Hiphip's Hooray.

Hiphip

gallery_54925_3127_3162.jpg

Hola. Welcome to Hiphip’s Sweetseeds Diary Competition entry.

A MASSIVE thanks to all involved in giving us the opportunity to grow out some fantastic genetics and the chance to win such amazing prizes. We are all winners in this contest.

There are some incredible diaries already on the go, the standard rises each year, and I feel honoured that my first diary is amongst such worthy contestants. GOOD LUCK ALL.

My strains are;

JACK47, SWEET TAI and PSCICODELICIA. Here’s some info taken from the Strain guide.

JACK 47.

Lot number 88.Date,13 Jul 2011.

This super hybrid is the result of crossing two of the strongest varieties of all times, Jack Herer and AK-47.

Our stud, AK-47, was specially selected for its great yield and strong effect. Jack Herer the other half of the cross is the same elite clone used in our Black Jack which some of you already know.

Jack 47 is a super yielding plant with demolishing effects combining the best qualities of both progenitors in one genetic variation. The plant possesses extraordinary vigour which translates into large buds with a great abundance of resin even in the accompanying leaves.

The aromas and flavours of the variety are sweet and scented inherited from our mother Jack Herer.

We would highlight that this variety offers great resistance to fungus attacks bearing in mind the size and density of the buds produced by this variety.

Due to the genetic freshness and hybrid vigour of this plant it is apt for all types of cultivation. Its extraordinary vigour produces strong and health cuttings which in optimum conditions can take root very quickly, even in 7 days.

This variety is not recommended for new consumers.

Indian /Sativa: 25%-75%

Production: Maximum

Interior Blooming: 9 and a half weeks

Exterior Blooming: end of October

THC: 18-24% CBD: 1,6% CBN: 0,5

PSICODELICIA

Lot number 10.Date,08 Jul 2011.

A cross-bred plant cutting coming from United States and a Nepali plant whose spiced aroma remains one of the places where coffee is toasted, mainly of the sativa strain with a very short flowering time, nine weeks only, giving generous and dense buds coated with resin. Very stimulant 'high' characteristic of the sativa strain and a highly productive plant.

Its aroma its very different from others self-grown genetic varieties, having a fresh and citric aroma and Asian spiced coffee scent that together form a soft and delicate sativa flavour. Being a Sativa, its 'high' is energetic, clear and exciting, ideal for producing artistic and creative work, it suits hempters who want to fill up its indoor of mainly sativa genetic because of its high productivity and short flowering period.

Indica/Sativa: 30%-70%.

Indoor production: 400-600 gr/m..

Oudoor production: 350-700 gr/plant.

THC: 15-20% CBD: 0,9% CBN: 0,5%

Indoor flowering: 8-9 weeks.

Outdoor harvest: end September, beginning October

Whenever I think of Thailand I think of Tai Sticks and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWmqfyE4M6o

SWEET TAI.

lot number 88. Date,13 Jul 2011.

Fantastic cross-bred between our Super Tai and an Early Skunk, as a result we obtain a very tasty deep spiced exotic flavour typical of Asian varieties. The Early Skunk crossbreeding shortens flowering period, giving more dense and resinous buds and compact structure adapted for indoor growing.

Produces a very active 'cerebral high'.

1st Winner outdoor Xapelketa Outdoor 06 (Andoain).

1º y 2ª Mention 'Trofeo del Plata 06'

Indica/Sativa: 30%-70%.

Indoor production: 350-450 gr/m

Outdoor production: 300-500 gr/plant

THC: 10-18% CBD: 0,8% CBN: 0,4%

Indoor flowering: 9 weeks.

Outdoor harvest: end of September, beginning of October.

I will be germinating 5 seeds, via the paper towel method. The 5 are 2 of the TAI, 2 of the PSIC and 1 Jack. Once a 5 -10 mm tap root is visible I will place them into ROOTiT coco pellets under a 125W CFL (Blue) and veg until the 1st of January. This gives a Veg period of 5 weeks, allowing for the first week not being counted and a bloom period of 9 -10 weeks . I will then germinate the remainder of the seeds. By doing this I shall be able to show the difference between a 5 week veg period and a 10 week veg period.

I will be using CANNA COCO Professional and all nutrients used will be PLANT MAGIC (Softwater) COCO GROW AND BLOOM, Bloom Boost and root stimulant as and when needed.

Veg room dimensions are 70cm wide by 70cm high by 80cm deep.

Bloom tent is a DR 90 with a 400w HPs. More details as and when required.

Dates for my diary.

19/11/11. Germinate 5 seeds.

26/11/11. Week 0.

24/12/11. Germinate remaining 4 seeds.

31/12/11. Week 5 of veg. Place 5 plants into Bloom area in 11Lt square pots. Week 0 of second batch.

10/03/12. 10 weeks of Bloom for the first batch and 10 weeks veg for the second.

19/05/12. 10 weeks of Bloom for the second batch in .15Lt square pots.

02/06/12. End of competition. Smoke reports,photos' et al. will be added as we go along.

Glengettie and filtered Javan, chocolate digestives, and my better half’s lime cheesecake are available for consumption and a jar of SLH and Ganesh Spirit are there to enjoy.

Again. Good luck to ALL and thanks for reading.

• Like 3

Hello Hiphip! Welcome to the contest!

Hope you enjoy your sweet as much as I'm sure they'll enjoy your dedication to them :yep:

I'll spread a couple of roots around here so I can watch this from very close ;)

Good luck mate, sweet regards,

tommy

Hey HipHip,

Welcome to the competition :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the second batch, just before the chop, I think they'll have some serious buds :smoke:

Bonga :bong:

Hey HipHip,

Welcome to the competition :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the second batch, just before the chop, I think they'll have some serious buds :smoke:

Bonga :bong:

Cheers Bongaman. I'm scared thinking about my stupidity :russian:

Thanks for the kind words stonecold, se7en and beanpopper. You have to have music.

UPDATE.

48 Hours after starting the process all 5 seeds have split and are showing their taproots.

gallery_54925_3127_34241.jpg

They have all been placed in a ROOTiT expanding pellet.

gallery_54925_3127_33983.jpg

Like this,

gallery_54925_3127_929.jpg

and placed in a propogator where they will remain for the next 10 days minimum.

gallery_54925_3127_19653.jpg

Next update will be when life shows above ground. Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

ENJOY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxR0JY-FMh8

• Like 3

Cheers Mr Rhino and Chilli. Chilli, I was going to see them on that tour. Sadly missed them and have never got around to seeing them. YET.

UPDATE. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

All 5 have now broken cover and are on the way. :yahoo:

All under a 125w Maxibright CFL. 24 hours until they have settled in, probably another 2 days.

gallery_54925_3127_45346.jpg

The Tai's are going at great speed.

Tai 1

gallery_54925_3127_49778.jpg

Tai 2

gallery_54925_3127_1566.jpg

The JACK 47.

Sadly a single birth, no twins here :rofl:

gallery_54925_3127_50628.jpg

Psic 1is in the background as you can see.

Psicodelicia.

Psic 1 is forging ahead.

gallery_54925_3127_35378.jpg

Psic 2 is looking bed-bound though. The seed casing stuck, but since the photo I have freed it so fingers crossed. :blub:

gallery_54925_3127_374.jpg

Having looked through the diaries so far entered and I have to say that the standard this year is much higher than in previous years. Well done to everyone so far.

Enojy

Cheers for reading. :yinyang:

• Like 1

Cheers Se7en.

Update.

It is now the end of week -1. Week zero has arrived.

Sweet Tai 1. This lady seems to be the fastest of the two.

gallery_54925_3127_6589.jpg

Sweet Tai 1 and 2.

gallery_54925_3127_43725.jpg

Jack 47 and Psic 1.

gallery_54925_3127_62714.jpg

Little baddy Psic 2. This one is still going, although there are no visible roots. She needs some TLC.

gallery_54925_3127_33490.jpg

They will spend another 2 or 3 days like this until they are placed into their first pot. Temperature is warm, humidity is present. They are still having plain water at the moment I'll wait until their settled into their new home first.

Next update will be then.

Cheers for reading. :smokin:

Enjoy.