You've got to give credit to DP

AustrianToker

Guest Nu Jerzey Devil

I applaud You AT Bro :notworthy: :applause:

Well Said Sir! Maybe some of the folks higher up the chain here will start thinking the same way lol There's always hope lol

I think Dutvh passion are making a really good effort to change things and they seem to be looking forward to new opportunities

I Wish Dutch Passion all the best of luck with what they plan to do here and I hope they go from strength to strength :yinyang:

:smokin:

• Like 1

yes i now all about blueberry is prone to hermi but after them saying there getting on things i thought i would give it another go but with great fail i would love to be able to get a nice blueberry mother thats all i wanted,, but my case is it just wasnt blueberry it happend to it also happend with the orange bud so that was another fail,, but what really got to me out it all was the way they replyed to me in a email and when challenged never replyed back,, thatys the only reason i thought other people should hear my expeerience,, maybe tony can go back to dutch passion and mention about how to send better emails to there customers to the people that send them out,a dont get me wrong i have seen some nice plant grown from dutch passion, and send them good luck with there other projects and what there doing

Sorry to hear a few people have had issues with DP.

I would like to say that I've had success with DP seeds over the years but have not grown any of the varieties bemoaned by others. Yet.

Guest Thicky

This is a bit off topic but is that a picture of tony himself on his avatar. If not, anyone know who it is?

• Like 2

Credit? As far as I'm concerned 'Don't ask for credit, refusal might offend'.

There is no 'credit'in this business, only respect based on consistently good results and performance, currently. There's too much at stake for people, and it's too expensive, to be buying problematic genetics. I'm sorry, but if I'd spent £90+ on ten seeds that hermied on me, and the vendor knew they had a high likelihood to do that and still sold them to me, then I'd be quite rightly pissed off.

Smokey is getting slagged for continuing to express his grievances on different threads, but DPT didn't even give him a quick reply on the thread he started, after the geezer dropped £150 or whatever for hermie prone genetics. It's no wonder he continues to bad mouth them.

I don't have much experience with DP and have never had a problem with their gear personally,(Mazar was decent, currently got a Mekong High cut, no probs so far) so have no agenda, but people saying 'they're making amends, they're releasing new more stable varieties' etc are conveniently ignoring the fact that while they're concentrating on developing and releasing all this 'new and improved' stuff, they're not improving, and are still selling genetics at massive mark up which they know to be defective.

If you'd bought a car from a car manufacturer that caused you no end of grief and personal/financial loss through shoddy manufacturing, would you be willing to buy another from them with a promise that the new one is better, while they also continue to sell other people the old model, knowing full well it's defective? I certainly wouldn't.

Credit? Meh, they'll get some credit when they give away lines for diaries which they have worked on to eliminate widely reported problems, after withdrawing them from sale to do so, from me at least. Acknowledging a problem is all well and good, but actually doing something about it is a different matter entirely. Yeah, so...like, now what?

When they joined here I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, and thought they'd announce reworked, refreshed, stable versions of their old strains after the original posts from them. Seems not.

Edited by MekongBlues
  • Like 4

Hey there Mekongblues. I'm not sure the car comparison really works well in this case as both are complete different products. Car being a mechanical good and weed being a plant (organic matter).

Here is a quote fromm audioaddict and i seem to agree with his statement.

...It isn't just a matter of planting a blueberry seed, and expecting it to come over all stable and blueberry muffin, and complaining if it doesn't.

It is just a fact of life, if you want a strain that will just do what it says on the tin first time around, blueberry isn't for you... it is a genetic line that needs a thorough search before you will find the elusive sought after pheno.

Hermies and mutants galore is what you will have to wade through to find it, that's it and as far as I know, that's how it's always been.

Tbh, If i spend over 90£ for a seed pack, i'd be looking for independent reviews or opinions on that specific strain before making the purchase. i think there are enough reviews on this site alone to give a sort of idea of the results you are going to get - this doesn't only count for DP. I don't restrict myself to weed products for getting information - perhaps even when you buy a car...(thank you internet for that).

Back to the OP - I think that DP is trying to improve... perhaps communication could be another place for improvement, but in general i see change towards the better. Concerning certain issues such as ladyboys - i think there needs to be a more scientific approach in order to identify what really causes it and concentrate less on subjective reports. Perhaps reworking a strain if necessary, but you are not going to see it within a day or two - this will require time, many generations, selection and production.

AT :oldtoker:

• Like 5

Hey there Mekongblues. I'm not sure the car comparison really works well in this case as both are complete different products. Car being a mechanical good and weed being a plant (organic matter).

Here is a quote fromm audioaddict and i seem to agree with his statement.

OK, so here's a different analogy: If you'd bought a pack of ten chilli seeds for £90, having been told by the seller that they will produce some excellent chillies, and after wasting time, soil, and money growing them they turn out to be utterly crap and nothing like the description, you'd be justifiably pissed off, right? Would you then hand over another £90 for a different chilli strain from that company if they told you that these were better than the crap ones you bought, while continuing to offer the crap ones for sale to other unsuspecting suckers? Any company stands or falls on the quality of it's product, and any ethical company when faced with numerous reports of customer problems would withdraw the problematic product from sal, until the problems are resolved.

...It isn't just a matter of planting a blueberry seed, and expecting it to come over all stable and blueberry muffin, and complaining if it doesn't.

It is just a fact of life, if you want a strain that will just do what it says on the tin first time around, blueberry isn't for you... it is a genetic line that needs a thorough search before you will find the elusive sought after pheno.

Hermies and mutants galore is what you will have to wade through to find it, that's it and as far as I know, that's how it's always been.

That's all well and good, if DP advertised it as such. They don't say that you'll have to buy 100 @ £900 to find a keeper and they don't say it has a high likelihood of hermying, here's their description:

The Original Blueberry is the flagship strain of the Blue Family, having gained great popularity amongst worldwide growers. Its name was chosen because of Blueberry's blue hues and its incredible blueberry aroma which is amazingly close to the taste and smell of real blueberries. The Original Blueberry was introduced to the Dutch market in 1998, together with Blue Velvet, Blue Moonshine, Blue Heaven and Flo, the other members of the Blue Family.

All of them were originally bred by DJ Short and adopted by Dutch Passion, made possible by a cooperation with the Canadian breeder. Blueberry is a heavily resinous mostly indica strain (80%), mainly consisting of an Afghani indica, the sativa genetics predominantly come from a Thai sativa and, to a minor degree, also from an Oaxacan (Mexican) sativa. These three truebred parental lines, old landraces that date back to the 70ies, represent the genetic framework for every member of the Blue Family.

The Original Blueberry's participations in the High Times Cannabis Cup have been crowned with great success: In the year of 2000, it impressively dominated the competition, winning both the overall Cannabis Cup and the indica category. In the following year, Blueberry took second place in the overall Cup and third place in the indica category. With a THC content of 19.5%, measured by an independent laboratory, Blueberry belongs to the group of strains that have to be considered very strong. But nevertheless its high is expected to be clear and euphoric rather than devastating.

Hardly an honest description of the product, no mention of needing a 100% stable environment, no mention of not being suitable for newbies, no mention of known problems.

Tbh, If i spend over 90£ for a seed pack, i'd be looking for independent reviews or opinions on that specific strain before making the purchase. i think there are enough reviews on this site alone to give a sort of idea of the results you are going to get - this doesn't only count for DP. I don't restrict myself to weed products for getting information - perhaps even when you buy a car...(thank you internet for that).

TBH, if I spend £90 on a pack of ten seeds ( :headpain: ) I'd expect decent results every time, or I'd consider I'd been ripped off. Yes, I'd make sure to check reviews, as I do with anything, but DP are counting on uninformed people who haven't read all the bad reviews, blinding them with the BB name and their product description, allowing them to remain uninformed up until they personally experience the problems, when it's already too late.

Sorry, I can't respect that, or give it any credit as it's just bad business practice. Also, unlike when DP arrived on the scene, there are numerous competitors with much better rep and much cheaper strains which perform far more consistently.

• Like 6

This is a bit off topic but is that a picture of tony himself on his avatar. If not, anyone know who it is?

lol - you hope to meet him in the streets?! :starwars:

• Like 1

TBH, if I spend £90 on a pack of ten seeds ( :headpain: ) I'd expect decent results every time

Just so you know for future reference mate, you are wrong doing this and wont get them every time, some strains especialy are not bred for this, or they are actualy true breeding for some traits like effect but not others like height/ structure etc, best to do some research and take responsibility for what you spend your money on, not a dig, just don't want you getting annoyed in future. Nowt like a bit of diversity.

IF you get bad service etc just spend elsewhere next time, company go bust if shit all the time, unless lots of other people get good service then hard luck / unluckyresult! < this is how it works

• Like 4

^^Yep, thats why I do my research and wouldn't even consider buying seeds with so many bad reports. It's all well and good for someone with loads of space, time, and money to fanny about searching for that special one in a hundred. Personally I, and I suspect most others on here, don't have that luxury and anyway, why bother when you can buy many other cheaper, better strains which will provide a keeper from less seeds popped and less initial expense?

^^Yep, thats why I do my research and wouldn't even consider buying seeds with so many bad reports. It's all well and good for someone with loads of space, time, and money to fanny about searching for that special one in a hundred. Personally I, and I suspect most others on here, don't have that luxury and anyway, why bother when you can buy many other cheaper, better strains which will provide a keeper from less seeds popped and less initial expense?

I certainly don't have loads of space, and I'm pretty well skint - although I do have some time to spare.

But I do not take the easy options, like you outline. I prefer to look for Sports, uniformity is not where I'm at - at all. Even with small WarDrobes like mine, it just takes a bit of nous and you can grow pretty much all and any strains you like.

Cheaper, better strains as you call them rarely produce the sort of plants I and others love to look for. That's not their job, they are there to provide uniform results for those who seek them, and are content to leave the selecting and sorting of potential Sports to the pro breeders.

I seek almost the opposite of you. I don't like uniformity - I want a pack of seeds to throw out curved balls at me, to keep me on my toes and give me a chance to find that special, one in a thousand Sporting Gal! To find her, I am more than happy to take the chance of getting hermies en route. Thai weed is well known for hermies. And for outstanding potency! To find the latter, one should assume that one will have to deal with the former. If that is not to one's liking, grow an established, uniform strain - after all, there's no shortage of them!

I have just grown out two C3 phenos. One tall, one short. The tall one takes my time up, and stretches my skills big style! Neither of these two, despite being a lovely smoke, will be kept for long - they simply don't bring enough to the table. But I know that somewhere in these seeds, lies enormous genetic potential. Smoking these two promises me that much ;) So I'll certainly be growing out the rest of the pack. I'll probably see ten different phenos!! But hey, that's the way to go, in my book. Uniformity bores me, and cannot satisfy the quest I am on. If C3 was uniform, and every plant the same - I'd feel conned. Because it would mean that the last nine seeds will be exactly the same as the first. In other words, Game Over! After just one plant, too. How very disappointing, how boring, how dull.

When I want a uniform grow I look to my mums and clones, not to that little box in my fridge, and its genetic potential! ;)

• Like 3

Guest Thicky

lol - you hope to meet him in the streets?! :starwars:

Definitely not hoping to meet him, to me that is a bit of a scary shot :fear:

I would get another shot done if that is his him and I were he ;)

• Like 1