellers (AutoMazar, Think Different & AutoBlueberry)

Probably the most common reason I hear people grow auto's is the speed of production. You can often get them chopped in 10-11 weeks after germination. Some of our customers have converted entirely to auto's. And I guess some have yet to try them still.

StarRyder Day 78

Seymour is flushing the plant and perhaps is will be chopped in a week or so. I think she could be taken down now if required. As for the yield? We will see, but there are around 20 blooms of various sizes.

gallery_70468_4085_100952.jpg

by jove shes a whopper ..i wonder though if i could reduce the height down to half that size so i could fit more in and maybe get the same if not more from the same space ..rambling ..seymour seems to be quite the expert it seems ..lovely to see .