Daylight Hours Table

Citizen

Very good I did post the sunrise sunset tables for the year somewhere. this is better and clearer. I'll pin it at the top of the forum.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

www.earthtools.org is your friend.

Simply put in your location and you will find various options appear - one of which is sunrise/sunset times on any day of the year. It's useful in that it gives you the times for the various sunrise times (nautical, civil and astronomical) which can allow you to to more closely estimate the "true" sunset at the exact spot you're growing - eg civil twilight is when the centre of the sun is 6 degrees below the horizontal plane.

Oh and it'll generate a sunset/sunrise calendar for 2006 if you ask it to. :guitar:

• 4 months later...

Looking at the chart above for London, I've found out something very basic about growing cannabis that I'd maybe realised but not really consciously. The further south you are, the easier it is, claro, but not just for the intensity of the sun. The days are shorter in summer and longer in autumn, provoking earlier flowering but letting it go on for longer. My day on Sept. 1st. was approx. 45 mins shorter than in London, and I guess more than an hour less than in Scotland. The change-over date is 21st./22nd. Sept., then my days get gradually longer than those further north.

:yinyang: !TILT! :smug:

Edited by O.G.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
www.earthtools.org is your friend.

Simply put in your location and you will find various options appear - one of which is sunrise/sunset times on any day of the year. It's useful in that it gives you the times for the various sunrise times (nautical, civil and astronomical) which can allow you to to more closely estimate the "true" sunset at the exact spot you're growing - eg civil twilight is when the centre of the sun is 6 degrees below the horizontal plane.

Oh and it'll generate a sunset/sunrise calendar for 2006 if you ask it to. :stoned:

cool site sam...cheers :wassnnme:

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I am confused though about outdoor grows and when its safe to start, even after looking at the tables!

Theres 12 hours daylight now (middle of March), should I wait until beginning of May when the day has 15 hours light?

How come some members here are saying they are already planting outdoor grows now, in the middle of March?

Its warm enough it seems, I have my window open now... but theres only 12/12 light now, won't these plants just get to 4 inches and try to flower @ that size in the middle of March outdoors? :wink: After all its 12/12 out there now.

Or, is that impossible, like the plant has not reached its "puberty" yet and when its so tiny it cannot flower?

I guess, it can only flower at a time when you would know what sex it is anyway?

Damn theres too much to learn. 1 answer throws up 10 more questions. ;)

If I can start them now I will, but they are not going outdoors, its the window sill innit. :)

As long as they (seeds germinating right now) will grow now for 6 weeks and by the time its 15 hours of sunlight per day (about 6 weeks time from today like I said) then, theres still in theory another 2 weeks of vegging left, then after that, at around May 15th they should flower? Its all arse about face though, they would start now on 12/24 and that would rise to about 16/24 then it goes back to 12/24.

So surely, plant @ 15/24 > 12/24 > ?

Thats only possible if you plant about May 1st to August 1st. May, the light keeps increasing, June the same, then beginning of July is when the hours start getting smaller again.

I dunno what the fuck to do to be honest. I can't see planting them now being of any use.

Light is at its peak on June 22nd. So, isn't the best time to plant (say a 3" plant outside) around the beginning of June or something? Then it gets max light and if you did that, 8 weeks of vegging from June 1st = August 1st which is ideal for flowering because its going back to 12/24 gradually and isn't it August when they flower naturally anyway in the wild?

That folks, is fucking AGES away yet and I am desperate for a smoke! :)

Its fucked up how it has a "season" though.

Now I can see the attraction with indoor grows, lol.

Edited by Toasted
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

hmmm im still a newbie to all this we planted right into the ground the 1st week of april were on the south south south coast UK and didn't have a clue if it was the right time to plant and thought that maybe we were late in getting them into the ground they seem to be doing ok at the mo,.

as i say im a newb.. how do the daylight tables help you?

did we get our timings right and we were late? will we suffer later? how can we tell? or is it not THAT important?

:guitar:

ok even my mate knew the importance of knowing when they would start to flower and explained it all to me while i felt duly stupid :yinyang:

• 8 months later...