Serpents Dutch Passion Auto Grow 2012

Serpent

.:| Serpents Dutch Passion Auto Grow 2012 |:.

gallery_57657_3504_66926.jpg

Before I get started, I’d like to say thanks to Tony, Dutch Passion and of course UK420 for letting this competition go ahead, and once again I’ll be growing autos let’s kick this diary off with a rundown of the strains which has been lifted from Dutch Passions website.

gallery_57657_3504_86021.jpg

AUTOMAZAR

AutoMazar is a remarkably heavy-yielding autoflowering hybrid between our legendary Mazar and a Ruderalis/Indica. Mazar is a triple prize winner, a best seller praised for its potency, high yields and soft taste. AutoMazar produces sticky, generously proportioned buds and grows to a height of 70 to 80 cm. AutoMazar is a typical Indica, a strong-growing dense plant with big leaves and yields of 50 to 125 grams per plant. Best result so far is a plant that produced 205 grams outdoor in Southern Europe.

It is a robust strain that is easy to grow and guarantees a heavy early summer harvest of superior quality when grown outdoors. The stable genetics ensure that AutoMazar is resistant to pests and diseases. The flavor and aroma of this resinous variety are that of an original earthy Indica. The intense “body-high” is very pleasant. AutoMazar is a must for all Indica lovers, not at least for its tremendous yield. Highly recommended.

gallery_57657_3504_65859.jpg

THINK DIFFERENT

Sometimes a seed supplier needs to ‘think different’ to stand out from the crowd. Dutch Passion did just that with the introduction of feminised seed technology in the 90’s and we have done it again with the creation of this very special AutoFem strain.

The target here was to create a high yielding autoflowering strain with superior potency levels that would challenge the very best traditional varieties.

We used a Dutch Passion genebank strain called AK420 to start the process, this is a heavy yielding AK47 hybrid with extreme potency levels. AK420 was systematically crossed with a carefully chosen Ruderalis. The aim was to surpass the high standards set by the 2011 AutoFem bestseller AutoMazar.

Think Different’ is a heavy yielding AutoFem strain, it gives strong homogenous plants typically 1-1.5m tall that can occasionally yield 250-300g per plant under optimum conditions. Think Different is roughly 60% Sativa, 20% Indica and 20% Ruderalis. Indoor production levels of upto 500g/m² have been seen by Dutch commercial growers. Seed to harvest is just 9 weeks and with THC levels measured at 18% this is a heavy-hitting easy-to-grow strain that serious growers like you are simply not allowed to miss!

gallery_57657_3504_52768.jpg

POLARLIGHT 2

The new and highly improved version of PolarLight is the result of a hybrid between an autoflowering Ruderalis/Indica and Dutch Haze. The specific Haze characteristics are obviously present (very prominent) in this variety. PolarLight #2 is very easy to grow and after approximately 2,5 weeks of vegetative growth PolarLight #2 automatically starts to flower for a period of 8 to 9 weeks. Outdoors the plants grow to a height of 30-85 cm. Indoors up to 100 cm using a Hydroponic System.

PolarLight #2 is resistant against mould, spidermite and other diseases. For a Haze variety PolarLight #2 generates a respectable harvest/yield between 30 and 50 grams per plant. PolarLight #2 is very pleasant to smoke and has a sweet fruity citrus taste and spicy Haze aroma. The powerful clear and long lasting 'high' is average in THC percentage but high in CDB percentage and therefore very suitable for medicinal users. PolarLight now brings the opportunity to grow connoisseur quality Haze in a little more than 2 months time!

gallery_57657_3504_25642.jpg

.:| Grow Info |:.

The setup is identical to my previous grows, but to make this diary complete I’ll be using the following:

.:| Vegging – MicroBox |:.

• Mylar Lined PC case
  • 3x 23w CFL’s
  • PC Fans for intake/exhaust

gallery_57657_3504_287.jpg

.:| Flowering - Tent |:.

• DR60 60x60x140
  • 250w Dual Spec HPS & Euro Reflector
  • 4” Ruck Fan & Rhino Carbon Filter

gallery_57657_3504_22959.jpg

.:| Pot Sizes |:.

• Round 3” (72.6mm) pots for first 10-14 days
  • Square 3.5 Litre pots (for 2 plants)
  • Square 6.5 Litre final pots

.:| Soil, Nutes & Beneficials |:.

Plant Magic products across the board again and I’ll be using...

• Plant Magic Soil Supreme
  • Plant Magic Oldtimer Grow/Bloom
  • Plant Magic Bio-Silicon
  • Plant Magic Granules at potting up

gallery_57657_3504_84452.jpg

.:| The Grow |:.

With my life being hectic at the moment, I won’t be able to give this grow and diary the overall time it deserves but I’ll certainly do my best to keep you good folk informed on how things are going.

I’m also looking forward to growing these strains, I’ve only ever grown out Auto Blueberry from Dutch Passion, which was a pretty nice smoke, but only an average yield, so I’m really interested to see how the AutoMazar does as we’ve all read reports on how it yields. I’m hoping that the Think Different & PolarLight 2 will offer a different kinda smoke that I’m used to with them having a more sativa/haze lineage, I just hope I’m OK with headroom but I guess we’ll see in a couple of months time :D

.:| Germination |:.

On Weds 9th May, I put 2 of each strain into a glass of water for about 12 hours, on Thurs 10th May, both AutoMazar’s, PolarLight’s and 1 of the Think Different’s were showing signs of cracking, so I put all 6 into pre-wetted PM Soil, covered with cling film to get humidity up and placed them under just 1x 23w CFL in my microbox.

By Fri 11th May, 5 out of the 6 were starting to break the soil, so we’ll call that Day 1 and there was only Think Different #2 which was refusing to show. Roll on 12 hours and she was just starting to break the soil and by Sun 13th May, all plants were small, but were starting to stretch for the light, so I upped the number of bulbs in the microbox to 3, left them on 24 hour light cycle and I’m happy to report that’s 100% germ rate :yahoo:

.:| Day #6 – 24 Hour Lights |:.

As I’ve been busy, yeah sorry I know it’s a recurring theme, I didn’t really get chance to photograph the girls over the first few days, but by Day 6 they were all going for it, I also put some straws around the stems on the taller plants to stop them falling over.

So far so good, although I was getting a little bit of ‘crinkling’ of the leaves on some of them, mainly the AutoMazar, I’ve been getting this for the last 2 or 3 grows now, I think the PM soil is a little too hot for seedlings so this will probably be the last time I germ straight in soil, I’ve got some Root Riots, so I might try them next.

No temp/humidity readings as my thermometer has bit the dust, note to self, need to replace it and here’s some pics at Day 6.

gallery_57657_3504_143198.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_123293.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_67727.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_37512.jpg

.:| Day #10 – 24 Hour Lights |:.

It’s now Monday 21st May which is Day 10.

I was hoping to pot up and moved into the tent around the day 10 mark, but I just didn’t get chance. They were really coming on in the microbox and growing at a rapid rate so I was happy to keep them there for a few more days. The AM’s seemed to have grown out of the crinkly leaf phase and are looking healthy, but TD #1 has taken their place, I try not to worry about these things, are there still flourishing, I know they’ll be being potted up soon and all being well she’ll grow out of it….hopefully not famous last words!

All plants were also showing 3-4 nodes, with the AM’s way out in front, the slow starting TD has caught up and strangely the PL2 #1 seems to have slowed down. Feed wise at this stage is just plain water, no nutes or beneficials.

Nothing else to add for Day 10, so here’s some pics.

gallery_57657_3504_136005.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_53831.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_17408.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_121417.jpg

Stay tuned, more to follow >>>

• Like 5

.:| Day #14 – 18/6 Lights & Pot Up Day |:.

I finally got around to potting up on Friday 25th May which is Day 14, but it nearly didn’t happen as when I was sorting out the pots, there was a problem, 6 x 6.5 litre pots doesn’t fit in the tent that well, so the plan is to pot up 2 plants into 3.5 litre pots for a few days, cut the tops off 2 x 6.5 litre pots and in a few day’s time pot them up to the modified pots.

So with a slight change of plan, I potted both AutoMazar’s, Think Different #1 and PolarLight 2 #2 into 6.5 litre pots, and the remaining TD and PL into 3.5 litre pots, all 6 also got a good sprinkling of PM Granules along with a good feed of water with no nutes but I added 1ml per 2 litre PM Bio-Silicon.

Once potted up, they were placed into my DR60 under a 250w HPS and the light cycle was switched to 18/6.

Here’s a quick summary and sorry, just 1 pic from in the tent on Day 14.

.:| Feeding |:.

• Nutes: None
  • Beneficials: 1ml per 2 litre PM Bio-Silicon
  • Volume Of Feed: 1 - 1.5 litres per plant
  • Frequency Of Feed: Once every 3 -4 days

gallery_57657_3504_107895.jpg

.:| Day #22 – 18/6 Lights & Pot Up Day Again |:.

It’s now Sat 2nd June and Day 22 and time for the TD #2 and PL2 #1 to be potted up into their final (modified) 6.5 litre pots, tey could have maybe gone a few more days, but I wanted to get them in to their final pots sooner rather than later.

Despite a little bit of neglect, they’ve all been doing really well, the ‘crinkling’ has certainly died down with new growth and the 2 that were in the 3.5 litre pots haven’t seem to have been affect too much by it as all 6 are about the same height and all are starting to show pre-flowers with pistils starting to sprout all over the place.

There’s also a very slight aroma of canna starting and the leaves, especially on the PolarLight’s are already starting to show a little bit of paling, so I might give them a touch of grow next feed, but I’ll try and read them in a couple of days, mind you, that’s easier said than done!

I still haven’t replaced my thermometer so no temp or humidity readings, but I did measure them this time!

I think that covers everything, so here’s a quick summary...

.:| Feeding |:.

• Nutes: None
  • Beneficials: 1ml per 2 litre PM Bio-Silicon
  • Volume Of Feed: 1 - 1.5 litres per plant
  • Frequency Of Feed: Once every 3 -4 days

.:| Plant Heights From Top Of Pot |:.

• AutoMazar #1: 23cm
  • AutoMazar #2: 25cm
  • Think Different #1: 28cm
  • Think Different #2: 26cm
  • PolarLight 2 #1: 25cm
  • PolarLight 2 #2: 27cm

And here’s some pics from Day 22.

gallery_57657_3504_111711.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_55588.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_104377.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_104244.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_2655.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_19600.jpg

Thanks for swinging by, good luck to everyone in the competition and most of all, stay stoned :hippy:

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 5

Cracking start mucker. All the best with these ones. I will be looking out for the Mazar in your hands.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 1

Cracking start Serpent, really nice set-up there. Lets hope those 6 babies get you a good stash in 7 weeks time ! It is quite a startling amount of growth you got from them in the time between your week-2 and week-3 photo's. Great work.

The other thing that is nice to see is a fairly even canopy which makes all the difference for 'lower-watt' grows. I hope it stays that way ! Best of luck Serpent, I hope it is enjoyable and fruitful for you !

• Like 1

If this is anything like ur last diarys then everyone should be in for a treat!!!

Best of luck Serpent, but i'm sure you won't need any lol

Peace bro!

• Like 1

Cracking start Serpent, really nice set-up there. Lets hope those 6 babies get you a good stash in 7 weeks time ! It is quite a startling amount of growth you got from them in the time between your week-2 and week-3 photo's. Great work.

The other thing that is nice to see is a fairly even canopy which makes all the difference for 'lower-watt' grows. I hope it stays that way ! Best of luck Serpent, I hope it is enjoyable and fruitful for you !

Thanks Tony, and yeah I hope the canopy stays nice and even, although got it a feeling it won't, I guess we'll see soon enough though :D

If this is anything like ur last diarys then everyone should be in for a treat!!!

Best of luck Serpent, but i'm sure you won't need any lol

Peace bro!

Thanks dude :yep:

great start mate and another cracking diary mate

you are the auto king mate

Cheers Waldo :yep: dunno about being a king, more like a blagger :D and have you seen Jims Think Different & Taiga grow :notworthy:

• Like 2

I've read your previous diaries through almost like how to manuals and they've been fantastic for a total noob like me, but I'm looking forward to keeping up with this one in real time so to speak, looks like a promising start anyway :spliff:

• Like 2

no i havnt mate

check it out here, well worth a read

I've read your previous diaries through almost like how to manuals and they've been fantastic for a total noob like me, but I'm looking forward to keeping up with this one in real time so to speak, looks like a promising start anyway :spliff:

Cheers papillon and I hope I do these justice!

• Like 2

Good luck serpent, those I must say look magnificent. I was doing a TD grow until the 2 beans I popped gave up the ghost & although I started 3 SS#2 I am now left with 1 BUT the 5 TD I had left have been germed & shown their little heads this morning so I will be going on a different route with these ones but this will be posted up in my diary.

Once again dude good luck but from the diaries I have seen from you I don't think you will need it.:yep:

H2

• Like 1