Uk Soil Types

Archangel

32 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

dried chicken manure is the ultimate vertiliser for our favorite plant

:stoned:

large.B3907225-BFDD-4D21-972D-D0CCADE22ADF.jpeg

rabbit is cold manure too, double bonus!

:yinyang:

• Like 1

i was saying dried chicken manure....not fresh or rotten....:)

all labels in holland are all about the same...

10% calcium , npk  4/3/3 and all micro minerals your plant need....

De bronafbeelding bekijken

Edited by DutchFox

Just now, DutchFox said:

i was saying dried chicken manure....not fresh or rotten....:)

dry or wet it doesn’t matter for rabbit poo, It has the highest concentration of nutrients than any other poo and you can use it cold if you want :stoned: 

which is why I said rabbit poo is king, is all dude :stoned: 

all bio manure is usable......there is no discussion about this.....but rabbit manure is not complete....missing is the 10% calsium.

and the recept i offered is complete including how to work with it.......in a plant hole...:)

Dame Blanche started weed grows in holland since 1963.....and he virtually tried all manures...and quantaties.....

and...the most imported thing......the was not in the game for money....

just the love for the plant...

ps: he lived 3 kilometers away from the bio-bizz factory....and he knew exactly what they do there...:)

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

all bio manure is usable......there is no discussion about this.....but rabbit manure is not complete....you missing the 10% calsium

but I wasn't commenting about a complete list :D

poo is what I was talking about lol 

and how rabbit poo is king because it has the highest concentration of npk  than any other poo 

and you can use it cold, which is a massive bonus to boot :stoned: 

Ill leave you too it I think.. lol 

Edited by twigs
spell

King for me is a proven complete recept and a SIMPLE way to make a plant hole....and harvest 500+ gram dry......:)

===

kippenmest-e1487932387537.jpg

Edited by DutchFox

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/rabbit-feces-garden-fertilizer-34822.html

Fresh rabbit manure has about

2 percent nitrogen,

1 percent phosphorus and

1 percent potassium,

to the National Gardening Association. Composted rabbit manure contains about 2.4 percent nitrogen, 1.4 percent phosphorus and 0.6 percent potassium, according to the University of Kentucky.

=============

De bronafbeelding bekijken

.your npk list seems wrong....

Edited by DutchFox

maybe yours is..? the results vary according to how dry (processed) the chicken poo is..

one site says this..

Horticulture

NPK value of everything organic

Chicken Manure (Dried) 5 - 2 - 1

Rabbit Manure  7 - 1.7/3.1 - 0

npk of everything

another says this..

Rabbit manure is an excellent manure to use in the garden. It can be used fresh, has higher nutrient levels than other manures, and does not burn plant roots. It’s an ideal soil conditioner that’s suitable to use in any garden

The Benefits of Using Rabbit Manure

Nutrient-rich – rabbit manure is very nutrient-rich, it has four times more nutrients than cow or horse manure and is twice as rich as chicken manure.

Can be used fresh – rabbit manure can be applied to the garden directly, it doesn’t need to be composted first, but it still can be if you prefer. Other manures, such as cow, horse and chicken manure need to be composted first, because they’re considered to be ‘hot’ and will burn plant roots if used fresh. They usually need to sit for approximately three months till they are well-rotted before they’re suitable for use in the garden.

Easy to work with – rabbit manure It is not as smelly as other manures, is drier than poultry manure, and because it’s naturally in the form of little round pellets, it’s easy to handle and apply to the garden.

Versatile – manure pellets can be used as a fertiliser in vegetable gardens, ornamental gardens and flower beds. They can also be used to top-dress lawns, and as a nitrogen source for composting to get a compost pile going.

No weed seeds – rabbit manure is most often collected from pet rabbits, from under their hutches where they’re kept, and these rabbits aren’t fed food containing viable weed seeds, so the manure won’t produce weeds when used in the garden, unlike sheep manure, which tends to be very weedy. It’s important to note that the rabbit bedding material does fall into the rabbit manure below the hutch, so it’s best to use bedding material  that does not contain weed seeds.

Rabbit Manure as a Fertiliser

Fertilisers provide plants with the essential nutrient which they need to grow.

The following nutrients are termed macronutrients, they’re the most important, and required in greater quantities:

• Nitrogen (N) for leafy green vegetative growth
  • Phosphorus (P) for root formation, stem growth, and fruiting
  • Potassium (K) for flowering and fruit ripening, plant immunity/disease resistance

We’ve already mentioned that rabbit manure has four times more nutrients than cow or horse manure and twice as much as chicken manure. More specifically, rabbit manure contains higher levels of nitrogen and phosphorus than cow, sheep, chicken, horse and goat manure.

The nutrient levels of various manures are shown in the table, with rabbit manure as the first entry for comparison.

Comparison of Nutrient Levels of Various Manures – percentage of Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K)

Rabbit: 3-4.8 %N1.5-2.8 %P1-1.3 %K, medium release speed

Cattle: 0.5-1.5 %N, 0.2-0.7 %P, 0.5-2 %K,  medium release speed

Cattle (dairy): 0.5–2 %N, 0.3-0.5 %P, 0.4-1.5 %K,  medium release speed

Horse: 0.7-1.5 %N, 0.2-0.7 %P, 0.6-0.8 %K, medium release speed

Sheep: 2.2-3.6 %N, 0.3-0.6 %P, 0.7-1.7 %K, medium release speed

Poultry (75% water): 1.5 %N, 1 %P, 0.5 %K,

Poultry (50% water): 1.5-2 %N, 1.8 – 2 %P, 1 %K, medium to fast release speed

Poultry (30% water): 3–4 %N, 2.5 %P, 1.5 %K,medium to fast release speed.

Poultry (15% water): 6 %N, 4 %P, 3 %K, medium to fast release speed

Worm Castings: 1.5 %N, 2.5 %P, 1 %K

Poultry manure is listed in the above table with various percentages of water because fresh poultry manure is wet, but when dried it reduces in volume and increases in nutrient concentration.

Note that rabbit manure analysis varies, and some sources state lower nutrient levels of approximately 1.3 % N, 0.9 % P, 1.0 % K, but these are still high nutrient levels for a manure.

Rabbit Manure as a Soil Conditioner

Rabbit manure is an excellent soil conditioner, as it’s a source of organic matter, which when dug into the soil improves poor soil structure, drainage and moisture retention. Since it contains nutrients, it also beneficial to soil microorganisms, and earthworms also love rabbit manure.

Rabbit Manure as a Sustainable Source of Fertiliser

In permaculture we aim to work with nature, and one way we do that is by utilising biological resources.

Home gardeners usually have to bring in manures from external sources to feed their gardens, but an organic gardener with a larger property can easily produce their own fertiliser by keeping rabbits.

According to the Mississippi State University Extension Service, “Fifteen does, two bucks, and their litters will produce approximately one ton of manure a year.” That’s a decent amount of manure for a small farm.

Combining Vermicomposting Systems with Rabbit Raising

The New Mexico State University Extension Service recommend  starting a vermicomposting system (worm farm) under rabbit cages.

All you need to do is obtain some compost worms, they’re available from garden centres for use worm farms, and apparently in the US you can buy compost worms from fish bait stores where they’re sold as ‘red wigglers’. Release the compost worms into a pile or bin of bedding under the rabbit cage. That’s it!

A vermicomposting system located beneath a rabbit hutch will provide gardeners with an excellent source of manure and worm castings, which are both very valuable fertilisers, and also a good supply of compost worms

another says this..

Are you looking for an organic, small round, pelleted form of fertilizer? Look no further than a pet rabbit or two. Fresh rabbit manure is approximately 2 percent nitrogen, 1 percent phosphorus and 1 percent potassium. Use it fresh, straight from under the hutch. It does not burn plants. Use the pellets to topdress your lawn, mulch roses, vegetables, flower beds and ornamental plantings, or supercharge your compost pile and create an earthworm heaven.

One Michigan 4-H'er has had a booming business selling his “bunny honey.” As a young entrepreneur, Jack has found a way to cash in on what many would consider a waste product. Jack knew some gardeners that wanted a natural fertilizer. He also wanted to make a little money to help pay for the rabbit feed for his 4-H rabbit project. Bunny honey was the answer.

“Feeding my rabbits costs money. Selling their manure to help make gardens grow just makes sense. I get coffee cans, ice cream pails and buckets to fill and sell the bunny honey. It helps to cover my feed costs,” said Jack. “Your garden will grow better with bunny honey from the hoppin' hotel!”

Here are a few facts about rabbit manure:

• Rabbit manure has four times more nutrients than cow or horse manure and is twice as rich as chicken manure. Cow, horse and chicken manure are considered “hot” and need to be composted (well-rotted) to use as fertilizers.
  • One of the best things about rabbit manure is it doesn’t need to be composted.
  • Rabbit manure is organic matter and improves poor soil structure, drainage and moisture retention.
  • It improves the life cycle of microorganisms in the soil.
  • Worms love rabbit manure.
  • It is not as smelly as other manures and is easy to handle.
  • One doe and her offspring can produce a ton of manure in one year. That’s a lot of bunny honey.
  • Rabbit manure is packed with nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, minerals and micronutrients.
  • It contains beneficial trace elements such as calcium, magnesium, boron, zinc, manganese, sulfur, copper and cobalt, just to name a few.
  • Nitrogen (N). Rabbit manure is higher in nitrogen than sheep, goat, chicken, cow or horse manure. Plants need nitrogen to produce strong green growth.
  • Phosphorus (P). Rabbit manure is also higher in phosphorus than the other manures. It helps with the transformation of solar energy to chemical energy. Phosphorus also helps plants to withstand stress and contributes to more and bigger blossoms, and is great for root growth.
  • Potassium (K). Potassium helps with fruit quality and reducing disease; plants will not grow without it.

If you know somebody with rabbits all the better.. or go collecting with the family  :stoned:  

• Like 1

Never thought of using Rabbit Shit have access to loads of rabbit shit! Will it attract or put off rabbits from the plants? 

Edited by growitandsmokeit

Manure is generally a slow release fertilizer: 50% nutrients first year, 25% second and 25% third.

Organic matter is excellent for improving heavy clay soils in a few years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, growitandsmokeit said:

Never thought of using Rabbit Shit have access to loads of rabbit shit! Will it attract or put off rabbits from the plants? 

haven’t read or seen any info about attraction or anything dude..

it’s safer than bird/bat poo too, I think kyle kushman recently had a toxic reaction that could have killed him / especially the dryer stuff?

44 minutes ago, growitandsmokeit said:

its organic....so you need to give it time......so fall apart.......hard to say how rabbits react to it...they love just fresh green i guess.....

again...rabbit manure is very usable....but its not complete...chicken has approx 10% calsium inside....

and for npk values.....i do not look in internet for that......i look at the bag......

i posted 2 pictures....and all one does is read the npk value....:)

dutch bag 4/3/3

other bag 3/2/2

Edited by DutchFox

1 hour ago, twigs said:

haven’t read or seen any info about attraction or anything dude..

it’s safer than bird/bat poo too, I think kyle kushman recently had a toxic reaction that could have killed him / especially the dryer stuff?

chicken manure got a bad name for the use of it fresh......it can burn grass severly.....if done with over kill.

any dried manure dust...is not nice to inhaul in longs.....thats why its in pellet form....or biks form

applied in the recept for plantholes... i gave few post back... its safe as a brick..and complete......1 stop... vertiliser for our plants.

ps i have no chickens....i just get it dried...25 kilo bag fits nice in my backpack.

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

just a thaught, if your worried about the rabit shit attracting rabbits and if you have a zoo near you or go online, you can buy lion tiger or wild cat manure, it scares the shit out of any pest that smels it and it smells for quite a distance, ferret shit should do the same, should scare rabbits away anyhow.