science vs religion

19 minutes ago, bazzad9 said:

yes you could say that it doesnt mean anything that makes sense though nature kills us constantly and we are far from supernatural 

well i guess that my  definition of supernatural  stronger than naturue the spirit pushes the physics further as oposed to flyiing around on a broomstick supernatutral or being unable to die which to me is some kinda disney fantasy ,,, if i dont make sense to you that fine to we can only believe whats proven to us 

Guest bazzad9
2 hours ago, harvestreaper said:

well i guess that my  definition of supernatural  stronger than naturue the spirit pushes the physics further as oposed to flyiing around on a broomstick supernatutral or being unable to die which to me is some kinda disney fantasy ,,, if i dont make sense to you that fine to we can only believe whats proven to us 

i have no idea what "spirit" refers to,can you define it for me ?

according to the bible the sprit is the very breath of almighty god and was breathed into man from the very beginning of gods creation. you can play with this to determine your own interpretation

Guest bazzad9
Just now, hash72 said:

according to the bible the sprit is the very breath of almighty god and was breathed into man from the very beginning of gods creation. you can play with this to determine your own interpretation

why would i take what the bible says seriously ?

my own interpretation is the word has no real meaning 

the bible also says that donkeys can talk so......

Just now, bazzad9 said:

why would i take what the bible says seriously ?

my own interpretation is the word has no real meaning 

the bible also says that donkeys can talk so......

what you believe in the bible is just to how you are able to read into it, take away the religion I find it has value

Guest bazzad9
19 minutes ago, hash72 said:

what you believe in the bible is just to how you are able to read into it, take away the religion I find it has value

im sure there is value in it as in all books pretty much but im still no closer to understanding what spirit means when you say it 

there is no value in saying it is what god breathed into man when there is no evidence to suggest god or gods exist ,you may as well have just said its a magic word that means whatever i want it to mean even though i cant define it 

is just a word baz try use you imagination, I don't believe we have a spirit or a soul, I think we have an unbelievable brain that allows us to think outside the box, the unknown is so exciting it could lead us anywhere, religion is boring it just leads us into heaven to be under the control of a strict overbearing tyrant.

Guest bazzad9
1 minute ago, hash72 said:

is just a word baz try use you imagination, I don't believe we have a spirit or a soul, I think we have an unbelievable brain that allows us to think outside the box, the unknown is so exciting it could lead us anywhere, religion is boring it just leads us into heaven to be under the control of a strict overbearing tyrant.

if we start imagining what the words someone else uses we would not be able to communicate in an efficient manner 

you would simply have to guess what someone meant ,thats why words have meanings and definitions some better than others but "spirit" is so loose or varied as to become practically meaningless

Guest bazzad9
5 minutes ago, hash72 said:

I think we have an unbelievable brain that allows us to think outside the box, the unknown is so exciting it could lead us anywhere

agreed 

6 minutes ago, hash72 said:

religion is boring it just leads us into heaven to be under the control of a strict overbearing tyrant.

well they claim it leads to it ,no reason to suspect its true though 

i'm very lowly educated and hardly understand most of the so called clever stuff written on here, sometimes I look for the meaning but like you say its impossible to have good conversation, makes me feel very anti social I never try converse outdoors I have time to read before I reply online, can take an age for each post

Guest bazzad9
Just now, hash72 said:

i'm very lowly educated and hardly understand most of the so called clever stuff written on here, sometimes I look for the meaning but like you say its impossible to have good conversation, makes me feel very anti social I never try converse outdoors I have time to read before I reply online, can take an age for each post

im far from educated myself mate if your reply takes an age then it takes an age theres no rush ,im not trying to corner you or trick you i just enjoy finding out what people believe and why 

1 minute ago, bazzad9 said:

im far from educated myself mate if your reply takes an age then it takes an age theres no rush ,im not trying to corner you or trick you i just enjoy finding out what people believe and why 

is ok mate I never feel threatened but have to admit to being daft, thankfully I don't think i'm stupid, I do like the banter on here can be good fun and be very entertaining

4 hours ago, bazzad9 said:

i have no idea what "spirit" refers to,can you define it for me ?

um  you an i talkimg is sprits comunicating were not meat an bones talking ,, the essence of life ,,the very thing that drove you to ask that question,,it its your consuoisness anything and everything you feel think above eating shitting an reproducing  im problaby the wrong person to ask btw  as i belive in a spirit church and a i belive isreal is a spiritual land  lol i mean if you leave your body  and look  down at your pysichal body for example the concept is  as real and easy to understand as anything physical its like i said  we can only believe whats proven to us  if you see no evidence of spirit cant see why  you or anyone would  think it exists 

Guest bazzad9
Just now, harvestreaper said:

um  you an i talkimg is sprits comunicating were not meat an bones talking ,, the essence of life ,,the very thing that drove you to ask that question,,it its your consuoisness anything and everything you feel think above eating shitting an reproducing  im problaby the wrong person to ask btw  as i belive in a spirit church and a i belive isreal is a spiritual land  lol i mean if you leave your body  and look  down at your pysichal body for example the concept is  as real and easy to understand as anything physical its like i said  we can only believe whats proven to us  if you see no evidence of spirit cant see why  you or anyone would  think it exists 

so you dont have a definition either then 

its certainly meat and bones talking the mechanical function the words come from the brain again meat inserting some magical spirit serves no purpose especially if this magical spirit covers anything and everything its as bad as saying god did it

i think in most cases where the word "spirit" is used the word "brain" would be better served