Lighting Requirements And Area Calculator

mickle

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
hi 200w enviro emits 13,500 lumens could you add this to your tool

thanks mate :soap:

is that red or blue ? i have 200w reds , oh sorry hi enviro`s :doh:

• 1 year later...
Its been updated now with the new lights and corrected values for the enviros, thanks for the feedback.

growroomtools

I'm trying to use the 20Watt (100Watt) GE energy savers, you can get them for £1.37 from Tesco (with a buy 1 get 1 free deal) are these bulbs suitible for growing in terms of light output and wavelength?

Thanks.

They will get your seedlings and cuts on the go but for flowering plants I'd say no.... plants need the energy from light to grow and 20w lamps just don't do it IMHO when you want to build bud as they don't emit enough energy. Personally, I started my first grow with an 11w aquarium strip, moved up to 6 x 15w cfl's, then + 2 strips, then a 600w all in a few weeks as m8's put me straight (got 2 cooled 600's in the same space now)....

plants need light just look how much grows in the garden in the shaded bits, not big fat stinking cannabis plants thats for sure! Also if you are on your first grow and haven't read up much then read up on carbon filters before you flower!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
a metric one would be cool seeing as most tents and such are advertised in metres.

Great tool!

30cm == 1 ft (Or close enough)

1m2 tent 3.3ftx3.3ft

1.2m2 tent 4ftx4ft

1.5m3 tent 5ftx5ft

It's not hard.

• 5 weeks later...
Still no 250 though :notworthy:

If someone tells me the lumens of anything they want adding I will add it.

250W CFL

A 250w CFL should knock out about 18000 lumens IIRC.....

An alternative calculator can also be found here.... :rofl: this one is metric and takes some account of heatgain from your lights

Alternative Calculator Thread

Bluepixie GrowRoom Calc v0.4 download.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi am new 2 this and not sure wat bulb i should b using at the very start of my grow. also do i keep my fan on round the clock or do i turn it of with my light ?? thanks alot if u can help!!!

• 6 months later...

hi the calc says tht my room delivers 92000 or 93000 watts with 2 600 watt hids but also the same with 1 so am i running a 600 for nothing please advice room is 7ft by 8ft n 7ft high scrog grow 4 large plants, thanks