Ms Kitty

Arnold Layne

SIP, Kath ;)

Tempus fugit, indeed!

~~~

@bartman Nice Pic, mate! What a splendid spot to stop, light up and linger. However, I should not be surprised if I were to observe my spliff being pulled on by an invisible force! Sure as eggs is eggs, old Jehovi is gonna be hard put to it to grow enough heavenly buddage to keep up!

I used to have a M8 called "Little Geoff" (RIP); Little Geoff was a dealer in hash, weed and Recreational substances of all sorts barring Opioids and suchlike. Although he had a flat, he preferred to live in his car, or on a friend's sofa! He was a hopeless time keeper, but at some point on a Friday or whatever day he would turn up, sit down and begin skinning. He would vanish into the kitchen muttering to himself and discretely popping the odd quarter or half of hash into the cooking pot. He wouldn't let you score till he was good to go on to his next stop. So for every quarter we scored, he must've added at least another half by way of freely rolled spliffs and additives to dinner. He was, contrary to all outward appearance (he was a reet scruffy wee bugger), the most perfect house guest. Generous to a fault, and considerate to all and sundry.

Little Geoff had divine bodyguards. How else do you explain it when he leaves his car unlocked with the glove compartment open and a nine bar minus one corner just sat therein, on full public view, all night long in a city centre! As for security, Geoff took great care. He had a security officer in his car boot. No, not a dog! A dead and rotting Pike. The stench from his car boot was simply disgusting. No way would anyone want to rummage around in that space looking for a block of hash!

Little Geoff did not take very good care of his health. He had a bad cough for ages - but refused to get it looked at, or to stop smoking endless amounts of soap bar resin. One day he went home to his flat, shut the door behind him, and waited for the end. They found the poor sod a few weeks later. We gave him a good send off, even though we didn't hear of his demise until after his funeral. I mention him here and now, because he has this curious habit of tapping us on the shoulder to this very day. It may be a picture of him falling off a secure shelf, or it might be the sight of a seeming twin. But Little Geoff (aka "The Gnome", as we used to call him) is simply not going to let anyone forget him!

I mention Little G here because like Ms Kitty, those of us who knew him in life will never, can never forget him. There is a love which reaches beyond death itself, I believe. To meet and befriend such folks as these is a rare event in life. I am profoundly grateful to have known both Little Geoff and Ms Kitty. To be able to call them my friends, is a very great privilege.

RIP

:rockon:  :skin_up:

• Like 11

I like this idea of burial, a friends brother who dies tragically young was buried in a cardboard coffin, and a tree planted in a small patch put to one side for this style in Exeter.

RIP MsKitty :yinyang:

• Like 7

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A beautiful way to remember someone.

I hope my ashes will one day be used in a grow.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Tomorrow would have been Cath’s Birthday.

Due to present restrictions in place we’re unable to get the usual update picture of Cath’s tree tomorrow.

As soon as possible I will get an updated picture to share with you all, in memory of such a wonderful human being.

In the mean time I’ll post a reminder of the horror she faced in life.

Before she passed away she wished for this youtube video to be spread far and wide to raise MND awareness.

Let’s all have a big fat joint (or whatever) in Cath’s memory on her birthday tomorrow.

• Like 4

As said, an updated pic of Cath’s Tree on her birthday is not available right now due to present restrictions.

I decided to post a pic taken today of the ponies that Cath used to chat to at the bottom of her garden.

She was like Dr Dolittle with them. They must miss her too. :( 

large.635CB87D-E317-4CA9-9EF3-9F985FF93C13.jpeg

• Like 12

• 6 months later...