An opening statement from Dutch Passion

DutchPassionTony

What a refreshingly honest post, thank you.

I am a huge fan of your old strain 'Blue Moonshine' and have a cut that is well over 10 years old.

Do you have any plans to release the strain again?

ATB :)

Hi Man, Blue Moonshine, you can still get her on the website http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/seeds/product/blue-moonshine/

And for info, even if a variety is withdrawn from the catalogue due to falling sales we always keep an ample supply of seeds in our genebank

And we continue to look at this strain carefully. Since you are a fan I will let you know that we are looking really closely at the specific 'blue' Blue Moonshine pheno for some of our ongoing future strain decelopment work. That doesn't mean we will get a stable, commercial product from it, it will depend on how the work goes. But that particular pheno has proved quite exciting to the greenhouse dwellers at DP.

Tony, thanks for your response.

Do you have any regular seeds of Blue Moonshine??

I can only see feminised Blue Moonshine on your web page.

Blue Moonshine is fem-only I am afraid. I think I mentioned this before but we are working on the 'blue-blue' pheno of Blue Moonshine , we can't guarantee it will lead to anything good enough to release, but just so you know we share your love of this strain. The only 'negative' thing about it is that it isn't a commercial yielder. i would add that I personally don't see that as a negative. On the other hand it is a favourite head-stash of quite a few aficionado 'blue family' fans.

Hi Bad Penny, if you ordered 200 Frisian Dews seeds on our website an automatic bulk discount is applied which would give you a price of 'just' €1100, so if you (or anyone else) wants to order in bulk just put them in the shopping cart and you can see the discounts that are applied.

Cant say fairer than that Tony,good one :guitar:

• Like 1

I'm all for feminised seeds, and photoperiod 'autos', and 'maturity' 'autos', and whatever else is out there, and I don't distrust new things by default.

:guitar:

progress happens one way or another

Can we have proper information about the flowering behaviour on the packets for growers? Particularly for outdoor strains.

We want to know if it's photoperiod or maturity or other factors which trigger flowering, and we want to know if the plant can be re-vegged & cloned easily indoors in a veg grow cabinet and which photoperiod is best for that.

If the strain's inconsistent, then fair enough, describe the intended phenotype(s) and their behaviour, and give a % occurrence figure for the phenotypes.

By providing this information you can show that your QC is an ongoing process.

Each seed packet's batch number should be searchable on your site to find a test grow diary. Maybe 6 date-stamped photos would suffice.

N

Hello Nun - some interesting requests there - thank you. What did you mean with the last suggestion, ?

I like the idea of describing the main pheno's and the occurence rate, though that would be a lot of work across the seed range. On the other hand it would be useful to the customers to have a standardised way of describing the pheno's, let me discuss with the guys here. thanks man

Welcome to UK420! :v: Good to have you onboard and certainly allows you to set the record straight - not that i've made any bad experience myself, but i've noticed some of the reports that made some people worry.

I've smoked DP strains on numerous occasions with great pleasure (blueberry, orange bud, skywalker, mazar,...) and have grown frisian dew in the mountains of austria in 2010! :D Our climate isn't the friendliest but she proved to be a true outdoor performer. I've enjoyed the FD so much that i'll be growing it this year again. A shame this strain doesn't sell in regular. But i was also surprised at your 97% sales figure and can understand if you choose to limit your reg. sales.

I'm glad you are doing more development in the outdoor segment and will be looking forward to your new releases. What's this you mentioned? testgrowers? I certainly like the idea. :wassnnme:

Keep it up,

AT :oldtoker:

Edited by AustrianTokker

Welcome to UK420! :v: Good to have you onboard and certainly allows you to set the record straight - not that i've made any bad experience myself, but i've noticed some of the reports that made some people worry.

I've smoked DP strains on numerous occasions with great pleasure (blueberry, orange bud, skywalker, mazar,...) and have grown frisian dew in the mountains of austria in 2010! :D Our climate isn't the friendliest but she proved to be a true outdoor performer. I've enjoyed the FD so much that i'll be growing it this year again. A shame this strain doesn't sell in regular. But i was also surprised at your 97% sales figure and can understand if you choose to limit your reg. sales.

I'm glad you are doing more development in the outdoor segment and will be looking forward to your new releases. What's this you mentioned? testgrowers? I certainly like the idea. :wassnnme:

Keep it up,

hello Austrian - and thanks. I saw some of your photo's in a previous DP competition and liked them!.

And the Frisian Dew is quite a special one. Few strains are as tough as that. From our perspective it will not be easy to surpass it, but that will not stop us trying of course.

I have asked the DP lads if we could recruit some of you guys if.. and when... we get the next outdoor strain ready, maybe for a kind of 'pre-sales' beta testing. They are OK with it in principle. But it is one thing launching an outdoor variety and another launching one that will breeze through the tough summers of the kind we see in the UK.

A few of other our Alpine customers also like the 2 high altitude varieties (Pamir Gold, Snow Bud) which we have on our website. They deal well with the kind of temperature swings you see between day and night time at altitude and we developed them in the swiss alps over a few seasons of selective breeding. They could complement Frisian perhaps in your case ?

all the best man

tony

Blue Moonshine is fem-only I am afraid. I think I mentioned this before but we are working on the 'blue-blue' pheno of Blue Moonshine , we can't guarantee it will lead to anything good enough to release, but just so you know we share your love of this strain. The only 'negative' thing about it is that it isn't a commercial yielder. i would add that I personally don't see that as a negative. On the other hand it is a favourite head-stash of quite a few aficionado 'blue family' fans.

Definately good head-stash.

I have to say though, that I find the Blue Moonshine pheno that I have to be an exceptionally high yeilder.

Perhaps I have been lucky?

Keep up the good work Tony and I may call by and visit you guys next time I am in Amsterdam (if I am welcome of course).

hello Austrian - and thanks. I saw some of your photo's in a previous DP competition and liked them!.

And the Frisian Dew is quite a special one. Few strains are as tough as that. From our perspective it will not be easy to surpass it, but that will not stop us trying of course.

I have asked the DP lads if we could recruit some of you guys if.. and when... we get the next outdoor strain ready, maybe for a kind of 'pre-sales' beta testing. They are OK with it in principle. But it is one thing launching an outdoor variety and another launching one that will breeze through the tough summers of the kind we see in the UK.

A few of other our Alpine customers also like the 2 high altitude varieties (Pamir Gold, Snow Bud) which we have on our website. They deal well with the kind of temperature swings you see between day and night time at altitude and we developed them in the swiss alps over a few seasons of selective breeding. They could complement Frisian perhaps in your case ?

all the best man

tony

Cheers for the quick response and yeah, thanks again for the pack of ISIS you send me and hope to be able to grow them very soon.

I'll be also looking into the strains you mentioned, but think i will stick to FD this year. Actually i'm working with a strain which originates from tajikistan that could be similar to your pamir - but ill need to try the pamir at some point.

cheers,

Definately good head-stash.

I have to say though, that I find the Blue Moonshine pheno that I have to be an exceptionally high yeilder.

Perhaps I have been lucky?

Keep up the good work Tony and I may call by and visit you guys next time I am in Amsterdam (if I am welcome of course).

yes mate - you are most welcome to come and say hello. Let us know when you are over, And well done with that pheno you have, you will be making our boys envious !