Serpents Sweet Seeds Auto & Photo Comp Diary

Serpent

gallery_57657_3504_47468.jpg

.:| Serpents Sweet Seeds Competition Diary 2011/2012 |:.

Firstly I’d like to say a huge thanks to Sweet Seeds, Tommy, Joolz and everyone else involved in helping make this competition happen, good luck to everyone who is entering and best of all you’ll get some nice smoke for your troubles :yep:

Right, on to the grow, I’m going to have a stab at an Auto & Photo grow (again!) & hopefully it’ll be a bit more successful than the last, so here’s the strains I plan on growing out with their lot number and description.

gallery_57657_3504_101217.jpg

.:| Black Jack Auto |:.

LOT: 606 – 03 Mar 2011

Autoflowering new version of our Black Jack. Result of crossing our S.A.D. Auto Auto with our Jack Herer. Automatic superior quality, dense buds and copious resin production, intense aroma and sweet incense, flowering quick, strong and great hybrid vigor effect.

The r-evolution of autoflowering reached the end of flowering these plants reach the same resinous and desirable than non-sisters autoflowering.

100% autoflowering

THC: 19%

CBD: 1.1% CBN: 0.3%

Indoor Prod.: 400-550g/m2

Outdoor Prod : 40-250g/planta

Indoor Blooming: 6 weeks

Indoor/Outdoor Harvest : 9 weeks from germination

Height: 40-110 cm

.:| Cream Caramel Auto |:.

LOT: 863 – 19 Jun 2011

No description available for the auto version, but here’s what Sweet Seeds say about the photoperiod Cream Caramel and I think most of us will have seen these being grown on this here forum...

A synthetic variety (S.V.) result of a three way cross-bred between our best indicas BlueBlack x Maple Leaf Indica x White Rhino. The synthetic varieties share with hybridised varieties an objective to obtain the vigour of a hybrid and to give homogeneity to its descendents.

Its taste is intense and sweet like caramel as is the indica strain with a hint of an earthy flavour that comes from the presence of the Blue genetic.

.:| Ice Cool |:.

LOT: 86 – 10 Jun 2011

Sweet Seeds Ice Cool are an upgrade hybrid of the most appreciated cannabis strains, a NYC Diesel and a variety of Indian genetics. They are agreed to have an enormous potency and a high production of a super strong marijuana with rare exotic aroma and taste.

Feminized cannabis seeds of this cannabis are mostly sativa and show all attributes of this variety. They take a bit longer than their indica counter partner to germinate, but once sprouted, go into a fast and robust grow. They are suitable for both indoor and outdoor cultivation and develop eye-appealing plants with a typical sativa look - tall and elegant, this marijuana plants can reach height of 20 feet in a single season. Once flowering has begun, Ice Cool can take anywhere from 10 to 16 weeks to fully mature. Flowers are richly covered in crystal with dense consistency usually along a main stem with a high flower to leaf ratio. Her narrow leaves of a light green colour have less chlorophyll and more accessory pigments (accessory pigments protect the plant from excessive sunlight).

Yields of Ice Cool cannabis are strongly influenced by indica genes, her plants produce plenty of sites of dense and resinous buds which seem to take any gap they can find. An average 500 gr. of marijuana of the best quality is almost always guaranteed. Samples growing inside show respond well to any kind of growing methods and require only a basic knowledge of cannabis growing.

Ice Cool marijuana is said to be one of the most powerful, her sativa's higher THC (22%) than CBD equals cerebral, soaring type of high, more energetic which can stimulate brain activity and may produce hallucinations, so should be used with caution.

.:| Jack 47 |:.

LOT: 88 – 13 Jun 2011

This super hybrid is the result of crossing two of the strongest varieties of all times, Jack Herer and AK-47.

Our stud AK-47 was specially selected for its great yield and strong effect. Jack Herer the other half of the cross is the same elite clone used in our Black Jack which some of you already know.

Jack 47 is a super yielding plant with demolishing effects combining the best qualities of both progenitors in one genetic variation. The plant possesses extraordinary vigour which translates into large buds with a great abundance of resin even in the accompanying leaves. The aromas and flavours of the variety are sweet and scented inherited from our mother Jack Herer.

We would highlight that this variety offers great resistance to fungus attacks bearing in mind the size and density of the buds produced by this variety. Due to the genetic freshness and hybrid vigour of this plant it is apt for all types of cultivation: hydro, bio... Its extraordinary vigour produces strong and health cuttings which in optimum conditions can take root very quickly, even in 7 days.

This variety is not recommended for new consumers.

Indica / Sativa: 25%-75% THC: 18%-24% CBD: 1,6% CBN: 0,5%

Indoor Yield: 500-600 gr/m2 Outdoor Yield: Maximum.

Indoor Blooming: 9 and a half weeks. Outdoor Harvest: End of October.

.:| Grow Info |:.

.:| Vegging – MicroBox |:.

• Mylar Lined PC case
  • 3x 23w CFL’s
  • PC Fans for intake/exhaust

I’ve had a couple of folk ask me for a photo of my microbox showing the setup & airflow, so what better place to put one than here.

gallery_57657_3504_59940.jpg

.:| Flowering - Tent |:.

• DR60 60x60x140
  • 250w Dual Spec HPS & Euro Reflector
  • 4” Ruck Fan & Rhino Carbon Filter

.:| Soil & Nutes |:.

Plant Magic products across the board again and I’ll be using...

• Plant Magic Soil Supreme
  • Plant Magic Oldtimer Grow/Bloom
  • Plant Magic Bio-Silicon
  • Plant Magic Granules at potting up

gallery_57657_3504_62586.jpg

.:| The Grand Plan |:.

The plan is to start the auto’s off 1st keeping them on 18/6 till harvest, at around 4 weeks I’ll crack the Ice Cool & Jack 47 which I’ll start off in the microbox then on 1st pot up I’ll put them in the tent so they should get a few weeks of veg on 18/6 and when the auto’s have finished, I’ll flick the switch to 12/12 to flower the photo’s.

Well that’s the plan and like everything else, it could very well end in disaster :D

.:| Germination |:.

On Sun 6th Nov I put 2x Black Jack Auto’s and 2x Cream Caramel Auto’s into a glass of water to soak, I was initially only going to leave these 12-24 hours, but after a dreaded case of man flu, they stayed in the water for 4 days, by which time, all 4 had cracked and were showing little tails :D

So on the morning of Thurs 10th Nov, I put the seeds (carefully!!) into 0.5 litre pots in pre-wetted Plant Magic Soil, covered them with a sprinkle of soil, wetted some more, covered with clingfilm and put them in my microbox under 24 hour lights and here’s a pic of all the girls settling in to their new home.

gallery_57657_3504_138905.jpg

.:| Day #1 – 24 Hour Lights |:.

On the morning of Sat 12th Nov, all 4 were poking their heads above the soil so we’ll call this Day #1, 1 of the Black Jacks and 1 of the Cream Caramels had a little human help with removing their seed shell, whereas the other 2 weren’t quite ready but we’ll call this 100% germ rate :yahoo:

And here’s some pics of Day #1.

gallery_57657_3504_10773.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_120960.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_8713.jpg

.:| Day #2 – 24 Hour Lights |:.

Well they survived the night and are all now reaching for the light, last night I helped remove the seed shell from the remaining Black Jack and CC, also CC#2 still had a bit of the shell membrane stuck to her 1st set of leave, so I carefully removed that as well. They also had a little bit of stretch over night as well so this morning I topped up the soil a little to help support them and gave them all a feed of water through a spray bottle.

Other than that, all’s good at the moment and here’s some pics from this morning.

gallery_57657_3504_148556.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_42128.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_20762.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, good luck everyone who’s entering the comp and most of all keep it green :hippy:

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 6

Nice start mate :yep:

Funnily enough I've just been putting my own OP together. I'll not be far behind you (although I haven't germed mine yet)

Hey man tidy start dude :) Looking forward to seeing what you can do with these, you know these autos well now :guitar:

Good luck man, and all the best :spliff:

G

:kewlpics:

Cheers Scumbag

hey ups serpent!

Nice to see you in the comp! may your ladies do well.

Off to a good start as usual.

All the best for the comp mate :)

buggsy

Thanks Buggsy and likewise, good luck yourself

Nice start mate :yep:

Funnily enough I've just been putting my own OP together. I'll not be far behind you (although I haven't germed mine yet)

Cheers ED and good luck with getting your Comp grow on

nice to c am goin to pop some bluecheese seed in a couple off weeks just got to prep me veg room :guitar:

Thanks waldo and good luck cracking your beans

Hey man tidy start dude :) Looking forward to seeing what you can do with these, you know these autos well now :guitar:

Good luck man, and all the best :spliff:

G

Thanks Gland and yeah I've grown out a few Sweet Seeds auto's since the last comp, but as we all know, disaster can just be round the corner.

Setting the bar high for those of us yet to start. :yahoo: Cheers Serp.

Looking nice AGAIN mate.

BTW. Them BJ Autos are lovely. Did really well outdoors for me.

Cheers

About bloody time Serpent lol. How u man, well i hope :wink:

Crackin start and some nice pic's. Booked my season ticket for this grow lol

have fun man

peace :hippy:

thats a great start!

long it last ...

all the best mate!

Thanks for stopping by 7

Setting the bar high for those of us yet to start. :yahoo: Cheers Serp.

Looking nice AGAIN mate.

BTW. Them BJ Autos are lovely. Did really well outdoors for me.

Cheers

Thanks HH and good to hear the BJ's did well outdoors

all the best bud :yinyang:

Cheers Poacher

nice start gd luck man :yinyang:

Thanks for stopping by blazer

About bloody time Serpent lol. How u man, well i hope :wink:

Crackin start and some nice pic's. Booked my season ticket for this grow lol

have fun man

peace :hippy:

lol I had to finish off my other grow 1st, but the balls now rolling