Daylight Hours Table

Citizen

If you have a Garmin GPS go into your calender,it gives you sunrise and sunset times for the year ahead as well as moon-phases and other useful info :ninja:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Actually, I use Starwalk application in iPhone. This allows you to know the sun elevation, the day length using your location.

very useful!! :hippy:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know that this subject is a little old but for people that may want to use it as a reference for the new year here's my input:

One of the key components for out door growing that should be considered before worrying about daylight hours is the great British weather. We have in the past had snow right up to mid April and severe overnight ground frosts that have lasted until early and into mid May. From experience the best time to get the youngsters into the ground is the 20th May (earliest) and the 1st of june at the latest. Things start to warm up nicely and we have around 15 hours of daylight which increases very quickly from that point on.

Regards

English Oak.

Edited by English Oak
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sawney planted his first plants out around 27th april last season and he reckons the early plant-out was the key to the great results he got.If frost isnt too bad then, the earlier you get them out the better Im thinkin'.

Definitely the earlier the better but I don't trust the weather down here, past couple of years this end has caught some nasty frost in the beginning of May. Always good from the 20th May. Anyway where's the snow now? Got a feeling it's going to be a snowy Feb to early March at this rate. I just want it to hurry up and get it out of the way.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A little info here on calculating where the sun will be in the sky throughout the year: http://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1224682331

For a given time and date: http://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1224682277

Why do you need this info?

Because you need to know if your plants will be in shadow come harvest time, this tool will allow you to calculate the suns elevation in the sky for a given time, date and location. This info will also allow you to predict how much sun your plants will receive in those critical flowering and harvest months. :spliff:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Honestly guys, just use SunCalc  it's seriously cool!! Oh and don't forget to click the blue diamond in top right to select satellite mode. Irie

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 29/03/2020 at 11:22 PM, twigs said:

anybody got any plants out in the uk yet.?

Next week i will have :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Exile420 said:

Next week i will have :)

cool! I’ve got a free auto, a kona female and a duck male spurting all over a window sill :stoned: 

had 4 oldtimes crosses out in the sun to but have put them back in the veg room because they got to cold..

• Like 1

On 29/03/2020 at 11:22 PM, twigs said:

anybody got any plants out in the uk yet.?

Yeah, I have planted two outside a few days ago, they seem to be doing fine so far.

• Like 1