Sweet Seed Comp 2012: A 4-Way Cube

Budelaire

ScroG Net Methods

The next two plans are examples of the garden nets in 2D.

Traditional Garden Netting will be used., 1 Mtr Sqr per strain. Allowing 20x20 grids of 5cm squares

Logistically there are 3 main flower types I’m looking for. 4 x horizontal Plants that have been LST’d, Topped etc for 7 weeks and 9 taller plants for round the vertical nets that have been encourage to grow tall for 6 weeks before topping etc starts.

Horizontal Net - 4 x Ice Cool

Example1

gallery_61117_3938_103956.jpg

Once the 4 Bushes are created for the bottom I will lay them these horizontally and train Anti-clockwise towards the other square i.e/ 2 towards 1 anti clockwise]

This will continuen so that the plants in Square 2 feeds the majority of holes between Square 1 and its own Quarter shown by the Purple arrows and the lower nodes of Plant 2 will rise to fill the holes above the pot, shown by yellow arrows.

Therefore a mixture of main flower heads from an adjacent flower and lower nodes from the pot below will fill out to fill the quarters above.

This will be done at the very end week 7 veg onwards, once the rear vertical net is trained and the sides are nearly complete regards training.

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 1

Vertical Nets - 3x BlackJack, Jack 47 & Sweet Cheese

Example2

gallery_61117_3938_167824.jpg

Plant Types 2 & 3 will hopefully present themselves naturally in the form of two taller plants and a slightly shorter one of each of the 3 Vertical strains.

All Vegged up to 11ltrs again with topping starting once lofty enough to clear the horizontal net around the outside, They will be stripped down low to force production in the main growth area of the Vertical nets [sections 1-3] and also to clear sections 4/5, this initial growth is shown by the yellow arrows.

The shorter of the three (or a physically topped example) will sit in the middle and help fill the smaller middle piece [section 2] and any bits missed above the lower 4/5 areas and so that it assists in filling where the overspill from the horizontal ScroG net falls short, purple arrows.

Pretty simple stuff, just time consuming!

I will start with the Jack 47 nets at the back as I will need access whilst the Horizontal net isn’t in place and the 3 plants from the left and right are still moveable. Training and foresight is everything really.

Next the two side nets will be installed and plants fixed into place, Once they are adequately trained I will then move the 4 Ice Cool/LST’d plants from the separate veg area and then fix them to the horizontal net.

The final fixing will happen around end of week 7, an extra 3-4 days further veg should sort them out and make it all come together nicely and will take it to nearly 8 weeks veg.

Best of luck all.

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 2

Thanks DaChunky1

Forward planning is everything on this I suppose. I have just tackled a similar project, But using four spaces!

One way of looking at this project is it should hopefully create 4 ScoGs yield from 1 space and less light.

In essence it's a Micro Bedside Cabinet low watt HPS grow... Just on a larger scale. A maxi, micro grow.

I hope to only do these two competition diaries next year so this will hopefully be a years bud.

Thanks again

Budelaire.

Edited by Budelaire

Looking ace budy if all comes to plan then it gonna be awesome have bookmarked this one for sure.

Thanks L'Viva.

Competition is tough for sure!

It's win win for all though with this great comp.

:)

Edited by Budelaire

the 6 p's in effect stoner style :smokin:

good luck :guitar:

do you reckon this will only work with vertically hung bulbs like in the parabolic ?

• Like 1

Yes bare bulbs is a definite. I will use the two shown in the empty tent pic on page one. Thes two will go high up. One more will sit lower down, that one will use a totally naked E40 light fitting similar for hanging large output CFLs.

Thanks IsItTho? :guitar:

E2a: I'll also consider a 2up 2down bulb layout, all this depends on temps and growth on the cabinet. But a minimum of 1200w will be used.

:)

Edited by Budelaire

I've been reading through your other thread (The Last Stand) high attention to detail, very good read mate.

This one should be a nice grow, I like anything vert related :) Hope this turns out EPIC for you bro. Got my popcorn and looking forward to a great show!!

• Like 1

Thanks on both counts Peter!

It should come together well, It's going to be another long haul of a diary like The Last Stand as been, but contained into two zones!

The beauty of the ScroG is it irons out any generic difference really, they all fit behind/under a net so it's just a matter of going with the flow and doing your best. I want to start early as I don't want to fall short with veg time. More the merrier, they are all fairly s

Sat Dom at 50:50 being the highest indica ratio so they should fill then nets well, looking at others it seems there will be no complication except maybe individual feeding requiments as they will share feed so will need to find a comfortable blend come 12/12 once they are in the same tray.

Thank again and best of luck with yours pal

:king:

Package For Budelaire?

Nice to see the generosity over at Sweet Seeds continues! I received two extra Autos and a T-shirt that has formed the back drop for todays images! :rofl:

I accidentally ordered a three pack of Ice Cool :headpain: So i will either add a single seed from a 3rd party bank on my next order of whatever, or I may actually make it a 5-Way ScroG and add two Cream Caramels to the Horizontal Ice Cool net and roll with two of each in there... will be even more colourful i suppose! :D

The whole Sweet Seeds Lot up 1st

gallery_61117_3938_198826.jpg

The Three freebie strains :yahoo:

gallery_61117_3938_672205.jpg

The two I like the look of and gladly added to the line up.

gallery_61117_3938_111180.jpg

and here we have Bean macros of the 5 photo-period lines, in alphabetical order.

BlackJack

gallery_61117_3938_216279.jpg

Cream Caramel

gallery_61117_3938_195010.jpg

Ice Cool

gallery_61117_3938_591775.jpg

Jack 47

gallery_61117_3938_591089.jpg

Sweet Cheese

gallery_61117_3938_712651.jpg

• Like 3