Welcome Dutch Passion to UK420

withnail

Hi Mekong, I am speaking to the guys in the greenhouse to see if I can get you any more detail on Mekong High. This link to a grow on our website may be interesting to you. I am not sure if I am allowed to link to our website, maybe we can as it is a help desk. Anyway here goes

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/strainstories/mekong-high/

...and yes, we should have more and better grow diaries of all our strains. That is one reason for the 'free seeds for a grow diary' competition which I will post a new thread for. If I get you more mekong info I will post it, good luck with her.

Our new website will eventually have a live button for a photo of the month which is free seeds of your choice each month for the winner so good luck with the grow and I hope you get some good bud, you should enjoy her.

Cheers for the reply mate, some great info in your link. I'll try to get a couple of pics of mine up at some point, she's already stinking and has only just started showing flowers! I'm actually 4 way LSTing it to buggery as I'm in between proper grows, just using a 250w CFL on it...probably not the best choice of grow style for a vigorous mainly sativa plant but he who dares and all that!

e2a; Welcome to the board DP!

Edited by MekongBlues

Welcome to UK420 Tony :smokin:

I have just finished growing orange bud and its dried and in the jars now and its a nice smoke, fairly strong and the pistils are quite orange unsurprisingly. Got some Frisian Dew coming and they look fantastic from the pics, looking forward to growing this.

Ganjaman :smoke:

Welcome Dutch Passion,

I remember going to a the "Dutch Passion" shop in Amsterdam 1997 (err 97ish) it was amazing, more exciting than the coffeeshops somehow :stoned: , it might all have been a haze fired hallucination..... Thanks for keeping on with the regular seeds, while Fem seeds are great I'd really miss regular seeds if there we not available. In my experience DP seeds are excellent, your Flo is my favorite plant :wub:

Oh yeah! Purple Passion - Do you know the parents? Passion No.1 x Blueberry?

I know this is ancient history - a discontinued strain from a decade ago - but there are a few of us who would really like to know

Looks like your going to be busy here :guitar: have fun

big welcome

got 2 of your white widow 35 days into flower.they have been a treat to grow and are looking really good at the moment.done a few different seed companys strains of white widow,and its getting harder to find that old original widow package.hopefully yours will deliver the real deal.

Pwewwww!

Cheers Tony thats good to hear.

Shake Freddys hand for me when you see him.

Penny.

Likewise . It's rarely i'm not able to finish a joint ,mazar does that to me ! Grew it in 2003 or 04 outside and 2008 inside , she had the same stink off her both times. Very heavy stone .. :spliff:

• Like 2

grown a few dp strains ,blueberry,trance and orange bud, all far superior compared to other seedbank strains, the trance is one of the nicest smokes ever

thanks to EVERYONE I appreciate the comments. It is also nice to get feedback in this job. One things that always surprises me is to hear of the wide range of favourites that people have. Which must mean that each of us responds a little bit differently to the various strains. One persons favourite simply doesn't do it for another person. It doesn't mean the strain is poor or bad. It means we have some people that like indica's the most, some that are the opposite and get the best hit from a saoring sativa high.

Thats the great part of the canna world, the chance to grow and try different stable strains to find something which you personally love. You would be surprised to sit in the coffee room at Dutch Passion and listen to us when we start talking about our favourite strains, and fave pheno's. You get one guy raving about one strain and someone else saying they don't get the same experience from it. I have reached the conclusion that we are all made differently and will all respond differently to what we smoke. One of the TOP breeders we have has always said skunk #11 is his favourite. The guy that started Dutch Passion loves Euforia, a skunk strain (ps we think of skunk as type/family of weed like Haze, Northern Lights etc). Another guy has fallen in love with Durban Poison. One lad loves Orange Bud but can't smoke Isis as it fucks him up too much to think properly. We are ALL different but the world of canna allows for that. I guess each of our bodies responds differently to the unique cannabinoid profile of each strain.

For that very reason I never slate any strain simply because I didn't love it, I know someone else will have it as a favourite. I try not to get irritated when people say "that strain is shite fella" since I know that another person will enjoy it. That is also the reason why even in Amsterdam where you can get weed everywhere, the real pot-lovers still grow their own.

I think only sensi-seeds have been around longer than we have, and we take our weed seriously. SO thank you one and all. We will be here, doing our best to maintaine the legacy varieties, to develop new ones....and to come up with new innovations along the way

• Like 3

Have to admit I have had mixed results with DP seeds. Had a MasterKush back in the early 90s and was hands down one of the best plants I have ever grown. So strong. The clones grew like little mini xmas trees.

However grown both Blueberry and Strawberry Cough about 5/6 years ago and out of 20 female seeds, did not find a single keeper and was quite disappointed with the potency.

So was just wondering if the parant plants for your strains are the same as the were back in the early 90s? or have they been re-worked at some stage? I'd be very tempted to try Masterkush again, if the parents were still the same. Thanks tony

Welcome Dutch Passion,

I remember going to a the "Dutch Passion" shop in Amsterdam 1997 (err 97ish) it was amazing, more exciting than the coffeeshops somehow :stoned: , it might all have been a haze fired hallucination..... Thanks for keeping on with the regular seeds, while Fem seeds are great I'd really miss regular seeds if there we not available. In my experience DP seeds are excellent, your Flo is my favorite plant :wub:

Oh yeah! Purple Passion - Do you know the parents? Passion No.1 x Blueberry?

I know this is ancient history - a discontinued strain from a decade ago - but there are a few of us who would really like to know

Looks like your going to be busy here :guitar: have fun

hi man, Purple Passion was a cross between Passion#1 and Purple Star. ALthough it is discontinued you could always try to recreate it yourself, and if you were to try the best way would be to cross Passion#1 with Frisian Dew (Frisian being the offspring of a top Purple Star), good luck

Have to admit I have had mixed results with DP seeds. Had a MasterKush back in the early 90s and was hands down one of the best plants I have ever grown. So strong. The clones grew like little mini xmas trees.

However grown both Blueberry and Strawberry Cough about 5/6 years ago and out of 20 female seeds, did not find a single keeper and was quite disappointed with the potency.

So was just wondering if the parant plants for your strains are the same as the were back in the early 90s? or have they been re-worked at some stage? I'd be very tempted to try Masterkush again, if the parents were still the same. Thanks tony

Hello Halfatree and sorry for the delay, I was trying to get hold of a specific person for this question.

The good news is that MasterKush is most definitly unchanged. I have checked with the man himself. It is a 100% indica from hindu-kush and is one of those true-breeding varieties which make it the best type to maintain genetic integrity over the years. We never mixed it with a dash of sativa, or a hint of a different strain. That means there are no genetic pitfalls to catch you out.

So you should be in luck and see a good result if you grow her again. As you say she is notably good for clones, and will yield well in good conditions.

• Like 1

half a tree - here is a masterkush pic from our photocontest. Looks like a mediterranean grow from someone who knows how to grow bushes.

post-70468-0-50912200-1328529811_thumb.jpg