Lighting Requirements And Area Calculator

mickle

quote: "(calculation assumes single point light source of 1 light to 1 plant)" ;)

You're getting that x2 overall, though it's unlikely your plants are getting equal amounts of lumens from each bulb due to positioning.

:yinyang:

Z.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just used it! Thanks, Just a helpful hint tho, the source is visible and readable, SO can i make myself a windows app using your code, obviously not php script i would just translate into my chosen language, but i would rather gain your permission for such a thing then just take. If not that's cool i respect others hard work :D

Thanks in advance mickle

• 3 months later...

55 watts per square foot is optimal if irrc..

A question of my own if anyone can help...

What is the sum to calculate the number of air changes a specific fan gives a specific area? ie if my fan pulls 360m2 per hour though my 1.2*1.2*2m tent how many changes per minute does that equate too?

Im sure this is simple math but for some reason the old grey matter is failing me to day!

Cheers Dodge

Guest La Viva Sativa

L X B X H. X 20 bro that's to work out the correct air exchanges for your areaI usually go 50% more on the fan and use controller to alter speeds

Edited by La Viva Sativa
  • Like 1

What is the sum to calculate the number of air changes a specific fan gives a specific area? ie if my fan pulls 360m2 per hour though my 1.2*1.2*2m tent how many changes per minute does that equate too?

Im sure this is simple math but for some reason the old grey matter is failing me to day!

Cheers Dodge

Volume = 2.88 cubic metres.

Air changes/min = 360/(2.88x60)

About 2 or 3 per minute, more like 2.

• Like 2

Yes viv! that's to calculate the minimum requirement tho right bro?

Ok brains kicking in now....

1.2 x 1.2 x 2 =2.88 cubic metres. fan speed is 380 cubic metres an hour minus 20% for filter gives 304..

so 304 / 2.88 = 105.5 / 60 = 1.75

If my dodgee maths ain't to dodgee that's nearly 2 complete airchanges a minute? right?

Probs be ok to turn her down a bit when the cold really kicks in..

Nice1 dodge

e2a nice1 bill! shows how slow i type! i got there in the end tho lol

Edited by dodgee5

• 1 month later...

Cheers Dodge

55w of what? 4 x 250w lamps would give twice the usable light than 1 x 1000w

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi I'm sorry but I have looked and searched, I'm just trying understand how many lumens/watts is ideal for a plant? Ive always gone by 90-110w per plant as this is what I was taught along time ago but after speaking to fellow gardeners who all disagree with me but also with each other I'm a tad confused.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I posted an earlier thread about Bud candy and additives for flowering. In that post I told everyone what setup I had just in case it affected anything. When some one saw the lights I was using he said I was wasting light. I just wondered if that was possible being as I am growing in a tent. Surely the light just gets reflected round the inside of the tent? I suppose I could understand if I was losing light through windows or something like that.

Right then here goes again with setup details:

Skunk #47 clones. There are 8 of them in my 16 site amazon which in turn is inside my 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent. I have topped all plants and scrogged them to death. They are under 2 600w HPS lights plus I have chucked in my 2 Prakasa 180w LED's to add some extra lumens. I have an SMS temp and humidity controller which sorts out my 2 fans (both 8 inch RVK's inlet and outlet). There is a nutri-dip meter constantly monitoring the ppm, pH and res temp.

So is it a waste of light or am I right in thinking that the more light you chuck at the buggers, the bigger the nugs will be?

Can someone please put my mind at ease as it has been bugging me for a few days.

Thanks in advance.

When some one saw the lights I was using he said I was wasting light. I just wondered if that was possible being as I am growing in a tent. Surely the light just gets reflected round the inside of the tent?

if things reflected perfectly, everything we see in our rooms would be the textureless colour of the bulb, they don't look like that though because colours and hues record that something has been absorbed, that something wasn't reflected back out again. Just think of the black pots for example

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks for the calculator, I'm still weighing up either a 1.2m2 with 600w or 2m2 with four 600w's but turned down to 400w until the last phase of the flowering stage. Maybe my fan and CF are overkill at 1200m3/h capable.

Either way, killer calculator for grooms :D

-Maybe you could add in a lighting scheme to work out timer on-off hours for veg and bloom.

-Maybe a bloom and veg room separation, so you could add in the hours of on-off use, fan wattage, amount of lights and wattage along with mixing CFL, HIDs. The leccy use will then reflect for each individual groom and then combined :)

-A/C usage, BTU > Watt