Serpents Sweet Seeds Auto & Photo Comp Diary

Serpent

Man this grow diary was truely spectacular :wink:

I don't usualy go for autoflowering strains but after seeing this diary i am converted

Happy growing :smokin:

Heya Autoserps tis been a while since i checked in here (swapping isp offline for a while) and i come back to find you grower of the month nice one mate you deserve that one enjoy the fruits of the proverbial my man.

Hazy :skin_up:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

.:| Cream Caramel Auto - Reflection & Smoke Report |:.

OK, this is a long time overdue, but finally here’s my Cream Caramel Auto reflection & smoke report.

As some of you know, I’ve grown this strain out a few times over the last year or so, it fast became my favourite auto and you’ll be pleased to here, for the moment, it’s kept it’s crown.

.:| The Grow |:.

This grow, although straight forward, did seem to throw up a couple of different phenos from what I’m usually used to, more so with CC #2 as she was a bit taller with a slightly different structure than previous grows, but apart from getting a little too tall for my liking, she grew without any major problems.

Both had no LST or supercropping, and the only leaves trimmed were dead or dying leaves.

Yield was pretty good as well with 62 grams from CC#1 and 57 grams off CC #2 of dried buds so both exceeding the 2oz mark :yahoo:

.:| The Buds |:.

The buds were in no way as frosty as the Black Jacks from the same grow, but the smell was amazing, musky with a sweet aroma and the longer they were in the jars, the sweeter it became, almost with a hint of caramel, so you can see where the name came from.

The nugs were also a lot denser than the Black Jacks, which probably accounts for the greater yield but the Black Jacks looked like they had more potential to destroy your soul :D

.:| The Smoke |:.

Although the plants looked slightly different, the smoke and high was relatively similar and as we finished the Black Jack before we got stuck into the Cream Caramel, she had a bit of time in the jars to cure which I think helped her to be really smooth both smoked in a spliff (with tobacco) and vaped.

She’s also got a real nice taste, not too irritating or tickly on the throat with a sweet earthy flavour which got stronger, the longer it was in the jars.

.:| The High |:.

Not a too dissimilar to the Black Jack’s with the high, but then they are both indica dominant strains so it’s expected, I would say though the Cream Caramel’s although not strictly stronger, it does seem a bit more intense as it creeps into your system which certainly locks you to the couch while bringing on severe munchies :D

.:| Evaluation |:.

• Bud Aroma: 9/10
  • Bud Appearance:7/10
  • Bud Density: 8/10
  • Trich Visibility: 7/10
  • Smoke Taste: 9/10
  • Smoke High: 9/10
  • Total Yield: 9/10
  • Ease Of Cultivation: 9/10

Result: 67/80 or 83.75%

The Cream Caramel just edges it over the Black Jack, it’s let down slightly by the bud appearance and that the visibility of the trichs weren’t as predominant, but more than made up for it in taste, high and yield.

Would I Grow This Strain Again: Yes

Would I Recommend This Strain: Yes

Now here’s a couple of photos...

gallery_57657_3504_134329.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_104356.jpg

And I thought I’d share a photo of the kief we got out of the grinder from the Black Jack’s and Cream Caramels, don’t think I’ve ever managed to save as much as this up which I think will go into making some Canna Butter :yahoo:

gallery_57657_3504_111365.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_133990.jpg

Well I think this draws this diary to a close, overall I’ve been really happy with it, I got around 7 – 7 ½ oz from 4 plants, we made some space brownies and cookies, I’ve got a load of kief, it’s kept me incredibly stoned and also helped to get me grower of the month, so thanks once again to all those that voted for me :D

The negative side to the grow was having problems getting the photoperiod strains started, I really think it was down to temperature being a bit low as we were going through a real cold snap at the time. It's also the worst germ rate I’ve ever had so I'm certain the problem was pointing at me rather than genetics. Luckily Sweet Seeds came to the rescue with the 3rd gen auto strains and a very valuable lesson was learnt!

I’d also like to say another huge thanks to Tommy, Sweet Seeds and UK 420 for making this competition possible.

Over & out and keep it green y’all, it's been fun :hippy:

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 8

Only just managed to catch up on this diary, nice smoke reports and both sounding great. :yep:

Brilliant diary mate, an easy pleasant reading.

All the best mate.

Thanks Amnesia & I know the feeling mate, life is still as hectic here so not been able to get on here much and I really do need to catch up on everyone's diaries!

• 1 month later...

Nicely done serps as always a tidy result from yourself there and your kief looks sweet as.

Atb dude.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely done serps as always a tidy result from yourself there and your kief looks sweet as.

Atb dude.

Sorry Harry, only just seen this comment and thanks man :yep:

• Like 1