Uk Soil Types

Archangel

27 minutes ago, CBDGUY said:

just a thaught, if your worried about the rabit shit attracting rabbits and if you have a zoo near you or go online, you can buy lion tiger or wild cat manure, it scares the shit out of any pest that smels it and it smells for quite a distance, ferret shit should do the same, should scare rabbits away anyhow.

Why would it do that mate why would a UK rabbit be afraid of an animal it has not had any exposure to? would you not be better off with fox or Jack Russel crap?

2 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

Why would it do that mate why would a UK rabbit be afraid of an animal it has not had any exposure to? would you not be better off with fox or Jack Russel crap?

theres something about wild cat or big cat shit that scares rabbits and dear away from your grow, a mate who taught me how to grow allways hung a net bag of it near his outdoor grow and it worked perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a tip ,for all the youngsters that don't know yet . If there are any rocks ,big or small near ground level then Sellotape a leaf of lettuce over the rock and sprinkle it with pepper .The rabbit will start to eat the lettuce ,he'll sneeze and smack his head off the rock . 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 07/03/2010 at 4:19 PM, Archangel said:

Peat soil has usually been derived from marsh land where there has been continuous growth and decay over thousands of years. The most outstanding feature of them is that they are usually absolutely free of lime and so are very "sour". This sourness is produced by the decaying of the vegetable matter present, as peat soils contain more than 20 per cent of humus.

Peat is usually found in low-lying areas, and so may be waterlogged and may need pipe draining. Certain crops, like celery, for instance, do very well on peat soils. Brown peat is more easy to work than the black, heavy bog-like peat. Once peat soils are well worked and limed, they can prove very valuable - in fact acid loving plants, such as rhododendrons and azaleas, prefer these soils to any other.

Hi I’m wondering would you have any advice growing in the type of ground as my whole area is black peat, I’m planning on bringing in compost and amendments but can I mix this peat through my mix or is it too rich?

• 2 years later...
On 05/11/2020 at 2:52 PM, Jimboo said:

It does work mate we use to put lion shit down for cats all they smell is a big predator so want fuck to do with that it's the same with any animal  that's what they smell something that's going to kill them