Lighting Requirements And Area Calculator

mickle

• 2 months later...

SM

I won't be able to help you, but could you tell us more info about your spec?

What browser are you using and operating system :woot:

:headpain:

hi cant get it to work, cant click the calculate button

263123[/snapback]

When you click calculate look closley and you will see the figures are faint but they are their ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi All

a little tip when using the Growroom Tools,yes it is difficult to read the results, so use your mouse to highlight whats in the box's its a little fiddly but it works ;-)

Hope this helps

BF

• 4 weeks later...

What is sufficient light for a single plant? My next grow will hopefully be alot bigger(15 plants), so what would be the best light to use for this? And how much space is best for that many plants?

Thanks in advance, Nude.

If there is a better place where I can ask questions plese point me there :)

:smoke:

Edited by Nude

• 4 weeks later...

Mickle rules i have just typed loads ov long post about this very matter trying to find someguidance and then i find mickles holy grail ov lighting calculations nice 1 bud

• 5 months later...

how come i cant get the area calculator to work. the calculate button wont press it just turns in to a txt sign?????????????????????????????????????????

• 3 weeks later...

great tool mickle but any chance you could add the 200w enviro so i can make more accurate calculations :wink:

Edited by beard

• 3 weeks later...

hi mickle mate,when i put my info in for a 4ft x 4ft x 7.9ft with 1 600hps it says i need 144m3/ph but when i add 1 ,2 or 3 more lights it give the same answer 144m3/ph is this all i would need in this space for 4 600's hps

hi mickle mate,when i put my info in for a 4ft x 4ft x 7.9ft with 1 600hps it says i need 144m3/ph but when i add 1 ,2 or 3 more lights it give the same answer 144m3/ph is this all i would need in this space for 4 600's hps

no m8 my room is 6 ft wide 4 1/2 ft deep & 6ft high with one 600w and a 6" fan and i just manage to hold the temp right and that moves 420 m3/hour how many plants are you growing in your space ?

:smoke:

You wouldnt put 4x600's in that space anyway mate :(

Ideally you need to be exchanging air in the room at least 20 times a minute so the calc will tell you what fans you need to do that ;)

So no matter how many lights you put in it will still say the same as its not telling you nothing about temps :smoke:

You yourself have to choose what light you can successfully control the temps of, if you know what I mean :)

You have to bring cool air in or else you will struggle with temps and then regulate the fans speed to achieve the right temps.Sometimes a heater is needed and sometimes an air con unit is needed ;)

Owd :smoke:

• Like 1