Google Earth: Walk-Through / Guide.

weed_G

• 3 weeks later...
let me know if you get stuck or if any parts seem vague, pointless or wrong

Maybe this is a daft question but i can't seem to work out how to download the 'Other Places.kmz' file.

Dont suppose anyone could help on this one? ;)

Great thread.

Capitalism at its finest producing technology like this.

Technology is exploding every day this race is/was really going somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...

Great post mate. You've really helped me out here and within the space of 10 minutes I've got 3 potential sites for my first ever GG next year.

Thanks alot.

nice post looks real handy! :D

those 1:25000 maps you mention are better known as OS explorer, There is around 450 odd in total for the uk at £8 each.

Or.

You could just d/load them on your favourite torrent site! Combine them with memory map o/s edition (software) and there you have a comprehensive set of maps on your pc, also works flawlessly with usb gps turning your laptop into a top end sat nav.

good stuff man

anyone know when the next update for satilite and earth will be? :oldtoker:

anyone know this? it is quite vital to the success of my next years grow...? would be a big help

• 2 months later...

Setting the timescale...

If you click the spanner, then loop animation, then play, itll loop the suns path for a year constantly...

Very lol

good stuff man

anyone know when the next update for satilite and earth will be? :)

anyone know this? it is quite vital to the success of my next years grow...? would be a big help

Google never lets on when it will update an area, some are already 2010 satellite images...

Edited by Archangel

Would anyone know where i might find the second d/load, as the link does not seem to work (yes i've taken the space out).

Many thanks

AG

• 3 weeks later...

I used to use the google map application but now i just go online and use the google maps there, its alot easier plus you can get street view. i also use bing.com maps because you can use the birds eye feature and see the height of the trees in every direction n, s, e, and w. i use them at the same time and it has lead to me finding perfect spots without having to go and hike the woods

• Like 1

Would anyone know where i might find the second d/load, as the link does not seem to work

I'm not enjoying the same experience! The OS maps look very useful

Someone must still have this laying about in there downloads...

• 2 months later...

what was the second link, anything useful??

the links expired and cant find it anywhere else to dl :(

Just worked fine for me.