FARMER G

On 29/05/2023 at 0:37 PM, Shumroom said:

The price of peroxide is a funny thing,

it costs roughly the same for 100ml as it does to buy half a litre :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

Yeah, noticed that myself.
Tenner for 1L or £15 for 5L.
5L it is then. Same shenanigans with IPA.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PHatDriver said:

What type of mushrooms you grow?
Have ya tried either Sour Diesel or NYC Diesel? If ya could only grow one, which one would ya grow? Good luck with the 15 seed ya have left. Hope ya get something successful. Ya gonna cross them or looking for a mum?

My favourite mushrooms are jedi mind fuck at the moment. 

Yes I have grown the NYC diesel & the sour diesel. I prefer the sour diesel as its a lot more smooth & not as expensive.  Its in my top all time favourites. NYC diesel is a bit march harsh and a bit more heady high to it. Kind of reminds me of romulan  if you have ever tried it?

• Like 1

On 02/06/2023 at 8:04 AM, brock1 said:

My favourite mushrooms are jedi mind fuck at the moment. 

Yes I have grown the NYC diesel & the sour diesel. I prefer the sour diesel as its a lot more smooth & not as expensive.  Its in my top all time favourites. NYC diesel is a bit march harsh and a bit more heady high to it. Kind of reminds me of romulan  if you have ever tried it?

Okay, Sour Diesel it will be next grow. Thanx for that, gotta love a smooth smoke, can't wait already.

Even though you tried the runty looking seed, I'd still be tempted to try some of the rest, sooner rather than later. Don't suppose a month or two would make much difference but a year from now?

Never heard of Jedi Mind Fuck.
I've tried about five different types mushrooms over the years.
Amanita - bought those off fleabay believe it or not. 10+ yrs ago
Golden Teacher - a friend grew them and two other before, forgot their names)
Libaty Caps back in the 90's, maybe?..

I don't really find mushrooms that good. All seemed very weak. None where what I was expecting.
May be I've been unlucky - who knows.

Have a good one dude...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHatDriver said:

Okay, Sour Diesel it will be next grow. Thanx for that, gotta love a smooth smoke, can't wait already.

Even though you tried the runty looking seed, I'd still be tempted to try some of the rest, sooner rather than later. Don't suppose a month or two would make much difference but a year from now?

Never heard of Jedi Mind Fuck.
I've tried about five different types mushrooms over the years.
Amanita - bought those off fleabay believe it or not. 10+ yrs ago
Golden Teacher - a friend grew them and two other before, forgot their names)
Libaty Caps back in the 90's, maybe?..

I don't really find mushrooms that good. All seemed very weak. None where what I was expecting.
May be I've been unlucky - who knows.

Have a good one dude...

Next time try harvesting your shroom before the caps open. Their similar to plant's in many ways. Instead of using energy on seeds they use it on spores. Why a lot of the sterile shroom like enigma are considered to be strong. 

A year makes no difference to me. I have lots to go through so shifting things around for convenience isn't going to disrupt much. It just means the next project jumps the que. I tend to work lines i like so it wouldn't just be a open pollination anyway. 

• Like 1

On 03/06/2023 at 11:40 PM, brock1 said:

Next time try harvesting your shroom before the caps open. Their similar to plant's in many ways. Instead of using energy on seeds they use it on spores. Why a lot of the sterile shroom like enigma are considered to be strong. 

A year makes no difference to me. I have lots to go through so shifting things around for convenience isn't going to disrupt much. It just means the next project jumps the que. I tend to work lines i like so it wouldn't just be a open pollination anyway. 

Somethings are so simple they just pass straight over ya head! I've never, ever, thought of picking them a touch earlier but I've never grown my own mushrooms. I'll have to look into it someday though as I could do with a mad weekend now and again. Back when my friend grew them, they were only £20 a tub, a complete kit! Everything ready to go, just add water - 20 quid + shipping! None of that messing around with syringes and the like.

What do ya mean by,
"I tend to work lines i like so it wouldn't just be a open pollination anyway."

Do ya normally run regs and let them have at it,
or do ya mean, you like NL for example, so just run that over and over,
or you like diesel so much, ya run everything with diesel in it?

Edited by PHatDriver

7 hours ago, PHatDriver said:

Somethings are so simple they just pass straight over ya head! I've never, ever, thought of picking them a touch earlier but I've never grown my own mushrooms. I'll have to look into it someday though as I could do with a mad weekend now and again. Back when my friend grew them, they were only £20 a tub, a complete kit! Everything ready to go, just add water - 20 quid + shipping! None of that messing around with syringes and the like.

What do ya mean by,
"I tend to work lines i like so it wouldn't just be a open pollination anyway."

Do ya normally run regs and let them have at it,
or do ya mean, you like NL for example, so just run that over and over,
or you like diesel so much, ya run everything with diesel in it?

No I work each strain different. If I pop seeds I have lot numbers off I tend to keep the line & use it in a cross. Things like my own lines make multiple crosses to use as multiple Bx's. I work with lots of strains but I tend to keep to all indica or all sativa at any time to make growing a little easier. Older hard to get stuff I will open pollinate them all to keep diversity in the line. From sativa, indica, auto, ploidy, haze, sweet, ect I love & grow them all. :hippy:

• Like 2

On 07/06/2023 at 0:03 AM, brock1 said:

No I work each strain different. If I pop seeds I have lot numbers off I tend to keep the line & use it in a cross. Things like my own lines make multiple crosses to use as multiple Bx's. I work with lots of strains but I tend to keep to all indica or all sativa at any time to make growing a little easier. Older hard to get stuff I will open pollinate them all to keep diversity in the line. From sativa, indica, auto, ploidy, haze, sweet, ect I love & grow them all. :hippy:

I read Marijuana Botany by R Clarke years and years ago. Forgot all of it by now but have to get back into this stuff as I'm at the point where I wanna cross everything I have. Also wanna turn all seed I have into S1 Fems (STS). I'm gonna try this run, have 4 plants lined up for spraying and another 4 of the same strain ready for the female pollen. Also have another 4 I'm gonna dab with a touch of pollen as well. All going well I should have 4 crossed to themself and 4 normal crosses. I have a lack of space though, so can't run a 1000 plants, let alone a 100. So gonna get what I get.

Okay. I see what you are saying:
"Older hard to get stuff I will open pollinate them all to keep diversity in the line"
I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Kool dude, nice one.
Have a good day my man...

• Like 2

On 10/04/2023 at 3:13 PM, PHatDriver said:

I saw this and thought of you - kinda thing.

Does anything stick out about this pack I "recently" bought? :readtherulesbuddy:

large.64341814c0bd9_OldStock.jpg

Yeah Sweets always have a date on and i love for it ,   part of the reason i got the hump with Sweets as im picking up old stock form Attitude and varying other places ,  its a pain if you want fresh stock ,        Also the NYC Diesel is not bad at all , mid October outdoors at lat 52   ,   was called Ice Cool until they changed it  :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PHatDriver said:

I read Marijuana Botany by R Clarke years and years ago. Forgot all of it by now but have to get back into this stuff as I'm at the point where I wanna cross everything I have. Also wanna turn all seed I have into S1 Fems (STS). I'm gonna try this run, have 4 plants lined up for spraying and another 4 of the same strain ready for the female pollen. Also have another 4 I'm gonna dab with a touch of pollen as well. All going well I should have 4 crossed to themself and 4 normal crosses. I have a lack of space though, so can't run a 1000 plants, let alone a 100. So gonna get what I get.

Okay. I see what you are saying:
"Older hard to get stuff I will open pollinate them all to keep diversity in the line"
I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Kool dude, nice one.
Have a good day my man...

Not quite but your close. Yes older stuff open pollination. Hybrids all 1-1 breeding but anything worth keeping is line breed with multiple parents. 

I find its a good advantage for people to grow before taking the plunge to breeding because although you can get lucky with any hybrid learning a plant increase the odds of getting what you want from it being passed to its offspring. 

• Like 3

You'd  only open pollinate for initial selections and then  go 1 to 1 to lock desirable traits if line breeding you don't want to keep the line throwing up allsorts you want to work toward your desirable traits in each gen which would be inpossible if you just kept chucking pollen at everything.

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

A man who asks a question is a fool for a minute. The man who doesn’t ask is a fool for a lifetime. So with that said … by this do you mean multiple parents generationally F1,F2 using single selections from each generation or do you mean multiple parents of each generation, which I imagine is open pollination, through F1, F2 etc.

If all this doesn’t make sense and is as stupid as I feel right now then let it be known it’s been a long day lol 

So if I understand correctly your asking how to maintain a strain after creating the original F1 you like?

Let's say you grow your F1 out and find 3 exceptional females at this stage you use these with as many males as possible with similar traits.

Say you only find 1 female you for the same again using similar males.

From the F2 you repeat each generation only the F2 will have more phenotype that a F1 because of the resesive showing. At this point it can get over whelming pheno hunting so I will share a little tip. Instead of focusing on females if you keep keeper clone from the F1's used just Bx to it with a few males. This will give you a population more like a F4 than F3 breed to be like the original female. Line breeding as many healthy males to female after the F4 generation will keep the line genetically stable in future generations. 

If you start seeing a increase in weaker plant's at this stage don't throw all these generations of inbreeding away. Hopefully you keeping some F1 or F2 seeds and simply Bx again to add a little vigour back to the inbreed line you have created. Inbreed line's are a lot better for making new crosses vs F1 & F2 Seed's. 

• Like 4

On 11/06/2023 at 5:06 PM, OldFord said:

Yeah Sweets always have a date on and i love for it ,   part of the reason i got the hump with Sweets as im picking up old stock form Attitude and varying other places ,  its a pain if you want fresh stock ,        Also the NYC Diesel is not bad at all , mid October outdoors at lat 52   ,   was called Ice Cool until they changed it  :) 

With Sweets I still don't like that the tube is just hot glued to the front of the card. But having the date is cool as fuck and valued information. At least ya know how old they are. 90% of the other packs could be years older and we would never know. It's a bit of a shit show - lucky dip anyone. Maybe NYCD isn't a best seller so they just sit in the bank until they have maybe one left before they restock or something. As others have alluded to, everyone wants strains with exotic names like Zkittlez or just jump on the hype train and go for the "latest" and "greatest".

On a forum I read some stuff about this very thing recently, I think a bank owner or worker was saying  that they are finding it harder to buy (import) seeds since brexit. I myself made a order from Paradise Seeds (Site Sponsor?) and got a rather quick, snarky email basically saying they no longer ship to the UK and I should have known that. Gave me a refund! Lost about £6 through the exchange rate or something, can't remember now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PHatDriver said:

With Sweets I still don't like that the tube is just hot glued to the front of the card. But having the date is cool as fuck and valued information. At least ya know how old they are. 90% of the other packs could be years older and we would never know. It's a bit of a shit show - lucky dip anyone. Maybe NYCD isn't a best seller so they just sit in the bank until they have maybe one left before they restock or something. As others have alluded to, everyone wants strains with exotic names like Zkittlez or just jump on the hype train and go for the "latest" and "greatest".

On a forum I read some stuff about this very thing recently, I think a bank owner or worker was saying  that they are finding it harder to buy (import) seeds since brexit. I myself made a order from Paradise Seeds (Site Sponsor?) and got a rather quick, snarky email basically saying they no longer ship to the UK and I should have known that. Gave me a refund! Lost about £6 through the exchange rate or something, can't remember now.

Now thats one of my top pet hates !!!   Its the retailer cant be arsed to tell you they wont ship ... until after you parted with cash ,  i got a few i dont even look in on now :yep:

Also the lazy retailers that cant be arsed to update their stock lists ,   you go through the order process ,  jump through all the hoops / tick the boxes and then get an email a wk later to say ... sorry its not in stock :wallbash:     Ok thats the last of my cash you will see :yep: 

Sweets dates codes are handy  ,  the little tube dont bother me too much as they glue the cap too but i have had a few friday one with just a smidge of glue lol     

• Like 7

I got stung twice  on the bounce recently by seedwanks that list stuff in stock, but after paying  they sent an email the next day or even days later  to say they aren't in stock and then ya  have to wait to have  the money put back which doesn't go back  as quick as it leaves the account does it! :wanker:

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 7

Just now, HazyDaze said:

I got stung twice  on the bounce recently by seedwanks that list stuff in stock, but after paying  they sent an email the next day or even days later  to say they aren't in stock and then ya  have to wait to have  the money put back which doesn't go back  as quick as it leaves the account does it! :wanker:

Or you get the .. i have got this strain if you fancy that instead lol     

I will say the guys im using now and have been for a while have been fantastic and being off the beaten track they carry some weird & wonderful bits too.    

So there are good retailers about , just rare lol  

• Like 6