Outdoor Strains Uk

yossman

Strain/breeder: Royal Dane/Danish Breeders (Mine was a gift, but is usually available from HFH though out of stock at present)
Harvest time: 30/8/2014
Latitude of grow: 52n
Location: In a nettle bed on the southern edge of woodland, all day sun
Average yield: 2.5oz
Mold: 0%
Potency: 8/10

Taste/smoke quality: Quite zesty and hashy, not rough on the throat like some outdoor, overall quite a pleasant puff.
Year of grow: 2014
Grow again: Yes, I've got some in the seed stash which will be getting grown this year. :D

I previously posted a report on a single RD in this thread which was grown in the same spot but finished a week earlier, this report is about the other three - out of the four there were three phenos. Apart from the look there is no real difference in taste or smell from the different phenos, they're all pretty similar.

Overall, really impressed with this strain. Best outdoor I've personally grown and despite being a bit airy it yielded well, around 10 oz from four early July planted plants. This year I'm going to plant earlier to hopefully get much bigger plant, these were a very late plant out hence their smallish size.

Pluses - It's very early, it's potent, it's tasty, it looks like indoor when dried, very good calyx to leaf ratio for outdoor, trimming it is a breeze, it had 0% mold at full maturity.

Minuses - It's a bit airy, afaik it is "semi-auto" so cloning may be problematic though I haven't tried it, may be a lot of variation in phenos as the four females I flowered had three distinct phenos.

I'd say the strain would definitely benefit from early topping to bush it out, the two slug casualties which recovered yielded more than the untopped ones.

The four plants together. From L to R - densely budded green pheno which was topped early by slugs, airier green pheno which was topped by slugs, purple pheno, same airier green pheno untopped:

gallery_73695_4381_94819.jpg

Densely budded green pheno:

gallery_73695_4381_137530.jpg

gallery_73695_4381_70516.jpg

Airier Green pheno:

gallery_73695_4381_155395.jpg

gallery_73695_4381_29528.jpg

Purple pheno:

gallery_73695_4381_236936.jpg

gallery_73695_4381_23850.jpg

Edited by Guerrillero
  • Like 43

Strain/breeder: Purple Maroc - Female Seeds
Harvest time: Between late Sept and early Oct
Latitude of grow: 52n
Average yield: 2.5-3oz
Mold: Varied from 1-20% depending on plot/finishing time.
Potency: 7/10

Taste/smoke quality: Have grown PM in previous years and 2014 was better than before, not as leafy or rough on the throat. 2014 PM had quite a pleasant smooth hashy taste - whether the improvement was due to the great weather during flowering or a slight alteration in the genetics I don't know, but a definite improvement.
Year of grow: 2014
Grow again: Yes, PM has formed the backbone of my grow for the last two seasons as it's such a cast iron finisher.

There are plenty of PM reports in this thread but the more the merrier, here's some shots taken from various plots:

gallery_73695_4381_90038.jpg

gallery_73695_4381_73877.jpg

gallery_73695_4381_134612.jpg

gallery_73695_4381_112924.jpg

gallery_73695_4381_25229.jpg

gallery_73695_4381_118980.jpg

gallery_73695_4381_83400.jpg

• Like 33

• 4 months later...
Guest spike_weed

Strain/Breeder: Hybrids From Hell, Wild 3 (Chunky Pink Pheno)

Sow Time: 11th March.
Harvest Time: 29th-30th July, 6+ weeks flowering.

Latitude of Grow: 55.

Hole: 1ft wide x 1ft-2ft depth.
Soil: Amended Organic Soil from the hillside with added amendments FBB/Potash/Bat Guano.

Strain Problems: Wild 3 has Hermie Traits in her, wk5 it started, same on another few W3's BE-WARNED PEEPS.
Average Yield: 14g - 28g.
Mold: 5%, Started getting it around wk6+ on a side branch near the middle.
Potency: 7, Real body sativa hit, relaxing aswell, buds were big n dense but shrunk to small compact buds with added seeds :).
Smell/Flavour: Smell was strong when it was drying, Smell fizzled out during jarring up.

Year of Grow: 2015.
Grow Again: No! as too many hermies in the Wild 3 Trait BE-WARNED PEEPS.

--

SW :oldtoker:

Wild 3 (Chunky Pink Pheno)

med_gallery_79779_10347_402510.jpg - med_gallery_79779_10347_567120.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_397634.jpg - med_gallery_79779_10347_502485.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_415864.jpg - med_gallery_79779_10347_268855.jpg

No Hermie is mislabelled.

Edited by spike_weed
  • Like 16

• 3 weeks later...

This report is based upon Royal Danes grown in a really poor location, not purposefully, I fucked up, got my sun orientation wrong lol

Strain/breeder: Royal Dane/HFH (2012 edition- now sold out)

Planted: Germed mid april, transplanted early May. Planted 4, two got slug munched before showing sex and the other tow turned out to be female

Hole- Dug over native soil and addedd FBB, dLime. Nice and simple.

Harvest time: Mid- late August, one week between em. Dropped in 19th of July!

Latitude: 51

Location: A way too shaded spot, tree canopies meant only probably 3-4 hours of direct light daily. It's worth adding that it pretty much pissed with rain for 3/4 of the plants flowering life. Pretty much the worse conditions you could plant canna in!

Average yield: A Q a plant, due to the above location

Mold: About 5 percent, chopped a week or so early for guaranteed weed. it good to know that she can perform even in the shittiest conditions

Potency: 6.5/10. Again lack of Sun I'm sure effected both the potency and the flavour. When I first sampled her, not properly dried weed I thought is that it?! Well given another week and I'm actually really enjoying the effect. Very smiley, mostly sativa, but you do get an indica body hit, so I would say the high is well rounded. Roll a big enough one and your quite mash up (a bit short lived mind) have a single skinner and you can go about your business without any paranoia and just a good feeling.

Smell/taste: 6/10 In bloom orangey/skunk/piss. Theres an element of that in the smoke but is mostly overpowered by a woody, spicy taste. Quite an old skool taste and also quite complex. There's a flavour I can't put my finger on but reminds me of a subtle vanilla flavour, I bet she tastes pretty special when grown under cracking conditions. The sort of flavor your dads hippy mate will love but not so much the kids who want nutty cheese. Its worth adding that the smoke is smooth which is surprising given weeks of rain at the end. Good ground smell

Year: 2015

Bag Appeal: Not great 5/10, proper 'weed', bit airy. Once again,I blame the environment I created rather than the strain itself.

Grow again- Yes! I have 9 beans left in the bag and I will pop at least 4 again for next year. Should a male show I will use him to breed with a later tastier fem to hopefully create a half decent hack.

Royal dane

rd

rd

Edited by gravy_14
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Strain/breeder: Red Purps/Female seeds (only the one seed grown as it was a freebie for the first released batch)

Planted: Germed mid april, transplanted early May.

Hole- Dug over native soil and added FBB, dLime. Nice and simple.

Harvest time: 20th of September

Latitude: 51

Location: Overgrown area between farmers fields, not much morning sun but then sun all day

Average yield: I got 20g

Mold: About 3 percent, took to the small leaves within teh buds that rap around, not the calyxs. So could quite easily pick out without major spreading. Given the mostly awful flowering weather I found this plant to have high resistance to mold. Every visit I expected more but it never really came :)

Potency: 8/10. Not so much an '8' for pure mashed, but an '8' for the quality of the high, its brilliant. The exact right mix of head and body for me with a dreamy optimistic feel too it. Good for working, good for relaxing. Perfect high. Also worth noting, that I have muscle issues. This strain is the best strain I've had for relaxing those muscles so it could well be high in CBD. Not entirely sure how that works though. 100% good pain killa tho!

Smell/taste: 7/10 In bloom smelt like 'um bongo' tropical fruits. I'm pleased to say that the taste caries to the smoke, but it is overpowered by an aromatic hashyness, and a mellow spice with a fruity pruple taste. Excellent taste for me and quite smooth on the draw. So fresh in the buddah vape...

Year: 2015

Bag Appeal: Pretty good, 7/10. The buds aren;t the fattest, more slender and long but certainly could get fatter in a better season. Otherwise it looks good with the green and purple tones. Glistens with resin. Gave my mate a bud and he was impressed with the stickyness between the fingers. In fact it was a right sticky affair trimming...

Grow again- 100% this is my third year GGing and its the best smoke I've had from it, thats not saying its the strongest but that one that ticks my boxes the most. Also the early flowering is most welcome :)

20150901 173947 resized

20150901 174355 resized 1

RP

redpurp

Edited by gravy_14
  • Like 13

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spike_weed

Strain/Breeder: Hybrids From Hell, Wild 3 Photoype (Chunky Pink Pheno)

Harvest Time: 24th September, 7/8 weeks flowering.

Soil: Amended Organic Soil from the hillside with added amendments FBB/Potash/Bat Guano.

Strain Problems: Wild 3 has Hermie Traits in her, wk5 it started, same on another few W3's BE-WARNED PEEPS "ONLY HAD 2 HERMIES IN THE SEASON".
Average Yield: 1/2oz.
Mold: 15%, Started getting it around wk6+ some on tops at wk7/8
Potency: 9, Strong Indica this time round and buds were big n dense but still shrunk to small compact buds, with no seeds this time round though.
Smell/Flavour: Smells are lemony/skunky tastes hashy.

Grow Again: Yes! Been convinced now to grow them out and select the mid sep pheno phototype and clone her and check for hermies.

--

Wild 3 Photoype (Chunky Pink Pheno)

med_gallery_79779_10347_386820.jpg - med_gallery_79779_10347_14511.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_511335.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_355882.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_18175.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_4042.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_332969.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_592018.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_165421.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_499118.jpg

• Like 10

Guest spike_weed

Strain/Breeder: Hybrids From Hell, Wild 1 Phototype (Big Buds Pheno)

Harvest Time: 11th September, 10/11 weeks flowering.

Strain Problems: Wild 1 is hit n miss on the big phenotype only had 1 out of 13, and she take 11wks to finish.
Average Yield: 1oz.
Mold: 5%, Started getting it around wk7+ and then left.
Potency: 7, real relaxing feeling from head to toe, doesn't last long though maybe a hybrid effect haha.
Smell/Flavour: Pineapples and grapes, very tasty and smells define.

Grow Again: No, takes too long to flower in my latt.

--

Wild 3 Photoype (Big Buds Pheno)

med_gallery_79779_10347_41612.jpg - med_gallery_79779_10347_208546.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_68971.jpg - med_gallery_79779_10347_103617.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_636713.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_310353.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_207355.jpg

med_gallery_79779_10347_22661.jpg

• Like 13

• 1 month later...

Strain/Breeder: SERIOUS SEEDS - SERIOUS SIX(FEM)

Sow Time: 19TH &26TH APRIL (indoors). PLANT OUT 19TH MAY. Flowering approx AUG 19TH, or earlier
Harvest Time: SEPT22 (early) TILL OCT 12TH (SEPT 29 PROBABLY OPTIMUM)

Latitude of Grow: 51N
Location: Field edge plot . lots of nettles/bramble. These seemed to be in a sweet spot for getting direct light in flower & open area for good air flow. Surrounding veg was left quite long and everything got quite stretchy early on in veg.

Hole: plot dug over in march, 2ft sq. by a spade to 2ft deep. Probably ended up going wider but not very deep.
Soil: Slightly clay soil, ph on alkali side of neutral. Added coco and some leaf litter. Handful of chicken manure, FBB & cal seaweed in April. SOP & FBB flower feed 28/07

Strain Problems: Bit stretchy and grew tall (6ft). They needed some split stems repairing and needed staking end of July. I did this too late so for a while every time i visited there was one flopped over or split in half. Think that lack of sun in early veg and staking late made this worse. Plants seemed pretty unfazed by it all anyway.
Average Yield: by eye 2-3oz

Mold: Very little bud mold ~1%. Very happy as the buds are big and chunky. There was some rain in late flower so always expecting to find some hidden somewhere. On final chop (Oct12) a couple of the main stems looked like they were maybe hit with powdery mildew (covered in white powder/mould) but they were coming down anyway.
Potency: Good 8.5/10 nice warm body buzz, can do stuff or just chill as the mood takes. Even some early stuff with a quick dry is tasty and very smokeable. More finished bud with a cure really hits the spot.
Smell/Flavour: .Lush. Starts off strongly fruity (maybe purple pineapple if that was a smell) but seems to mellow with cure to something less fruity but still nice, strong and sweet.

Grow Again: hell yeah. I grew 5 and they were all pretty similar. Good vigorous and robust plants. Nice solid chunky buds that are really nice to smoke. Pink and White phenos but little to choose between them. Except visually, the pink ones are just such lookers :in_love:

med_gallery_91249_10721_112348.jpgmed_gallery_91249_10721_64719.jpg

sml_gallery_91249_10721_36553.jpgsml_gallery_91249_10721_173214.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Strain/breeder:Forest Dream/Dutch Passion
Harvest time:20th October, needed another 2 weeks, late year though
Latitude of grow:51
Location:bramble patch/clay soil amended with compost, worm castings, rockdust etc
Average yield: 1oz started early June
Mold:was turning quickly about 10% max

Smell: sweet skunky at first then some sort of berry once cured, very nice

Taste: skunky/earthy a bit bland but a bit early
Potency:8/10, puts a smile on your face for sure, pretty uplifting but mellows out, can get a good sleep after
Year of grow: 2015
Grow again:probably, needs a good year though. Impressed with the high, up there with the best ive done

gallery_9085_11802_59809.jpg

• Like 16

• 1 month later...
Guest Bbbob

Strain/breeder:haze 2.0 auto dinafem

Harvested: August 12 weeks after germ

Germinated:may

Latitude: not sure but in Cambridgeshire

Yield : roughly 2 oz

Smell : proper hazey / spicy

Taste : spicy definitely benifits from a cure

Potency: 8/10 strongest auto ive grown up there with some photo strains nice high turns to knock out blow quite quickly

Mould : found a dodgy looking leaf which was starting to go soggy in the main cola but caught it before rot set in and chopped @12 weeks

Grow again : I am this year

gallery_79270_11336_111763.jpg

• Like 15

Strain / Breeder : Critical 2.0 + Dinafem

Harvest: Early pheno on 10 October with main balance on 23 October

Plant Out: late May as 10 day seedlings

Location: Lat 51 Clearing in brambles on silt clay. Amended soil and fed

Yield: 1 to 2 oz per

Smell: Perfumed/sweet with a pungent and acrid spicy tang

Taste: Pleasant to smoke, perfume and tang remained when dried

Potency: 7/10 body and head.

Mould: Yes, a bit on them all. perhaps 10% although early one was clear

Grow again: Yes . slim plants / lighter green

Early Critical 10 October

Edited by Lea Valley
  • Like 10

Strain / Breeder : Green Poison fv,Sweet seeds

Year 2015

Harvest: Late September, early October

Plant Out: mid/late June (germed late may/early June)

Yield: 1-1.25oz per plant of prime bud, plus plenty of smaller bits for hash

Smell: skunky fruity

Taste: as above

Potency: 9/10, does it for me every time

Mould: hardly any, a bit on one main cola

Grow again: Yes, doing it again this year

gallery_92623_11101_316708.jpg

HTML

Edited by Mr blue
  • Like 10

Dinafem cheeseXXL

Outdoor in greenhouse - 65ish trams no less. Slugs loved these, I lost 4 of 5 early, though, all were uniform and of the same size as the one which finished. 11 l pot, no perlite, which I should in future. Bat guano and tomorite, plus booster.

Cheese smell throughout flowering, though when harvested it had a lighter skunk smell, not cheesy, but still very nice and appealing to skunk lovers. Looked great. Easily passed as indoor. Now this was so resinous that I managed two spliffs over a week of live hand rubbed charas from the lower bugs which were then left to finish.

Doing this again this year with critical 2.0 auto, mobs dick auto and others I have not yet decided on.

Purple Maroc

Outdoor in ground. Not particularly great spot due to slight light issues. However, still yielded 3 oz of descent oily out door bud. And made some seriously nice bubble hash

Germing 4 seeds as I speak.

The smell was nothing special, slightly sickly floral. However, a good finisher, you can rely on for something. Mine wasn't 11 October for me, slightly premature due to mould after very wet spell, but I can't complain, as pulling 3 after mould bud removed is not bad.

Edited by Average Joe
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

STRAIN:GREEN POISION F1/SWEETSEEDS

HARVEST TIME:20th/28 September

LAT:51

YIELD: 3/4 oz per lady

MOULD: 2 small bit..this is a very mould resistant plant

POTENCY: 7/8 out of 10...(lovely high)

YEAR:2015

GROW AGAIN:100% yes,yes,yes

gallery_74384_10692_60248.jpg

• Like 15

BREEDER/STRAIN HFh Guerilla gold

PLANTING/HARVEST TIME April 16th germination ,harvest Sept 5-26

LATTITUDE 54

YIELD. 2-4 Ozs

MOULD Yes on early pheno, late plants were bullet proof

SMOKE REPORT. 7/10 for late pheno 5/10 for early pheno The late is more potent real fruity piney smell. Early pheno smells like cats piss but smokes ok

GROW AGAIN. Yes I probably would consider growing again considering how wet and cold the summer was they did very well

URL=http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=gallery&