Weedmonsta`s Full Auto Fems

Guest weedmonsta

Guest weedmonsta

All three seeds have now been planted in small white plastic cups filled with pre-warmed(bit warmer than room temp) multi-purpose compost.

I made a hole about 5 mm deep, by pulling compost out rather than pushing in with something (in my case a pencil).

I think this will leave the compost around the seed less compact.

Then I covered in the hole and gently pressed the compost to bed it in, then watered with about 30 ml of warmed water..again gently so as to not compact the compost.

post-26220-0-50311200-1322787711_thumb.jpg

I have as part of my vegging cupboard a drawer which because of the cfl gets warm, this is where I have put the cups to await the next few days. Warmth Darkness and moist compost..just what the plants need to start their short but fruitful lives :yep:

Edited by weedmonsta
  • Like 3

Guest weedmonsta

6th December

Big devil and fast bud have successfully germinated and are both just breaking the surface, no sign of the Speed Devil yet, soon they will open their first little leaves and start enjoying the 125w cfl light. They will be under it for a few days to a week until I think they are hardy enough to be put under the 400w high pressure sodium.

7th December

The speed devil has sprouted now, so that's 3 out of 3 again for sweetseeds.

No food or water yet, the compost is still moist, all 3 seedlings are now under the 125w cfl.

2 of the 3 (fastbud and big devil had a bit of trouble shedding their empty seed cases but look ok, just small :P

Photos are #1 Speed Devil, #2 Fastbud, #3 Big Devil.

post-26220-0-37212500-1323269286_thumb.jpg

post-26220-0-39618100-1323269288_thumb.jpg

post-26220-0-57431400-1323269290_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Weedmonsta!!

So, finally your babies are coming to life, uh? Hope they all keep sprouting well ;) I'll spread a few roots around here also to keep checking your ladies once in a while.

Good luck with them :yep:

Sweet regards,

tommy

Guest weedmonsta

i cant believe it all 3 seedlings are dead, it looks like something in the compost ate the taproots :( time to get some fresh compost and plant another 3 seeds...... there will be a slight delay to my diary but ill get it back on track as soon as possible

• Like 1

Sorry to know about that mate :unsure:

Yep, I also thing the main suspect is the compost, so it's good to know you're going to do it now with a new one ;)

Good luck with the new babies my friend, keep it sweet! :yep:

tommy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest weedmonsta

Hi,

After the misfire in the first lot I had to put the diary on hold.... but now I have bought some new multi purpose compost.. the seedlings looked like their roots had been munched off in the other compost I had...it'll be going in the garden now...

Well just letting you know I have just this moment planted 3 replacement seeds so I can carry on with my diary, I will post pics when they break the surface...

:guitar: Thanks to sweetseeds for the 3rd gen seeds, ill look forward to trying them :yep::guitar:

Edited by weedmonsta