Clone Seeds

DutchPassionTony

Why bother with this when you can get genetically identical clones by the normal method?, if it aint broke don't fix it,

the article says it will bother "traditionalists", try disgust and abhorrence, that will be nearer the mark I suspect.

• Like 6

Guest weedmonsta

tony, i think if seed producers made sure they did proper breeding then all plants grown from their seed should be the same

Edited by weedmonsta
  • Like 1

This must also have a lot of legal implications. I would think that if it is a living clone from a germinated seed, not many people will be able to buy them.

• Like 1

I can see one advantage immedaitely.

Getting genetics across boarders can be difficult, postal methods are hit and miss with a big chance the clones would die......it could be a way for breeders/growers to share special genetics with less risk.

Edited by FAI
  • Like 4

This must also have a lot of legal implications. I would think that if it is a living clone from a germinated seed, not many people will be able to buy them.

I can see one advantage immedaitely.

Getting genetics across boarders can be difficult, postal methods are hit and miss with a big chance the clones would die......it could be a way for breeders/growers to share special genetics with less risk.

I think you guys missed the bit that it`s a clone in seed form, so just seeds being posted

E2a, This is all a bit worrying imo

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 3

This is all a bit worrying imo

My sentiments exactly, that's taking messing about with nature just a wee bit too far IMO

• Like 3

Some of you may have heard about clone seeds from the world of traditional fruit and veg. But if you have ever thought it would be interesting to grow gentically identical clones from an elite parent plant then read on....

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/news-and-development/clone-seeds/

that is cool.

i always have one seed that does a heck of alot better than the rest so my view on this is. go for it i would buy the seeds straight up because id know what to expect every time without fail. this could well lead to the genetic engineering of a perfect cannabis strain

First thing: Are the resulting plants sterile?

If not, then... well it's just convenient stealthy clones for sale over borders isn't it? Not only that, you would potentially have access to stuff like the fabled "Temple Flo" cut doing the rounds in the US or whatever the flavour of the month is...

Once the plants are up, then you maybe can do some closet hacking if they aren't sterile?

Yes, we would miss out on the "lucky punch" phenos, but I would never say never to yet another way of getting our hands on good herb, as long as it doesn't kill access to seeds or cost a fortune

I think you guys missed the bit that it`s a clone in seed form, so just seeds being posted

E2a, This is all a bit worrying imo

I'm not sure that the authorities would view these as seeds.

This is what NJD was on about then presumably :unsure:

• Like 2

Some of you may have heard about clone seeds from the world of traditional fruit and veg. But if you have ever thought it would be interesting to grow gentically identical clones from an elite parent plant then read on....

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/news-and-development/clone-seeds/

that is cool.

i always have one seed that does a heck of alot better than the rest so my view on this is. go for it i would buy the seeds straight up because id know what to expect every time without fail. this could well lead to the genetic engineering of a perfect cannabis strain

Not if its Dutch Passion that are pioneering it mate, look at their Fems, they need to perfect them first :bag:

Edited by Sawney Bean
  • Like 1