This ere Monkey gone coco for some Sweet Seeds.

Guest Viva

Guest La Viva Sativa

Enviroment Update

Hey there well im just tinkering with the groom at the moment try diff settings out with the controller and think ive got it pretty much good at moment, The lights on as you see are 26-28.C slight movement in temps but thats just because the ambient temperature outside has been varying as it been quite warm today as you notice yesterday lights out temp wer 19-20.C and the Oil Rad came on jus the once wer as the lights out temps today wer a lil higher around 21-22.C and the rad never came on at all as ull notice that there is no spike in the temps which indicates the oil rad coming on.(S wish temps outside stay like this for a while as saves leccy lol). but over all im pretty happy with the enviro ull prob notice that the R/H is reasonable good around 50% goes a lot higher lights out but a jus leave the humidfier running constant as ma test cuts are lloving the high R/H.

Controller settings: Fan min idle 40%

Fan max speed 100%

Heater low temp on 20.C(Fan runs at min setpoint while heater on)

Lights on temp 27.C

R/H 70%

post-49400-0-79953100-1316890118_thumb.png

Well that about it till a put test cuts in flower which ill be testing the Temps and R/H again just to see how often the oil rad is being used and how stable the 12 hour dark period temps and R/H are.

Stay safe and take care folks. :yinyang:

Edited by La Viva Sativa

Guest La Viva Sativa

Hey Viva, cool setup, looking forward to your grow to come.

cheers for the kind words troy buddy and all the best with yours mate. :yinyang:

Guest La Viva Sativa

Cheers bean buddy yeah a try pack as much deatail in as possible as if a put all in here then helps me remember things and can always look back. :yinyang:

Good plan man , I seem to have scraps of paper strewn out everywhere with notes and figures scrawled on them. No wonder i get mixed up :smokin:

Keep up the good work .

Guest La Viva Sativa

Yeah buddy we all stoners so its easy to forget shit so in the meen time till a get a chance to update ma diary i use one these:

post-49400-0-78508900-1317135269_thumb.jpg

ps check the other diary ive started in my sig its basically a test grow for the sweet seeds as its new enviro and medium for me give ya little idea how things gonna happin in here over the next few months.

Stay safe and take care bro. :yinyang:

Hey Viva, cool setup, looking forward to your grow to come.

cheers for the kind words troy buddy and all the best with yours mate. :yinyang:

Cheers all good so far :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest La Viva Sativa

Enviroment update

Hi there fellow sweet seeder's, Well since the ambient temperatures have dropped outside the groom temps have dropped rappid lights on has droopped to 23-24.C and was having to run the oil rad lights on which is totally pointless as im running more power wi the rad than i am with the light so i have ordered a 1kw ballast and lamp to run through the winter so now the sweet seeds be getting 1kw of sun lights on instead of 600w's and will help keep the temps up as my fan only running at 35% at the moment to help wi the temps sayin that the girls in the trial run at the moment are looking lush(check other diary in my sig) i have also altered the feeding tray as ive purchased a Danish Tray so now i jus let the run off flow out the tray and into a bucket no more messing about.

My lux meter has arrived so i have been taking a few readings jus to see whats happin in the groom and going by the readings my light is slightly off centre but aint to bad but wil adjust it.

I took all the test clones out and gave them a good neeming so while i was doing this i thought id get some readings on the lux meter.

Lamp distance from tray is 24" as this is as low as i could get the lamp on the eazi rollers & Lamp is 600w M/h (soon to be a kw sont + lamp) measurements are all taken in Lux units.

below is some info on light and what the terms lummens and Lux meen.

1. What is light?

Light is electromagnetic radiation, and may be interpreted as either a wave or a particle: thus the phrase wave/particle duality. It exhibits phenomena that may be explained by its wavelike characteristics - interference, for example - while also demonstrating some that are best explained by its particle-like properties - such as the photoelectric effect.

Treating light like a particle, a light source emits many light particles called photons. These are distinguishable by ONE unique property - their energy. When treating light like a wave, this is referred to as the wavelength, and is visible to us as a difference in color.

The main point is this: photons of the same energy (wavelength, color) from different sources, for example MH, HPS, CFL, T5, etc. are THE SAME.

2. What is light intensity?

Light intensity is simply the flux of photons per unit area per unit time. More photons means increased intensity. That's it.

3. What do lumens, lux, and foot-candles mean?

*Lumen:

This is the unit that defines "luminous flux", which is "radiant flux" (energy emission) adjusted for the sensitivity of the human eye. In the context of a light bulb, it is a measure of the total number of photons being emitted by the bulb (summed over all directions), adjusted for the sensitivity of the human eye to different photon energies.

What this means is that different colors are weighted differently according to a "luminosity function" that describes the sensitivity of our eyes. You can see this function and a more detailed description here.

*Lux, foot-candles:

The lux is simply defined as the number of lumens per second incident upon one square meter. In other words, it is the number of photons striking a finite area per unit time, weighted by the luminosity function described above.

The foot-candle is a derivative unit that is equal to 10.76 lux. It was defined based on the square foot, so the conversion is simply based on an area conversion.

post-49400-0-32892000-1318231131_thumb.jpg

Readings

Well that it for the time being be end the month b4 ma seeds are started so until then ill be jus surfing through the rest of the cracking diaries until then stay safe and take care 420er's.

Edited by La Viva Sativa

Hey viva, good decision on the 1Kw , i would never use anything else now apart from in early veg. I use the century ballast as you can use the same connector and they distribute the heat better and are repairable unlike the sealed compact ballast. Will you get a MH lamp and a son T ? I like having both, You have one for veg and early flowering then.

Can you add a bit of chain to the ezy rollers to make them a bit longer ?, thats what I do as they have got a bit short from cutting off knots.

Never thought too much about buying a lux meter , do you think they are useful ? i'm always looking for new kit :)

Troy

Guest La Viva Sativa

Hey viva, good decision on the 1Kw , i would never use anything else now apart from in early veg. I use the century ballast as you can use the same connector and they distribute the heat better and are repairable unlike the sealed compact ballast. Will you get a MH lamp and a son T ? I like having both, You have one for veg and early flowering then.

Can you add a bit of chain to the ezy rollers to make them a bit longer ?, thats what I do as they have got a bit short from cutting off knots.

Never thought too much about buying a lux meter , do you think they are useful ? i'm always looking for new kit :)

Troy

Yeah buddy cant wait till it gets here save me money and give me more bud in replace of the extra power, i have just ordered The philips son t+ lamp and im gonna get the philips kw mh lamp for the sweet seeds in a few weeks but they will be started under the t5s to start with then 2 weeks veg under the 1000w mh and 2 weeks stretch under the mh then flip.

The ezi rollers aint a problem spec wen the 1kw goes in as the pot and plant be over a 12" and i wont get the plants closer than 14" in the grostar with the kw lamp.

The lux meter is just a lil gadget( a love groom gadgets im a sucker a know lol) but it does actually help get your height of your light and the postion of the refector bang on plus anything that helps me get in the top 10 in the comp is an advantage huh :wink:

Cheers for popin in iv justed neemed ma girls and need to go have a bath am smellin of rotten onions lol

Stay safe and happy growin bro :yinyang::skin_up:

Guest La Viva Sativa

cheers seven buddy, mind take it easy on me as im a noob grower wi coco lol, i got a wee trial diary running (its in ma sig) gives a wee sample of whats to come and if a finish in the top 10 wi loads bud then ill be a happy chappy. :yinyang:

Not... i wanna win bring it on lol.... best of luck in the comp. :smokin:

Troy

Yeah buddy cant wait till it gets here save me money and give me more bud in replace of the extra power, i have just ordered The philips son t+ lamp and im gonna get the philips kw mh lamp for the sweet seeds in a few weeks but they will be started under the t5s to start with then 2 weeks veg under the 1000w mh and 2 weeks stretch under the mh then flip.

The ezi rollers aint a problem spec wen the 1kw goes in as the pot and plant be over a 12" and i wont get the plants closer than 14" in the grostar with the kw lamp.

The lux meter is just a lil gadget( a love groom gadgets im a sucker a know lol) but it does actually help get your height of your light and the postion of the refector bang on plus anything that helps me get in the top 10 in the comp is an advantage huh :wink:

Cheers for popin in iv justed neemed ma girls and need to go have a bath am smellin of rotten onions lol

Stay safe and happy growin bro :yinyang::skin_up:

cheers for the reply, looking forward to upcoming instalments and good luck in the comp, rock on

some ma other bits and pieces

post-49400-0-59747200-1316462644_thumb.jpg

sunmaster mh(veg) philips sont+ lamps

post-49400-0-54573700-1316462692_thumb.jpg

Data logger,string,cutting sheers,coir jiffy pellets for lil ones,

post-49400-0-48923300-1316462710_thumb.jpg

memory board until i get chance to update on the jungle.

Does the data loger still work the fans etc,or is it data only ? CR