The Hardcore/Punk Rock Thread

mr23

More Dead Kennedys (because you know it makes sense)

Police Truck

Too Drunk To Fuck (I know it's an anti-alcohol song and I'm a drunk, but it fucking rocks :) )

• Like 1

Gutted I just missed Jello Biafra on tour, damn!

Punk is skill, but I'm keeping it hardcore, keeps me close to metal!

This lot get slagged, but at least theyre doing their own thing...chavcore?

TRC - Bastard

Can't believe someone has mentioned TRC haha! Hollyoaks hardcore.. I wonder if you are on the tdon forums..

e2a: this is starting to turn into a DK tribute thread haha..

Edited by mr23

lol I offer no apologies for flooding the thread with Dead Kennedys (I'll probably post more later, as I get more drunk lol ). For me proper vintage punk (political punk, that is, and I was always a political punk when I was a punk, back in the day) is all about the Dead Kennedys, Crass, the Subhumans and Conflict. And not much since comes close.

I'm a youth of that generation :)

E2A Liked my hardcore too, but was first and foremost a political punk. Lefty anarcho-twat lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

OK so this lot were like a ska version of Subhumans, former members and all that, this one is the most punk/hardcore tune off the first album -

Culture Shock - Six Foot Rooms

OK so this lot were like a ska version of Subhumans, former members and all that, this one is the most punk/hardcore tune off the first album -

Culture Shock - Six Foot Rooms

Culture Shock were kind of the direction Dick was taking the Subhumans in the Worlds Apart album. They kinda united the mods, the punks and the crusties in Chester, folks who were punks and crusties were into the Subhumans, then the mods got into Culture Shock and started listening to the old Subhumans stuff, and the 'pure' punks who didn't realise where the music came from started listening to the mod stuff :) (then Dick went on to Citizen Fish). It's all the punk/ska thing that has been at the heart of punk since the very beginning :) But that kinda got lost when, for a while, with the likes of the Pistols punk became fashionable.

E2A US punk kinda grew out of garage, rock n roll, and to a certain degree surf music. British punk, in the very early days, mostly grew out of ska (or, rather, was played alongside ska, the early punk clubs were ska clubs that sometimes played punk - rude boys, skins and punks all dancing to the same stuff :) ).

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Jimboo, please please post names with vids so I can search an app for them, can't play vids direct. Thanks.

sorry mate it was The Clash Londons Burning

• Like 1

I always thought these were an underated and forgotten band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxc5bdQ6bng&feature=related

went to a ruts gig a couple of years ago, i kid you not my girlfriend jumped on stage and sang with them for a few songs they loved it. shes a kin nightmare, she blagged her way into a sex pistols after party, claiming she was john lydons sister.

Edited by jonisonzx10r
  • Like 1