science vs religion

it has to be some type of science that discovered cannabutter bubblehash and cannabis oil, having the right dosage puts me in touch with the gods, astral travel only occurs when my mind is in tune with cannabis

It’s interesting that both you and my grans encounters came at times of extreme stress, they seem to be very similar experiences..

Its could that religion comes from similar experiences imo, A few hundred years ago there was no health care like today people suffered till whatever ailed them killed them or some miraculous recovery.

I remember reading somewhere we only use 5-10% of our brains, there’s large parts science has no idea what it’s purpose is, could well be things like this come from those parts triggered by stress?

@theokoles

e2a well done in confronting your demon, my ex who I loved to bits was destroyed by childhood abuse, I tryed to talk her into reporting it but she wouldn’t go near it, I had to cut her loose in the end before she hurt herself, me or 1 of my kids. 

Edited by nl5

extreme stress will give us a near death experience, is well documented about some people who near died experienced out of body and the light sensation, I prefer using drugs

• Like 1

Guest theokoles

Stress levels at that time were bad, i cant discount a hallucination but it was so real and powrful..i wouldnt shut up about it for weeks on end, did my gfs head in.

5 hours ago, tico cervantes said:

Everyone has their own path in life. As long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's path then you should always support them. Just my opinion though. 

exactly thats a  great attitude  i was raised as an athiest  my father told me when you die the worms eat ya the end ,,and who to say hes wrong lol ive got very strong spritual political views propbly a radical loony by most  standards but  people can only belive whats proven to themselves in truth, so no use banging on about things in unwanted ears  there is also the school of thought that says the more truth you talk the crazier therll say you are lol

• Like 4

On 29/03/2019 at 0:59 PM, hash72 said:

extreme stress will give us a near death experience, is well documented about some people who near died experienced out of body and the light sensation

My dad was drinking in a pub a few years ago and dropped dead at the bar. Luckily one of the patrons that night was a former paramedic and performed CPR on him until the ambulance arrived.

When I picked him up from hospital a few days later I was talking to the doctor and he said my father was very lucky, the CPR had kept him alive until the ambulance crew could resus him but he'd suffered another cardiac event in the ambulance on the way to hospital and had been clinically dead for 3 minutes, as well as crashing again on arrival at the hospital and being dead for another minute or so.

A few days later I asked him about what he remembered and he told me it was like a light being turned off - one minute he was chatting to some bloke about Alsatians, next thing he knew it was 36 hours later and he was in hospital - no lights or tunnel, no out of body experience, just alive one minute and dead the next.

He still jokes that if it was legally recognized and adhered to he'd have DNR tattooed across his chest as he feels like he's probably been 'cheated' out of a painless and easy death lol

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

I thought god was an algorhym that smart people knew how to manipulate. Thats the only way I can conceptualise it.

I generally dont have a problem with religious people (Im agnostic myself) unless they stand on street corners shouting hate or try and impose it on me. Science seems like a better way of gaining knowledge although it was always my worst subject at school by quite some distance,that said I do respect it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The difference between science and religion is... 

A scientist will read a thousand books and still accept he knows nothing about life. 

A religious person reads only one book and thinks they know everything. 

• Like 2

Those who try to describe God will feel the frustration as a consequence of their folly. 

There is no merit in trying to descirbe God.

The inner-knower will never tell you because after many mistakes he has learned it halts his/her spiritual development. 

Every attempt to do so will fail and God only liberates people with truth at will. The person having the choice is also delusional. 

The only thing I can say is all the answers are hard-wired in the human brain and consciousness / spirit / soul. 

The only thing left to do then is meditate and seek truth for self. 

Source: grew up believing in demons and devils and shit and refuting God since I was 13. (messed up childhood) 

learned when I was 23 that this was making life a living hell and it was all my own fault.

Started trusting the universe and god.. Spiritually AND scientifically.

Ever since then my life has exponentially improved in unfathomable ways and I am very thankful and even if I wanted to refute the creator, I wouldn't be able to. Almost like walking away from an oasis in the desert while dying of thirst. 

You can show the horse the water but can't make them drink. Liberation from suffering is a gift given by the creator at will.

But if you don't ask you don't get! 

I hope this helps someone on their journey! :yinyang:

p.s. There are some ancient texts which are classified as occult but have some very powerful guidance (they have nothing to do with religion)... do some looking around ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

The universe is just a dream in the broken mind of the mad God Azathoth. But there are secret societies that search for the elder knowledge hidden in the blaspemous Necronomicon, knowledge that promises power. Little do they know that the Necronomicon was dictated to the insane poet Abdul Alhazred by Nyarlathotep, the crawling chaos, Azathoth's avatar in the dream universe that we call reality, to trap unsuspecting souls searching for fobidden knowledge and once all the rituals are spoken, when the stars align the high priest Great Cthulhu shall rise from his slumber in drowned R'lyeh and call forth Azathoth into his own dream, and madness shall reign.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Shit, it's a better story than the fucking Bible lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
53 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

An interesting talk from Sam Harris, 

will give that a listen later.

have you seen this one mate, watched it the other night

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

I haven't but will take a look :yep:

There's a few of Jordan Peterson vs Sam Harris debating science vs religion that are worth a look on the tube. 

I know many here don't like Peterson :pitchfork: but don't be put off as Sam really puts up a good argument and the discourse is extremely erudite, if nothing else it's worth it for that alone :yinyang:

• Like 1

Just now, Dodgee said:

I haven't but will take a look :yep:

There's a few of Jordan Peterson vs Sam Harris debating science vs religion that are worth a look on the tube. 

I know many here don't like Peterson :pitchfork: but don't be put off as Sam really puts up a good argument and the discourse is extremely erudite, if nothing else it's worth it for that alone :yinyang:

i didn't think i liked harris either lol but that video changed my mind with pinker and is a cracker, both seem to shine in their own way.

i'll give peterson another go but i'm not promising anything lol:)

• Like 1