Welcome Dutch Passion to UK420

withnail

Weclome ( lol still game rules) DP not grown any DP strains yet but i have a pack of isis to try out later in the year welcome aboard folks.

Hazy :skin_up:

Cheers everyone, I have just posted an opening statement on another thread here. I had told withers thaht the first thing i wanted to formally do was just that.

I know we have had some stick in recent years, and much of that was with some justification. But we have worked had on the stuff that let people down and I hope to convince you all that we have taken the criticism onboard and have improved fem seed reliability. Autofems have been improved dramatically since the first generation versions that many were upset with.

If any of you have problems with our seeds then PM me and I will try to make it right. We are hear to listen and to support you. I also hope to show you some new stuff too, run more competitions and bring some fun to our lives.

So thanks to you all, I appreciate the kind words and will be doing my bit to make the life of the self-sufficient uk420 grower a little bit better if I can.

Edited by DutchPassionTony
  • Like 4

Welcome aboard DP :skin_up:

Quick question. How long is the flowering of Isis roughly?

DC1 :smokin:

Hi mate , Isis takes roughly 9 weeks indoors. Outdoors she takes until November and therefore is more of a southern europe outdoor choice

Currently growing a Mekong High, just flipped to 12/12 a couple days back, all good so far!

A thread on it wouldn't go amiss DP Tony, (hint, hint! :wassnnme: ) as there aren't a great deal of grow reports on it yet. I'd also be interested to know what area of Laos/Vietnam the genetics originate from, any idea Tony?

Hi Mekong, I am speaking to the guys in the greenhouse to see if I can get you any more detail on Mekong High. This link to a grow on our website may be interesting to you. I am not sure if I am allowed to link to our website, maybe we can as it is a help desk. Anyway here goes

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/strainstories/mekong-high/

...and yes, we should have more and better grow diaries of all our strains. That is one reason for the 'free seeds for a grow diary' competition which I will post a new thread for. If I get you more mekong info I will post it, good luck with her.

Our new website will eventually have a live button for a photo of the month which is free seeds of your choice each month for the winner so good luck with the grow and I hope you get some good bud, you should enjoy her.

Edited by DutchPassionTony
  • Like 1

Could you answer the Mazar questions brought up earlier please.

Penny.

Hi Penny, I am on it bro and will let you know.

Hi, and welcome.

<Rolls up sleeves> Right then....

:rofl:

No, only kiddin'! I have one question, about Mazar. I first grew this about ten years ago, it was a lovely smoke and was the very twin of Sensi' "Superskunk". But every time I have smoked it in the last five years, it has been very different and quite bland by comparison. Has the formula changed? I should add that I have exactly the same experience with Sensi's "Superskunk" - that too has changed totally for the worse over the last five years IME.

Hello Arnold, I have checked on this specific point for you. The guys feel very confident that it is the same now, though I respect your right to disagree with that. The breeder of that strain is a DP guy called Freddy, we have known him a looong time and we have had Mazar for such a long time, and have such experience with her that they feel sure she is the same. It is nearly all indica, no hybridisation that could have thrown us a genetic wobble, and inbred. Normally a very stable kind of variety.

Thanks for your reply Tony, which I am very happy to accept. I would not want to judge a whole strain on one or two bad experiences, and nature does like to throw curved balls at us :yes:

I'll put Maz back on my list of "To Grow Again" strains, and start the saving process lol

• Like 2