Google Earth: Walk-Through / Guide.

weed_G

Bump -- It's been updated both maps and Earth. Picture is clearer and dated to 2015, apparently may but I suspect later in the year. Lots of new spots opening up on maps now, get looking :peace:

Edited by Captain Kush

Think I'd like to propose a "new" guerilla growing rule/tip...

If a plot looks good from Google maps/Google earth, it's not a good plot.

• Like 6

Think I'd like to propose a "new" guerilla growing rule/tip...

If a plot looks good from Google maps/Google earth, it's not a good plot.

Why do you think this?

Guest RandyBoBandy

i think, and i might be wrong... but what he means is if you see a big open patch then the chances are someone asle has also come across it on the maps.. the way the scene is growing

so use maps... but just dont go for the obviouse

Guest RandyBoBandy

your be suprised mate.. but either way, make the most of it

or at least dont get to relaxed thinking there is no one alse close to you growing... unless its a very small comunity

Edited by RandyBoBandy
  • Like 1

I didnt think there were many others, I was massively wrong. I agree, if a spot looks good on google earth - its usually not the best come inspection.

I didnt think there were many others, I was massively wrong. I agree, if a spot looks good on google earth - its usually not the best come inspection.

I second the last part, the vast majority of spots on Google Earth that look good aren't at all and it must be something like 1/5 spots found gmaps that turn out suitable Come inspection, if not less

Edited by Captain Kush

Well at least with the google maps you get a rough idea of the area you going to look at planting , I just print off maps of the area mark places that look okish , now I just get the wife to drive me round the lanes hehehe ,I guess if we was parked up I can always put me arm round her make it look like a couple out for a bit in the woods lol , she should be so lucky can't even get me leg over the side of the bath these days lol.

well guys and girls if you find mine be prepared to climb in the nettles and brambles lol

stay safe out there

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips on finding bramble patches using maps? Can't seem to spot the Feckers anywhere, same as nettle patches

Maybe try a magnifying glass, see if you can zoom in and focus haha ;)

@@Captain Kush find a patch of brambles that you know of, then you'll know what it looks like in the map.

They ain't easy to see tho.

Also it depends what time of year the pics were taken e.g. in winter it will all be dead, therefore even harder to spot!

@@Captain Kush find a patch of brambles that you know of, then you'll know what it looks like in the map.

They ain't easy to see tho.

Also it depends what time of year the pics were taken e.g. in winter it will all be dead, therefore even harder to spot!

Tried that one, still can't find any lol I've got a bramble spot I might grow in if its not occupied by another grower, which it may be i haven't been inside it that far yet, here's an areas inside that's cleared and access is perfect only problem is dog walkers and maybe tractors lol

I wouldn't worry about dog walkers, as long as they don't see you going in. My best spot is about 5 meters from a busy footpath.

Why not try just a few plants this year, guage security for next season?